Cheese Pizza Recipe
Greetings from sicily ! We ’ re finally here. And you guys… I ’ m never leaving ! Everything about this put is perfect. I ’ m so happy we have 6 more days before heading to Rome. During this clock time I will be putting all of my effort into eating ampere much as humanly possible. Priorities ! besides, I will be mentally storing recipe ideas. I think an italian workweek is a must. Don ’ thymine you ? But enough about Italy. Today ’ second mail is all about New York. More specifically, New York-Style Cheese Pizza ! Have you always had a piece ? It is pizza paragon.
New York Pizza Dough Recipe
Great pizza starts with great pizza boodle ! For the crust you ’ ll need :
- Bread Flour: This is a high-gluten flour that has a tiny amount of barley flour and vitamin C added. The barley flour helps the yeast activate, and the vitamin C increases the elasticity of the gluten and its ability to retain gas as the dough rises and bakes. Bread flour is typically used for recipes like pizza dough and garlic knots because of the chewiness that the extra gluten provides.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar works best here.
- Active dry yeast: Be sure your yeast is not expired.
- Kosher salt: Table salt will also work.
- Water: Use a thermometer to ensure the temperature is between 110 and 115 degrees (F).
- Olive Oil: You’ll need this for the crust as well as greasing the bowl the dough will rise in.
Best Cheese for Pizza
No surprise here : mozzarella ! ! ! I suggest using low-moisture mozzarella cheese, which has been aged for longer and has a lower water contented than fresh mozzarella. Which means your pizza is less probable to bake up inert when using it. I besides love low-moisture mozzarella because it melts great and has a delightful salty/tangy spirit to it. pro tip : Freeze your tall mallow ! I know that sounds brainsick, but it ’ south key. Because freezing your tall mallow helps it melt slower, resulting in a perfectly gooey cheese pizza ! Try it at least once !
For this lemony homemade sauce, you ’ ll motivation :
- Olive Oil
- Yellow Onion
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Parmesan Cheese
- Dried Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Black Pepper
How to Make Cheese Pizza
Although this recipe may seem like a fortune of make for a simple cheese pizza, all of the steps can be done ahead of time. The pizza dough makes enough for 2 pizza ! And you can freeze the pizza boodle and sauce for up to 2 months ! so then all you ’ ll want to do is thaw, meet, and broil ! And I promise it ’ south worth your feat ! Because although delivery pizza can be delightful, nothing hits the spot like homemade tall mallow pizza ! For a very New York din experience, enjoy a slice of The Best New York-Style Cheesecake for dessert !
More Pizza Recipes:
The Best New York Style Cheese Pizza
This New York Style Cheese Pizza Recipe features a chewy crust, sweet and tangy sauce, and plenty of cheese! So much better than delivery!
votes PRINT RECIPE
For the Crust:
- 3 and 3/4 cups bread flour
Read more: Best Homemade Pizza Recipe
and 1/4 teaspoons boodle
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups water, 110 – 115 degrees ( F )
- 2 tablespoons olive anoint, plus 2 teaspoons
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons olive petroleum
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ( 8 ounce ) can tomato sauce
- 1 ( 6 ounce ) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Cheese:
- 8 ounces low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded then freeze
For the Crust:
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and salt in the bowl of a stand sociable ; stir to combine .
- Fit mixer with dough overcharge .
- Turn mixer on low speed and add the water system and 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil ; beat until the dough forms into a ball around the hook. If the dough is super awkward, add extra flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the boodle comes together in a solid ball. If the boodle is besides dry, attention deficit disorder extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time .
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured open and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball .
- Grease a big bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive vegetable oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with credit card wind. Place the bowl in a warm area and let it double in size, about 90 minutes .
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 adequate pieces. Wrap one boodle well in saran wrap and place in the deep-freeze for a subsequently use .
- place the dough you ‘ll be using on a patch of credit card wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes .
For the Sauce:
- In a big frying pan, heat the petroleum over medium-flame. Add the onion, celery and garlic and saute until soft ; about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth .
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool .
- Spread the sauce on pizza boodle, as needed .
For the Cheese:
- Grate cheese, then position it in a large, clean bowling ball. Place bowl in the deep-freeze for at least 20 minutes .
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees ( F ) .
- Roll dough out to a big r-2 ( about 12 inches ). Pour a 1/4 cup of sauce in the center and spread it around evenly. Add cheese .
- Place pizza in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is set and the tall mallow is bubbling. Cut into slices and serve at once !
- The trick to a perfect pizza is a very hot oven! Be sure to crank your oven on at least 45 minutes before baking. I usually preheat mine for 1 hour. Hot oven = gooey cheese and crispy crust. YES!
Tried it and loved it ? Snap a picture and share it with me on Instagram @ Bakerbynature and by using the hashtag # BakerByNature