If you think you couldn ’ t love anything vitamin a much as you love pizza, then think again ! Because you ’ re about to swoon over this wind adaptation of your favorite Friday night pizza, making it more fun, meet, and a certify murder among the herd !
What’s in a Pizza Roll?
You see, our pizza paradiddle recipe here is made with indulgent and chewy homemade pizza dough and then paired with my very own pizza sauce. I then fill these rolls of happiness with my darling pizza toppings, such as pepperoni, sausage, and cheese .
And to make them more delicious, I besides brushed them with melted butter absolutely seasoned with garlic and Italian Seasoning. It ’ s like a party in your talk !
Reading: Pizza Rolls
Pizza Roll Recipe Ingredients and Substitutes
These cover girl hand-held snacks are a full as your favored pizza but a fortune more fun to eat ! And you should decidedly try them with dip for an add delightful snacking know. Oh yes !
Our recipe here is identical square so far jammed :
- Pizza Dough– Your pizza dough determines the taste and quality of your pizza. So I highly suggest using my homemade pizza dough recipe here. You really won’t regret it. However, if you want a shortcut, store-bought pizza or crescent dough will do the trick.
- Pizza Sauce – Nothing beats making your own pizza sauce because you can customize it according to your palate.
- italian Sausage and Pepperoni – My pizza wouldn’t be complete without these two shining stars. I just love their smoky and savory flavors with a little kick of heat. Other meat delis, like salami, chorizo, bacon, and ham, are also fantastic additions.
- mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese – Need I say more? Pizza can actually stand alone with just cheese as the toppings. I also love to add cheddar and provolone because I believe there’s always room for more CHEESE! 😋
- Fresh Basil– This aromatic gives the perfect harmony to the overall deliciousness of our pizza. And if you’re a fan of herbs, you’ll love these pizza rolls sprinkled with Italian Seasoning as well.
- Pepper Flakes– You can’t go wrong with pepper flakes. It has the perfect amount of spiciness that is not too overpowering. 😉
- butter– The perfectly seasoned butter definitely adds a sensational buttery flavor to our handheld treats. And if you’d like a healthier option, olive oil also works.
- Garlic Powder – I opted for garlic powder because it’s easier to work with. Since it’s powder, it’s much easier to blend it with butter, and the garlicky taste is evenly distributed. Plus, it’s an excellent way for the kids to enjoy the garlicky flavor without actually being overwhelmed with tiny bits of minced garlic.
- italian Seasoning – It’s a blend of herbs and spices that will surely give amazing flavors to our reconstructed pizza.
These pizza rolls are easily customizable with your favorite toppings ; oh, I meant fillings. And since it ’ south homemade, let ’ s make the best out of it. The options are endless !
so, whether you like it all meat or vegetarian, with red or white sauce, sweet or piquant, Hawaiian or New York Style, feel free to create your own version of these yummy pizza rolls .
aside from the ingredients list, you may besides add :
- More Veggies – Spinach, onion, green onion, artichoke, zucchini, and tomato are some of my favorite veggies on a pizza. What’s yours?
- Chili Peppers – Bell peppers are perfect for pizza because they are sweet and mild. They compliment our pizza rolls perfectly without overpowering the cheese, sauce, and crust. For more heat, jalapenos are great. They are spicier and offer a zingy sensation with every bite, adding more excitement to our yummy rolls. 😉
- Meat Lovers – Like any pizza recipe, ground meat or deli meat like ham, bacon, salami, and hotdogs go perfectly with our pizza rolls. Oh yes! And have you tried them with seafood like shrimp, mussel, crab, and lobster? They are pretty impressive, too!
- Fruity Twist – Aside from pineapples, you can also add apple, pear, mango, and peach slices. Oh yes! Just don’t let the Italians know about our little fruity secret. 😅
Tips and Tricks
- Resist adding too much filling, cheese, and sauce because it’ll be hard to roll our dough if there’s too much stuff inside. Plus, it’ll be a mess if the filling starts to leak. Yikes!
- Don’t forget to seal the edge after rolling the dough, so it won’t burst open while cutting.
- Aside from brushing seasoned melted butter on top, you can add more shredded cheese such as mozzarella, cheddar, or provolone for an extra gooey cheesy finish.
- Add a dash of sugar to your pizza sauce to cut the acidity and make it even more kid-friendly.
- You can also cook these homemade pizza rolls in the air fryer. Set the temperature to 380℉/194℃ and cook them for 6-8 minutes, flipping them halfway the cooking time.
- No pizza dough available? Replace pizza dough with an egg roll wrapper for a quick swap. Enjoy them deep-fried or air-fried. 😉
Serving and Storage Instructions
I always make a big batch of these pizza rolls and freeze them. thus when late-night cravings hit, I just pop them in the oven, and they ’ re ready in no time. No need to thaw ; it ’ s indeed elementary and easy ! They make big emergency snacks whenever family and friends come over for a surprise travel to, besides .
Make-Ahead Pizza Rolls
- Store – Prepare the rolls through step #3, then wrap the pizza log with a cling wrap.
- Refrigerate – Place the log in the fridge if you plan to bake them the next day.
- Freeze – If you’re not going to bake them anytime soon, place your pizza log in a resealable bag and freeze it for up to three months. Be sure to label to keep track of freshness.
Pro Tip: Proceed with the rest of the instructions when cook to serve. You might need to increase the broil time for freeze pizza rolls by about 2-3 minutes .
Storing Leftover Baked Pizza Rolls
- Store – Transfer the leftover rolls in an airtight container once cooled completely.
- Refrigerate – Leftovers will stay fresh inside the fridge for up to five days.
- Freeze – Leftovers also freeze well for up to three months.
Reheating Pizza Rolls
- Oven – Simply bake the rolls at 350°F/177℃ for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Air Fryer – Line a few pieces of pizza rolls in a single layer, don’t overlap. Set the temperature to 350°F/177℃ and reheat for 5-7 minutes.
- Microwave – Reheating pizza rolls in a microwave often results to dry and stone-hard crust. To avoid this, just place a microwave-safe glass filled with water next to your pizza rolls and heat them in 10-15 seconds blasts until hot.
Can I use store-bought pizza dough? If you ’ re pressed on time, you absolutely can use your favorite boughten pizza dough. But I highly encourage you to try my homemade pizza dough HERE. aside from the fact that you can freeze a part of the dough or double it, my homemade boodle is extra FLAVORFUL ( pinky-swear ! ) and easy and chewy between every bite.
What’s the best way to roll pizza dough? Make certain that you bring your boodle to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before you start working on it. Press the dough out from the center, then form into a rectangle. Add the sauce and the toppings, and bun it up. Do not forget to pinch to seal it therefore the rolls don ’ metric ton come apart when baking.
How long do pizza rolls take to bake? Pizza rolls are arrant treats during game days or when you have unexpected guests. You only need about 15 minutes to bake these rolls at 400°F/205℃. Making them ahead and freezing them comes in handy, specially if you ’ re like me, who craves pizza rolls about all the time. 😄
Delicious Dips to Accompany Pizza Rolls
Since we can ’ triiodothyronine put besides much sauce to our pizza rolls, why don ’ metric ton you good dip them rather ? And I have the perfect dip and sauce recipes to recommend. 😉
More Tasty Snacks and Appetizers to Try
How To Make Pizza Rolls
Make the Homemade Pizza Dough or Buy One
- (You may use store-bought pizza dough or use this Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe HERE).
Add the Pizza Toppings
- Preheat oven to 400℉/205℃.
- Line and Grease – Line baking or cookie sheet with parchment or foil paper. Lightly grease and set it aside.
- Prepare the Dough and Add the Filling – Roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle about 10″x14″. Add marinara or this homemade pizza sauce followed by toppings: sausage, pepperoni, cheeses, and fresh basil. (Photos 1-2)
Roll and Slice
- Roll and Seal – Starting with the end nearest you, roll the dough up snugly like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam side down. Do not forget to pinch the seal, so the rolls don’t fall apart when baking. (Photos 3-4)
- Slice the Pizza Log – Slice with a knife or pizza cutter into 1-inch pieces. Place rolls on prepared sheets. (Photo 5-6)
Brush with Seasoned Butter
- Combine, Mix, and Brush – Combine melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian Seasoning in a small bowl. Quickly brush over rolls. (Photos 7-8))
- Bake and Sprinkle – Bake rolls for about 15 minutes or until lightly brown, and rolls are cooked through. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and pepper flakes if desired; this is purely optional but oh so delicious.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Pizza Rolls are a crowd-pleasing pizza that gets a fiddling makeover into these playfulness party appetizers, snacks, or light meal pizza rolls. They are made with homemade pizza boodle and pizza sauce with lots of sausages, pepperoni, and tall mallow ; then, they ‘re brushed with a flavorful, buttery mix for a fantastic finish. surprisingly elementary yet superintendent comforting ! Makes 15-30 rolls, depending on how big you make them
14-16 ounce pizza dough
1 cup ( 273 g ) pizza sauce or marinara sauce
¼ irish pound italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
½ cup pepperoni, coarsely chopped
1-2 cup ( 113-226 g ) mozzarella tall mallow, shredded
¼ cup ( 25 guanine ) Parmesan tall mallow, grated ( more if desired )
fresh basil, minced ( optional )
crimson pepper flakes ( optional )
2 tablespoons ( 28 gigabyte ) butter, melted
½ teaspoon ( 1.5 guanine ) garlic gunpowder
½ teaspoon ( 1.5 g ) italian seasonings
Preheat oven to 400℉/205℃. Line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment or foil paper. Lightly grease and set it aside.
- hustle out the pizza boodle into a rectangle about 10 ” x14 ”. Add marinara or this homemade pizza sauce followed by toppings : blimp, pepperoni, cheeses, and fresh basil .
Starting with the end nearest you, roll the dough up snugly like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam side down. Do not forget to pinch the seal, so the rolls don’t fall apart when baking.
Slice with a knife or pizza cutter into 1-inch pieces. Place rolls on prepared sheets.
- Combine melted butter, garlic powderize, and Italian Seasoning in a small roll. Quickly brush over rolls .
Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes or until lightly brown and they are cooked through. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and pepper flakes if desired.
Tips & Notes:
- defy adding besides much satiate, tall mallow, and sauce because it ’ ll be hard to roll our dough if there ’ s excessively a lot stuff inside. Plus, it ’ ll be a mess if the meet starts to leak .
- Don ’ metric ton forget to seal the edge after rolling the dough, so it won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate explode candid while cutting .
- aside from brushing seasoned melted butter on top, you can add more shred cheese such as mozzarella, cheddar, or provolone for an extra gooey bum complete .
Add a dash of sugar to your pizza sauce to cut the acidity and make it tied more kid-friendly.
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
- You can besides cook these homemade pizza rolls in the breeze fryer. Set the temperature to 380℉/194℃ and cook them for 6-8 minutes, flipping them halfway the cook time .
- No pizza dough available ? Replace pizza boodle with an egg roll wrapping for a immediate swap. Enjoy them fried or air-fried. 😉
- Please keep in mind that nutritional data is a grating estimate and can vary greatly based on products used in the recipe .
Amount Per Serving ( 1 hustle )
Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g
Vitamin A 182IU
Vitamin C 1mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .