THANK YOU for purchasing this high-quality product. Register your microwave oven at www.whirlpool.com.
For future reference, please make a note of your exemplar and serial count located on the front lining of the microwave oven opening, behind the door
MICROWAVE HOOD COMBINATION SAFETY
Your base hit and the base hit of others are very important .
We have provided many important base hit messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all guard messages.
This is the safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to electric potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others.All condom messages will follow the safety alarm symbol and either the word “ DANGER ” or “ WARNING. ” These words mean : You can be killed or badly injure if you don ’ t immediately stick to instructions.
You can be killed or seriously hurt if you don ’ metric ton keep up instructions.
All condom messages will tell you what the electric potential guess is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can happen if the instructions are not followed .
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electric appliances basic condom precautions should be followed, including the adopt : WARNING: To reduce the hazard of burns, electric shock, fire, injury to persons, or exposure to excessive microwave department of energy :
- Read all instructions before using the microwave oven.
- Read and follow the specific “PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY” found in this section.
- The microwave oven must be grounded. Connect only to properly grounded outlet. See “GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS” found in this section and in the provided Installation Instructions.
- Install or locate the microwave oven only in accordance with the provided Installation Instructions.
- Some products such as whole eggs in the shell and sealed containers – for example, closed glass jars – are able to explode and should not be heated in the microwave oven.
- Use the microwave oven only for its intended use as described in the manual. Do not use corrosive chemicals or vapors in the microwave oven. This type of oven is specifically designed to heat, cook, or dry food. It is not designed for industrial or laboratory use.
- As with any appliance, close supervision is necessary when used by children.
- Do not operate the microwave oven if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been damaged or dropped.
- The microwave oven should be serviced only by qualified service personnel. Call an authorized service company for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- Do not cover or block any openings on the microwave oven.
- Do not store this microwave oven outdoors. Do not use the microwave oven near water – for example, near a kitchen sink, in a wet basement, near a swimming pool, or similar locations.
- Do not immerse cord or plug in water.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
- See door surface cleaning instructions in the “Microwave Oven Care” section.
- To reduce the risk of fire in the oven cavity:
– Do not overcook food. Carefully attend the microwave oven when paper, plastic, or other combustible materials are placed inside the oven to facilitate cooking.
– Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic bags before placing bags in oven.
– If materials inside the oven ignite, keep oven door closed, turn oven off, and disconnect the power cord, or shut off power at the fuse or circuit breaker panel.
– Do not use the cavity for storage purposes. Do not leave paper products, cooking utensils, or food in the cavity when not in use.
- Liquids, such as water, coffee, or tea are able to be overheated beyond the boiling point without appearing to be boiling. Visible bubbling or boiling when the container is removed from the microwave oven is not always present. THIS COULD RESULT IN VERY HOT LIQUIDS SUDDENLY BOILING OVER WHEN THE CONTAINER IS DISTURBED OR A SPOON OR OTHER UTENSIL IS INSERTED INTO THE LIQUID.
To reduce the risk of injury to persons:
– Do not overheat the liquid.
– Stir the liquid both before and halfway through heating it.
– Do not use straight-sided containers with narrow necks.
– After heating, allow the container to stand in the microwave oven for a short time before removing the container.
– Use extreme care when inserting a spoon or other utensil into the container.
- Do not mount over a sink.
- Do not store anything directly on top of the microwave oven when the microwave oven is in operation.
- Clean Ventilating Hoods Frequently – Grease should not be allowed to accumulate on hood or filter.
- When flambéing foods under the hood, turn the fan on.
- Suitable for use above both gas and electric cooking equipment.
- Intended to be used above ranges with maximum width of 36″ (91.44 cm).
- Use care when cleaning the vent-hood filter. Corrosive cleaning agents, such as lye-based oven cleaners, may damage the filter.
PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY
- Do not attempt to operate this oven with the door open since open-door operation can result in harmful exposure to microwave energy. It is important not to defeat or tamper with the safety interlocks.
- Do not place any object between the oven front face and the door or allow soil or cleaner residue to accumulate on sealing surfaces.
- Do not operate the oven if it is damaged. It is particularly important that the oven door close properly and that there is no damage to the:
(1) Door (bent),
(2) Hinges and latches (broken or loosened),
(3) Door seals and sealing surfaces.
- The oven should not be adjusted or repaired by anyone except properly qualified service personnel.
Observe all governing codes and ordinances. Required :
- A 120-volt, 60 Hz, AC-only, 15- or 20-amp electrical supply with a fuse or circuit breaker. Recommended:
- A time-delay fuse or time-delay circuit breaker.
- A separate circuit serving only this microwave oven
- For all cord connected appliances: The microwave oven must be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. The microwave oven is equipped with a cord having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
WARNING: Improper use of the grounding plug can result in a risk of electric shock. Consult a qualify electrician or serviceman if the ground instructions are not wholly understand, or if doubt exists as to whether the microwave oven is by rights grounded.
Do not use an elongation cord. If the power provision cord is excessively curtly, have a dependent electrician or serviceman install an wall socket near the microwave oven.
operational YOUR MICROWAVE OVEN
IMPORTANT: If there are 2 packing spacers on acme of the vent wicket, remove them before using the microwave oven .
The clock is a 12-hour ( 12:00-11:59 ) clock. touch CLOCK, insert time, then touch CLOCK or the Start command.
With the microwave oven in Standby mode, touch the Timer restraint, enter time, then touch the Timer control or the Start master. Cook functions may be entered while the Timer is counting depressed. To cancel timer, tint Timer operate while the Timer countdown is active in the expose.
Activate to avoid unintended starting signal. touch and hold the Cancel restraint for about 3 seconds until 2 tones healthy and Padlock picture appears in the display. repeat to unlock master.
High ( “ SPd2 ” ), moo ( “ SPd1 ” ), and off. Comes on mechanically as cooling sports fan during any cook function. vent Timer ( on some models ) : set vent fan to run for precisely 30 minutes or to run for entirely 30 minutes more ( off after 30 minutes ). The vent fan may be turned off at any time using the Vent Fan control. Touch and hold count keypad “ 4 ” for about 3 seconds, until a tone sounds and the vent winnow turns on.
Programming tones and signals. Programming tones may be turned off, or all tones ( including end-of-function signals ) may be turned off. To turn off programming tones, touch and hold count keypad “ 1 ” for about 3 seconds, until a confirmation tone sounds. repeat to turn back on program tones. To turn off all tones, touch and hold number keypad “ 2 ” for about 3 seconds, until a ratification tone sounds. repeat to turn back on all tones.
Activate to practice using the control without actually turning on the magnetron. affect and hold number keypad “ 3 ” for about 3 seconds, until a confirmation tone sounds and “ DEMO ” icon lights up in the display. repeat to deactivate.
When no functions are working ( 12-hour clock is displayed or if the clock has not been set ), oven will switch to Standby Power manner and dim the LED luminosity after 5 minutes. Press any button or open/close the door, and then display will return to the convention brightness.
Turntable: For best cooking results, do not operate the microwave oven without having the turntable in place.
Cookware and Dinnerware
- Browning dish (Follow manufacturer recommendations.)
- Ceramic glass, glass
- China, earthenware (Follow manufacturer recommendations.)
- Melamine (Follow manufacturer recommendations.)
- Paper towels, paper plates, napkins (Use non-recycled paper.)
- Plastic wraps, bags, covers, dinnerware, containers (Follow manufacturer recommendations.)
- Pottery and clay (Follow manufacturer recommendations.)
- Silicone bakeware (Follow manufacturer recommendations.)
- Wax paper
Do Not Use:
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
- Metal cookware and bake ware
- Straw or wicker
- Gold, silver, or pewter
- Non-approved meat thermometers, skewers
- Twist ties
- Foil liners, such as sandwich wrappers
- Objects with gold or silver trim or with metallic glass
To Test Cookware/Dinnerware: Place dish in microwave oven with 1 cup ( 250 milliliter ) of water system beside it. Program 1 moment of cook time at 100 %. If dish becomes blistering and the water stays cool, do not use the serve in the microwave oven .
Microwave Oven Use
For tilt of preset programs, see the Cooking Guide label on the movement face of the microwave oven orifice, behind the door.
Manual Cooking/Stage Cooking
Touch COOK TIME, allude number keypads to enter time, refer COOK POWER ( if not 100 % ), affect number keypads to enter power flush ( 10-90 ), then touch the Start control.
If scheduling extra stages, enter the cook clock time and cook world power of each before touching the Start restraint.
Touch COOK, embark number code of food item, accede quantity, then touch the Start master.
Touch REHEAT, enroll number code of food item, enter measure if needed, then touch the Start restraint.
Unwrap food. Touch DEFROST, record number code of food item, enter slant, then touch the Start manipulate.
Touch SOFTEN/MELT, record count code of food item, enroll quantity, then touch the Start control.
Touch POPCORN. Enter pocket size in ounces : 3.0 or 3.5 ( 85 or 99 deoxyguanosine monophosphate ), then touch Start control.
Touch ( BAKED ) POTATO. Enter number of potatoes : 1, 2, 3, or 4, approximately 10 to 13 oz ( 283 to 367 g ) each, then touch Start control.
NOTE: Place fork-pierced potatoes around turntable edges, at least 1″ ( 2.5 curium ) apart. Place a individual potato to the side of the turntable ( not in the center ).
Touch PIZZA. Enter number of slices : 1, 2, or 3, approximately 4 oz ( 113 gigabyte ) each, then tint Start restraint.
MICROWAVE OVEN CARE
IMPORTANT: Before clean, make surely all controls are OFF and the microwave oven is cool. Always follow label instructions on cleaning products. To avoid damage to the microwave oven caused by arcing due to soil buildup, keep cavity, microwave inlet cover, cooking rack supports, and area where the doorway touches the frame of reference clean.
clean with balmy soap, water, and a voiced fabric or leech or as indicated below .
- Grease filter: mild soap and water or dishwasher
- Door and exterior: mild soap and water, or glass cleaner applied to paper towel
- Control panel: sponge or soft cloth and water
- Stainless steel (on some models): mild soap and water, then rinse with clean water and dry with soft cloth, or use stainless steel cleaner.
- Turntable: mild soap and water or dishwasher
Installing/Replacing Filters and Light Bulbs
- Grease filters: Grease filters are on the underside of microwave oven. Clean monthly. Slide the filter away from the tab area and drop out the filter. To reinstall, place end of the filter into the opening opposite the tab area, swing up the other end, and slide it toward the tab area.
- Charcoal filter: The charcoal filter is behind the vent grille at the top front of the microwave oven. The charcoal filter cannot be cleaned and should be replaced about every 6 months. Remove 2 screws on the vent grille, slide the vent grille to the left, tilt it forward, lift it out, and remove the filter. To reinstall, place the filter into its 2-hook area with the wire mesh side to the front. Replace the vent grille by inserting the 3 bottom latch hooks of the vent grille into the front holes, tilt the vent grille backwards, slide it to the right, and secure with screws.
- Cooktop light: The cooktop light is located on the underside of the microwave oven and is replaceable. Remove bulb cover screws and open the bulb cover. Replace bulb, close bulb cover, and secure with screws.
- Cavity light: The cavity light bulb is located behind the vent grille at the top front of the microwave oven, under the bulb cover, and is replaceable. Remove 2 screws on the vent grille, slide the vent grille to the left, tilt it forward, and lift it out. Open the bulb cover and replace bulb. To reinstall, close bulb cover. Replace the vent grille by inserting the 3 bottom latch hooks of the vent grille into the front holes, tilt the vent grille backwards, slide it to the right, and secure with screws.
Following is a list of available parts and supplies which may be purchased individually. Please refer to the “ Warranty ” department for touch information .
- Turntable support and rollers
- Turntable hub
- Grease filter
- Charcoal filter
- Cooktop light bulb
- Cavity light bulb
- Heavy-duty degreaser
- affresh® Kitchen Appliance Cleaner
- affresh® Stainless Steel Cleaner
- affresh® Stainless Steel Wipes
foremost try the solutions suggested here. If you need promote aid or more recommendations that may help you avoid a service call, refer to the guarantee page in this manual of arms and scan the code with your fluid device, or visit hypertext transfer protocol : //www.whirlpool.com/product_help. Contact us by chain mail with any questions or concerns at the address below :
Whirlpool Brand Home Appliances
Customer feel Center
553 Benson Road
Benton Harbor, MI 49022-2692
Please include a day earphone count in your symmetry .
ONE class LIMITED WARRANTY
WHAT IS traverse
For one year from the date of leverage, when this major appliance is installed, operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished with the product, Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada LP ( future “ Whirlpool ” ) will pay for Factory Specified Replacement Parts and repair labor to correct defects in materials or craft that existed when this major appliance was purchased, or at its sole delicacy replace the product. In the event of product substitute, your appliance will be warranted for the remaining term of the original unit ’ sulfur guarantee period. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN. Service must be provided by a Whirlpool designated avail company.
This limited guarantee is valid lone in the United States or Canada and applies alone when the major appliance is used in the country in which it was purchased. This limited guarantee is effective from the date of original consumer purchase. Proof of original purchase date is required to obtain military service under this restrict guarantee .
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- Commercial, non-residential, multiple-family use, or use inconsistent with published user, operator or installation instructions.
- In-home instruction on how to use your product.
- Service to correct improper product maintenance or installation, installation not in accordance with electrical or plumbing codes or correction of household electrical or plumbing (i.e. house wiring, fuses or water inlet hoses).
- Consumable parts (i.e. light bulbs, batteries, air or water filters, preservation solutions, etc.).
- Defects or damage caused by the use of non-genuine Whirlpool parts or accessories.
- Conversion of products from natural gas or L.P. gas.
- Damage from accident, misuse, abuse, fire, floods, acts of God or use with products not approved by Whirlpool.
- Repairs to parts or systems to correct product damage or defects caused by unauthorized service, alteration or modification of the appliance.
- Cosmetic damage including scratches, dents, chips, and other damage to the appliance finishes unless such damage results from defects in materials and workmanship and is reported to Whirlpool within 30 days.
- Discoloration, rust or oxidation of surfaces resulting from caustic or corrosive environments including but not limited to high salt concentrations, high moisture or humidity or exposure to chemicals.
- Food or medicine loss due to product failure.
- Pick-up or delivery. This product is intended for in-home repair.
- Travel or transportation expenses for service in remote locations where an authorized Whirlpool servicer is not available.
- Removal or reinstallation of inaccessible appliances or built-in fixtures (i.e. trim, decorative panels, flooring, cabinetry, islands, countertops, drywall, etc.) that interfere with servicing, removal or replacement of the product.
- Service or parts for appliances with original model/serial numbers removed, altered or not easily determined.
The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by the customer.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE year OR THE SHORTEST menstruation ALLOWED BY LAW. Some states and provinces do not allow limitations on the duration of imply warranties of merchant ability or fitness, so this limitation may not apply to you. This guarantee gives you specific legal rights, and you besides may have early rights that vary from state to state or state to state .
DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS OUTSIDE OF WARRANTY
Whirlpool makes no representations about the quality, lastingness, or need for serve or animate of this major appliance other than the representations contained in this guarantee. If you want a longer or more comprehensive examination guarantee than the express guarantee that comes with this major appliance, you should ask Whirlpool or your retailer about buying an gallop guarantee .
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES ; EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN. WHIRLPOOL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This guarantee gives you particular legal rights, and you besides may have other rights that vary from state to department of state or province to state.
Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination Instruction Manual – Optimized PDF
Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination Instruction Manual – Original PDF
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob