SOLVED: does not heat up and cook – GE Microwave Oven model LVM1750SM155

none of these fixes should be attempted by a novice. personally I wo n’t work on one !
cause 1
diode
The diode converts the A/C exponent output of the transformer to D/C, doubling the voltage to closely 5,000 volts. This high voltage powers the magnetron to heat the food. If the diode burns out, the magnetron won ’ thyroxine receive adequate voltage to operate, preventing the microwave from heating. When the diode fails, it is much visibly burned out. Inspect the diode and if the diode is burned out, replace it. If inspecting the diode proves inconclusive, test it with a multimeter that uses a 9-volt battery or put a 9-volt battery in serial with the diode. When the leads are reversed, the diode should entirely have continuity in one direction. ( Warning : The microwave oven can store a deadly come of electricity in its high electric potential capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. due to the high track voltage and the electric potential for electric shock, it is highly dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. only a accredited technician should replace the diode. )

cause 2
Door Switch
Most microwaves have three or four door switches. When the microwave door closes, the door switches actuate in sequence to ensure that the doorway is closed by rights. If any of the door switches fails, the microwave will not start or heat. To determine if any of the door switches are defective, use a multimeter to test each of the switches for continuity. If any of the door switches does not have continuity, replace it. ( circumspection : The microwave oven can store thousands of volts of electricity in its high electric potential capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. due to the likely for electric shock absorber, it is highly dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. only a license technician should replace a door switch. )

cause 3
Magnetron

The magnetron uses high voltage, high current DC exponent to generate the microwave frequency that cooks the food. If the magnetron burns out, the microwave won ’ triiodothyronine heat. The magnetron is not repairable—if the magnetron is burned out, you must replace it. ( Warning : The microwave oven can store a deadly sum of electricity in its high electric potential capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. due to the high run voltage and the potential for electric shock, it is extremely dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. only a accredited technician should replace the magnetron. )
here are the prices on these parts, if it were me, I merely buy a modern one :
hypertext transfer protocol : //www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/H …