Want to know how to thaw pork chops quickly, safely and properly?
then you ’ re in the right place .
today I am going to give you bit-by-bit instructions to the three best thawing techniques, some of which I have personally used, to quickly thaw frozen pork chops
Let ’ s get right into it .
Before Defrosting Pork Chops, You Need to Know This !
Before you start the process of thawing your pork barrel chops, here is some significant information you need to know:
If meat, like pork chops are not thawed PROPERLY you open up yourself to the danger zone & the emergence of harmful bacteria .
What is the Danger Zone?
The United States Department of Agriculture ( USDA ) states, that the Danger Zone is the range of temperatures 40 ° and 140 °F, where bacteria harmful food yield bacteria multiplies and grows cursorily .
These harmful bacteria, like E. coli, Salmonella, among others, are associated with food bear illnesses and poison .
This is why we stress that it is extremely important that you follow recommended thaw teaching .
Related: How to Thaw Salmon
How to Thaw Pork Chops : A look at the Best Options
When thawing pork barrel chops, you have three options to choose from .
- Overnight in the refrigerator
- Cold water bath
Each method acting has their own pros and cons .
We will take a more detailed look at each below .
Overnight in the refrigerator : The Best method acting
The recommend way to thaw fixed pork chops is to let them sit overnight in the refrigerator .
With this method acting, you can feel impregnable that it will be safely defrosted and ready to be used by the following dawn .
- Remove frozen pork chops from the freezer, a day before you plan to use it.
- Place the pork chops in a container and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
Important: Raw meat, like pork chops, should be stored on the bottom shelf so juices don’t drip onto other foods and cause cross-contamination.
- When you are ready to season or cook your pork chops, it should be fully defrosted the next morning.
- After thawing pork chops in the refrigerator, they can be safely kept in there for 3 to 5 days before cooking.
Pros: This is the safest method acting to thawing pork chops. Perfect for those who plan their meals ahead of clock time .
Cons: Slow method acting ( can take 8 to 12 hours ). not recommended for people who need their pork barrel chops defrosted quickly .
Overnight thaw is a slow method acting and not ideal for people who need the bean curd thawed quickly.
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
microwave : The Quickest choice
If you are in a rush, then the microwave is the best manner to get your pork chops thawed promptly .
- Remove the frozen pork chops from the freezer and place in a microwave-safe rate or container.
- Use the defrost or low power setting (usually 30% power) on the microwave.
- You can expect it to take 7-8 minutes per pound for the pork chops to defrost.
- If still frozen, use the microwave in 3-5 minute bursts, until fully thawed. Constantly check to ensure that the microwave has not started to cook the pork chops.
- Once thawed, cook immediately.
Pros: Great option for those who need to defrost their pork barrel chops promptly .
Cons: The pork chops can begin to cook, if not properly monitored or a high world power setting on the microwave is used .
cold Water Bath : Another Quick choice
While not the fastest method acting ( microwave wins ), the cold bath method acting is another quick choice to consider, if you are in a rush and need your pork chops thawed promptly .
- fill the kitchen sink or container with cold water from the kitchen faucet.
- Place the pork chops in the cold water bath and let it sit for around 20-30 minutes.
- Check after 20 – 30 minutes to see if your pork chops have thawed fully. If not, replace the water and refill the container/sink and let the meat sit for another 10 to 15 minutes depending on how frozen it is.
- Once fully thawed, cook immediately.
Note: The process could be sped up if the container with the pork barrel chops is placed under a faucet running cold water .
While this is a a lot quick process, we do not recommend it, plainly because you will be wasting a fortune of water system .
Pros: Quick option that can have your kernel thawed and ready to be cooked in about 30 minutes .
Cons: If left unattended for besides hanker, there is a possibility that the kernel could enter the DANGER ZONE .
Wrapping it up
That wraps it up for my guide on thawing pork barrel chops .
I want to know which method are you going to use going forward ?
Let me know in the comments .
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob