What is a pizza peel?
A pizza peel is a shovel-like tool used for transporting pizzas to and from the oven. Professional pizza peels can be made from metal (typically aluminum) or wood. They range in size and are generally round, square, or rectangular in shape.
How to use a pizza peel?
- Prepare your pizza on a cool, floured surface. Flour your peel as well.
- Using the peel, lift the edge of the pizza and slide the peel underneath of it. Bring your pizza to the oven on the peel.
- Place your peel in the oven where you want your pizza to cook. Slowly tilt the peel so the pizza slides off, shaking the peel gently if necessary.
- Throughout cooking, use the peel to turn your pizza as needed.
- When your pizza is done cooking, slip the edge of the peel under the crust and carefully lift to slide the peel under it.
- Once your pizza is securely on the peel, remove it from the oven and bring it to your cooling space.
How to clean a pizza peel?
- Use soapy water and scrub gently at any food left on the commercial pizza peel’s surface.
- Then rinse the peel and dip in sanitizing solution.
- Thoroughly dry the surface and set the professional pizza peel aside to dry completely before re-using.
How to keep pizza from sticking to a pizza peel?
Prepare your pizza on a floured surface so that your dough has a thin layer of flour on it. Then, coat your peel with flour, and add small amounts of cornmeal if desired. Cornmeal will add texture to your pizza’s crust, so use only flour if you prefer a smooth crust texture. Once your pizza is on the peel, work quickly so that your dough does not absorb the flour and begin to stick. Whether you run a high- or low-volume pizzeria, it ’ second crucial that you have a safe way to move your delectable pizza from the oven to your work area. not merely do commercial pizza peels protect you and your employees from injury, but it besides prevents your pizza from falling apart. Our pizza paddles are even available in a kind of sizes and materials, so you ’ ra certain to find the best one for your needs. For more pizza supplies, check out our tall mallow shakers dough boxes, and oven brushes
A pizza skin is a shovel-like joyride used for transporting pizza to and from the oven. Professional pizza peels can be made from metal ( typically aluminum ) or wood. They range in size and are broadly round, square, or rectangular in shape.Prepare your pizza on a flour open so that your dough has a thin layer of flour on it. then, coat your peel with flour, and add small amounts of cornmeal if desired. Cornmeal will add texture to your pizza ’ south crust, so use alone flour if you prefer a smooth crust texture. once your pizza is on the peel, work promptly so that your dough does not absorb the flour and begin to stick.
Reading: Pizza Peels
besides make certain to check out other great items from american Metalcraft, Boska USA Corp, Epicurean, Fat Daddio ‘s, Fox Run, GI Metal and Nemco .