Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pampered Chef™. As always, all opinions are my own.
Did you know that October is National Pizza Month ? To celebrate the much-loved pizza, I was asked by the folks at Pampered Chef™ to create and share a classical canadian pizza. While others may have a unlike mind of what constitutes a canadian pizza, for me, it will always be the hawaiian !
hawaiian pizza originated in Canada back in 1962, when a pizza shop class owner right here in Ontario decided to try pineapple on pizza. He paired it with ham, for the gratifying and piquant combination and called it Hawaiian. And while much maligned and mocked since then, I ‘m a gallant and unapologetic extremity of Team Pineapple : )
For my translation, I gave the classical a bit of an update. I ‘ve swapped the classic ham for prosciutto and added some goat cheese to the blend. For the pineapple, I started with a fresh pineapple, that is brown-sugar roast before cutting into chunks. Of course, there ‘s a bit of mozzarella, besides and a bite of crimson onion. fresh out of the oven, my pizza is topped with fresh baby rocket. My canadian hawaiian pizza is a true feast for the sample bud, with angelic pineapple, piquant prosciutto, lemony capricorn cheese, blue red onion and fresh and peppery rocket .
The New Pampered Chef™ Pizza Stone!
In honor of the Pampered Chef™ fortieth Anniversary and to celebrate the history and inheritance of their basic stoneware pieces, Pampered Chef is launching a new stoneware collection, including a fabulous modern, unglazed stoneware pizza stone !
The new stoneware pizza stones is broiler-safe to 550 degrees Fahrenheit, oven-safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and it ’ s besides dishwasher-safe. One of the best parts about the stoneware is it gets better with time – the blue the rock looks, the better it cooks ! so tied after years of function, the Pizza Stone will continue to provide that arrant and evenly cooked pizza every clock .
I used the fresh Pampered Chef™ unglazed pizza stone for my pizza here. I loved how nice and large it was, to handle any size of pizza. I loved the handles for getting it easily in and out of the oven. And I particularly loved how beautifully it cooked my pizza. barely look at that crust !
- You can use store-bought pizza dough and/or pizza sauce or use your favourite homemade versions. I have used Peter Reinhart’s pizza dough here. (The recipe is all over the internet, so just hit up Google 🙂
- While I’ve used prosciutto here, you can go classic Hawaiian pizza by using deli ham instead.
- Be sure to flour your pizza peel well in order to easily transfer it to the hot pizza stone. A little cornmeal helps, too. OR! A little trick I use often is to assemble my pizza on top of parchment paper, then trim the parchment even with the pizza. Simply slide the pizza peel under the parchment and transfer it to the hot stone parchment and all. Your crust will still cook beautifully with the parchment underneath.
Watch my pizza come together!
[ jumprope code= ” 1FgBYIj1 ” products= ” buttocks ” displayformat= ” blog-post ” structureddata= ” faithlessly ” ]
A Canadian Hawaiian Pizza
hawaiian pizza originated in Canada back in 1962, when a pizza shop class owner decided to add some pineapple to his pizza. He paired it with ham for the classical sweet and salty combination. For my version, I ‘ve used brown-sugar roast pineapple, prosciutto, red onion, mozzarella and butt cheese and topped with fresh rocket after baking .
+ Collection Go to Collections
Share by Email
- 1 pound pizza boodle, boughten or your favored homemade
- 1 cup pizza sauce, boughten or your favored homemade
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, packed
- 1/3 cup crimson onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 clean pineapple, peeled, cored, sliced and roasted *see instructions below
- 2 Tbsp embrown carbohydrate
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup capricorn cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2
Read more: The Top 3 Ways to Reheat Pizza—Ranked
cups baby rocket, for topping after baking
Prevent screen from going dark
- Roast the pineapple ( do ahead ) : preheat oven to 425F. Prepare the pineapple by slicing away the outside of the pineapple. Cut into quarters and slice away the core. Cut into 3/4-inch slices. Place onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with brown university carbohydrate. Roast in preheat oven until thinly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into chunks .
- When ready to cook your pizza, rate pizza stone in cold oven, then turn on/preheat oven to 500F .
- Stretch pizza boodle into a 14 to 16-inch circle. Spread the top of the boodle with pizza sauce, leaving the outside border uncovered by 1/2 edge or so. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella evenly over-top. Scatter sliced red onion and the ridicule pineapple chunks over-top. Lay a piece of prosciutto out flatcar. Starting with the short end, roll up the prosciutto broadly, into a roughly rose-shape and place on circus tent of pizza. Scatter capricorn cheese over-top .
- Use a pizza undress to transfer the fix pizza to the hot pizza stone in the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is well cooked and brown in spots. Remove pizza from oven and top with fresh rocket. Slice and delight !
nutritional information provided for general guidance merely and should not be relied upon to make personal health decisions .
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
never miss a newly recipe !SIGN UP for email updates!