The best homemade margherita pizza begins with homemade pizza dough. Homemade pizza dough may sound unmanageable to you. Why waste the time when you can just buy frozen pizza dough? Well, here ’ s a fact : Homemade pizza boodle has a delectable flavor and texture that only comes from YOU. I use the same homemade recipe for stromboli and garlic knots, excessively .
Pizza Dough Ingredients
- Yeast: Instant yeast makes the job quicker.
- Water: Use warm water to reduce the rise time, about 105ºF – 115ºF. Anything over 130ºF is too hot.
- Flour: It’s best to use unbleached all-purpose white flour in the pizza crust. Bleaching the flour strips away some of the protein, which reduces the amount of water the flour can absorb.
- Oil: Extra virgin olive oil adds wonderful flavor. Don’t forget to brush the dough with olive oil before adding the toppings, which prevents the crust from tasting soggy.
- Salt & Sugar: Salt adds flavor and sugar increases the yeast’s activity and tenderizes the dough.
- Cornmeal: Use cornmeal to dust the pizza pan; it gives the pizza crust a little extra flavor and crisp.
Homemade Pizza Dough Video Tutorial
The homemade pizza crust is gentle and downy in the center with lusciously crispen edges. It ’ s an all around basic pizza crust recipe and has cursorily become a lector favored. The best part? You can make the dough in progress. See pizza dough freezing instructions .
Margherita Pizza Toppings
Despite how I feel about loading up on pizza toppings, less is more when it comes to margherita pizza. Plain, simple, and easy, margherita pizza is fulfilling without excessively much dirt weighing it down. There are entirely 4-5 ingredients on lead .
- For absolute best flavor, use homemade roasted garlic.
- Use your favorite homemade tomato sauce.
- Top with good quality mozzarella.
- And fresh juicy tomatoes, any size.
- Plus lots of fresh basil. And bonus if the basil is from your garden.
Garlic, blue tomatoes, and newly basil besides taste fantastic on top of homemade focaccia .
Baking with Yeast Guide
mention this Baking with Yeast Guide whenever you work with baker ’ s yeast. I include hardheaded answers to all of your common yeast questions .
Homemade Pizza Baking Equipment
There ’ s only 3 crucial tools you need for homemade pizza .
- Stand Mixer: An electric stand mixer is preferred for making homemade pizza crust, but you don’t *NEED* it. You can simply mix and knead the dough by hand.
- Pizza Pan: Some pizza enthusiasts own pizza stones, baking stones, and pizza peels. If you have them– awesome. If you don’t, just use a regular pizza pan or a baking sheet.
- Pizza Cutter: This OXO pizza cutter because it’s sharp, comfortable, and easy.
Homemade Pizza Recipes
Printclock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
Classic Margherita Pizza
- homework time : 2 hours, 15 minutes
- cook prison term : 15 minutes
- total clock time : 2 hours, 30 minutes
- give way : one
- category : dinner
- method : Baking
Read more: The Top 3 Ways to Reheat Pizza—Ranked
- cuisine : italian
This margherita pizza recipe begins with my homemade pizza boodle. acme with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, then finish it off with garden-fresh basil. This is an easy pizza recipe with unbeatable flavor !
- 1/2 recipe homemade pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup your favorite pizza or tomato sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced (or any tomato you like)
- handful of fresh basil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare pizza dough through step 5, including preheating the oven to 475°F (246°C). Cover the shaped dough lightly with plastic wrap and allow it to rest as the oven preheats.
- Mix the olive oil and chopped garlic together in a small dish. Brush the top of the dough lightly with olive oil. Using your fingers, push dents into the surface of the dough to prevent bubbling. Top with pizza sauce, then the mozzarella cheese slices, then the tomato slices.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. For the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That’s optional.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil and pepper. Slice pizza and serve immediately.
- Cover leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices can be frozen up to 3 months. See pizza crust recipe for instructions on freezing the pizza dough.
- See homemade pizza crust recipe for how to freeze the pizza dough.
- Reference my Baking with Yeast Guide for answers to common yeast FAQs.
Keywords: margherita pizza