MICROWAVE OVEN USER MANUAL
model : S9N29R
Read all instructions carefully before using your microwave oven .
KEEP THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE .
Amazon Basics Logo
Reading: MICROWAVE OVEN USER MANUAL
PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY
- A) Do not attempt to operate this oven with the door open since open-door operation can result in harmful exposure to microwave energy. It is important not to defeat or tamper with the safety interlocks.
- B) Do not place any object between the oven front face and the door or allow soil or cleaner residue to accumulate on sealing surfaces.
- C) Do not operate the oven if it is damaged. It is particularly important that the oven door close properly and that there is no damage to the: (1) door (bent), (2) hinges and latches (broken or loosened), (3) door seals and sealing surfaces.
- D) The oven should not be adjusted or repaired by anyone except properly qualified service personnel.
|Rated voltage:||120V~, 60Hz|
|Rated input power (microwave):||1050W|
|Rated output power (microwave):||700W|
|Oven capacity:||0.7 ft3|
|Turntable diameter:||10 in|
|External dimensions:||17.3 in x 14.1 in x 10.1 in|
|Net weight:||21.9 pounds|
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
INSTALLATION & ALEXA SETUP
concern AND MAINTENANCE
LEGAL & COMPLIANCE
WARNING: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN FIRE, BURNS, ELECTRIC SHOCK, EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY, OTHER INJURY, OR DAMAGE .
- A) Read all instructions carefully before attempting to use the appliance.
- B) For your safety, follow the specific PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY on the inside cover.
- C) This appliance must be grounded—only connect it to a properly grounded outlet. For guidance, follow the GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS on page 3.
- D) Install this appliance in a location based on the provided installation instructions on page 5.
- E) Certain items (like whole eggs, sealed containers, and closed glass jars) may explode when heated and should never be cooked or warmed in this microwave oven.
- F) Use this appliance only for its intended use, as described in the manual. Do not heat or use corrosive chemicals or vapors to clean this appliance. This microwave oven is designed to heat, cook, or dry food and should only be used for those reasons. It is not designed for industrial or laboratory use.
- G) This device and its voice features are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Adult supervision is recommended if used by children over the age of 13.
- H) Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been damaged or dropped. Be careful using the power cord and plug. To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or harm when using the power cord, follow these instructions:
- Do not force the plug into a power outlet.
- Do not expose the plug or cord to liquids.
- The power cord could present a strangulation hazard. Keep out of reach of young children.
- I) This appliance should be serviced only by qualified service personnel. If your appliance needs service, please contact Amazon Customer Support. Contact details can be found at https://www.amazon.com/devicesupport.
- J) Do not cover or block any openings on the appliance.
- K) Do not store this appliance outdoors. Do not use this product near water—for example, near a kitchen sink, in a wet basement, near a swimming pool, or similar locations.
- L) Similarly, do not immerse the power cord or plug in water.
- M) Keep the appliance, its power cord, and plug in a well-ventilated area, away from heat sources and heated surfaces—especially when in use.
- N) Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of your table or counter.
- O) Follow the cleaning instructions on Page 11 under ‘Care and maintenance’.
- P) To reduce the risk of fire in the oven cavity:
- Do not overcook food. Carefully attend appliance when paper, plastic, or other combustible materials are placed inside the oven to facilitate cooking.
- Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic bags before placing bag in oven.
- If materials inside the oven ignite, keep oven door closed, turn oven off, and disconnect the power cord—or shut off power at the fuse or circuit breaker panel.
- Do not use the cavity for storage purposes. Do not leave paper products, cooking utensils, or food in the cavity when not in use.
- Do not leave appliance unattended during operation.
- Q) Liquids such as water, coffee, or tea can be overheated beyond the boiling point without appearing to be boiling. Although liquids may be very hot, you may not always see visible bubbling or boiling when the container is removed from the microwave oven. THIS COULD RESULT IN VERY HOT LIQUIDS SUDDENLY BOILING OVER WHEN THE CONTAINER IS DISTURBED OR A UTENSIL IS INSERTED INTO THE LIQUID.
- R) Operating the microwave with no food inside may cause damage to the oven and could start a fire.
- S) The appliance door and turntable are made of glass. This glass could break if the appliance is dropped or receives a substantial impact. If the glass breaks, chips, or cracks, stop all use of the appliance and do not permit anyone to touch or attempt to remove the damaged glass. For repairs or service, please contact Amazon Customer Support. Contact details can be found at https://www.amazon.com/devicesupport. Faulty service may void the warranty.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD—SMALL PARTS CONTAINED IN THE APPLIANCE OR box MAY PRESENT A CHOKING HAZARD TO SMALL CHILDREN. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN .
WARNING: The external surface of the microwave oven may be blistering during operation .
This appliance must be grounded. In the event of an electric short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. This appliance is equipped with a cord featuring a establish electrify and ballyhoo. The grounding fireplug must be connected to an wall socket that is by rights installed and grounded .
WARNING: Improper use of grounding can result in risk of electric shock. Consult a qualify electrician or serviceperson if you do not wholly understand these grounding instructions or if you are uncertain if the appliance is by rights grounded .
If an annex cord is necessity, use only a 3-wire extension cord that has a 3-blade establish ballyhoo, and a 3-slot receptacle that will accept the spark plug on the appliance. The mark rat of the extension cord must be adequate to or greater than the appliance ’ mho electrical rat .
ADDITIONAL WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Make sure all cookware, thermometers, and utensils used in your microwave oven are suitable for microwaving. Do not use recycled paper—it may contain metal that could ignite.
- Hot foods and steam can cause burns. Be careful when opening any containers of hot food and direct steam away from your hands and face. To prevent the buildup of pressure when heating, make sure to vent, pierce, or slit containers, pouches, or plastic bags as directed by packaging.
- Liquids and foods may heat unevenly in the microwave. Always stir heated liquids and foods carefully before serving.
- Use caution around pacemakers and similar medical devices. Personal medical devices, such as pacemakers, may be sensitive to microwave interference. If any interference is observed, consult your physician before resuming use.
Remove the microwave oven and all materials from the carton and inside the microwave. Your microwave oven comes with the following accessories :
- Glass tray
- Turntable ring assembly
- User manual
- Quick start guide
illustration shows an outdoors microwave oven with parts labeled. The microwave oven has the following parts labeled on the assailable door to the leftover. Point A refers to two safety interlock systems on the inside of the doorway. point B refers to the door assembly around target C referring to the observation window. The adjacent two points refer to parts inside the oven. D refers to the glass tray shown in mid-air. vitamin e refers to a turntable ring fabrication below in mid-air. F refers to the turntable cheat shown at the buttocks of the oven. The following two points refer to parts on the right, outside panel of the oven. G refers to the control dialog box to the properly with buttons and a timer at the top. H points to the Ask Alexa button which is at the last line of buttons in the panel. A ) Safety mesh system B ) Door assembly C ) Observation window D ) Glass tray E ) Turntable ring assembly F ) Turntable shaft G ) Control panel H ) Ask Alexa button 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 POWER LEVEL TIME DEFROST WEIGHT DEFROST POPCORN ( WEIGHT ) KITCHEN TIMER START +30 SEC. PAUSE STOP ASK ALEXA A B C D E F H G
illustration shows the parts of a turntable initiation. The parts are labeled from top to bottom as follows : Hub ‘s bottom is at the clear with a glass tray surrounding it in the form of a concentric r-2. The turntable ring forum is below followed by the turntable shaft at the bottom. Hub ( bottom ) Glass tray Turntable ring assembly Turntable beam
- A) Do not place the glass tray upside down. The tray should be able to rotate freely.
- B) Both the glass tray and turntable ring assembly must always be used while cooking.
- C) Place all food and food containers on the glass tray for cooking or heating.
- D) If the glass tray or turntable ring assembly cracks or breaks, contact Amazon Customer Support. Contact details can be found at https://www.amazon.com/devicesupport. Faulty service may void the warranty.
Remove all packing material and accessories. Examine the microwave oven for any damage, such as dents or a separate door. Do not install the microwave oven if it is damaged .
Cabinet: Remove any protective film from the microwave oven. Do not remove the light brown mica cover that is attached to the oven cavity .
- A) Select a stable and level surface that provides enough open space for the intake and/or outlet vents.
- The minimum installation height is 34 in (86 cm).
- The back of the appliance should be placed against a wall,
allowing for any necessary clearance. Leave a minimum clearance of 12 in (30 cm) above the microwave oven. A minimum clearance of 8 in (20 cm) is required between the microwave oven and any adjacent walls.
- Do not remove the legs from the bottom of the microwave oven.
- Blocking the intake and/or outlet openings may damage the microwave oven.
- Place the microwave oven as far as possible from all radios, TVs, and Echo devices as possible. Operation of this microwave oven may cause interference to radio or TV reception.
- B) Plug your microwave oven into a standard grounded household outlet. Make sure the voltage and frequency are the same as the voltage and frequency on the rating label.
- C) Place other wireless devices at least 12 in (30 cm) away from the microwave oven.
example shows a modular, ache kitchen with multiple cabinets and an Alexa Echo device. Smart, modular l-shaped kitchen. To the extreme left is an electrical socket with a wire plugged in and leading to a microwave oven on a cabinet. The altitude measurements of the cabinet read Minimum 34 inches or 86 centimeters. The clearance measurement between the microwave and the adjacent wall reads Minimum 8 inches or 10 centimeters. The distance between the microwave ‘s top and the cabinet above reads : Minimum 12 inches or 30 centimeters. There are four cabinets. The second cabinet on the leave has an electric stove. The corner has a potted plant on the cabinet top. The right side has two cabinets : the one on the impart has a sink with a tap. A window is present near the bury. The one on the proper has an Echo device placed on peak and plugged into an electrical socket. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 P OW ER LEV EL TIME DEFRO ST W E I G HT DEF R OST PO PCO R N ( WEIGHT ) K I TCHEN TIMER Echo device Min 12 in ( 30 curium ) Min 8 in ( 20 curium ) Min 34 in ( 86 curium )
WARNING: ( A ) Do not install the microwave oven over a compass cooktop or early heat producing appliance. initiation near or over a heat beginning could damage the microwave oven and void its guarantee. ( B ) Do not place the microwave oven near combustible materials or in an area where heat, moisture, or high humidity are produced. ( C ) Do not operate the microwave oven without placing the glass tray and turntable ring in their proper positions. ( D ) Make certain that the power supply cord is not damaged and that it doesn ’ t run under the microwave oven or over any hot or sharp surfaces. ( E ) The mercantile establishment must be readily accessible so that it can be easily unplugged in the case of an hand brake. ( F ) If the power cord is excessively shortstop, contact a restricted electrician or service technician to install an wall socket near the appliance. ( G ) Do not let the power cord hang over the boundary of your counter or early surface. ( H ) For best operation, plug this appliance into its own electric exit to prevent any lights from flickering, blowing a blend, or tripping the circuit breaker .
- I) A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- J) Longer cord sets or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- K) If a long cord or extension cord is used:
- The marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance;
- The extension cord must be a grounding-type 3-wire cord; and
- The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
Your microwave oven can be controlled with Alexa by using any Alexa-enabled device such as Echo or Echo Dot. To control your microwave oven using Alexa, you ’ ll need to set up your microwave and connect to Alexa. To do so :
- Download the latest version of the Alexa App from the app store.
- Plug the microwave oven into a power outlet that is grounded.
- Open the Alexa App, tap the Devices icon in the lower right. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your microwave.
illustration of a chic telephone shows a index placed on the veracious hand bottom release .
once your microwave is set up, the microwave will beep and the LED will show the Wi-Fi icon, and display the local anesthetic meter in your location .
once apparatus is arrant, you can access the microwave Settings page through the Devices incision of the Alexa App .
Note: It may take a few minutes for the LED to display the correct local anesthetic time .
The Ask Alexa push button makes Alexa control even simpler. rather of saying, “ Alexa, microwave for 1 minute, ” just press and release the Ask Alexa button and say “ 1 minute. ” The Ask Alexa push button will immediately put a pair Echo device in listening mood, just as saying “ Alexa ” would .
The Alexa control consists of three officiate keys : the Ask Alexa button in the center, Pause/Stop button to the leftover and START/+30 sec button to the right. START +30 SEC. PAUSE STOP ASK ALEXA
To set up and manage the Ask Alexa push button, go to the microwave oven ’ sulfur Settings page through the Devices segment of the Alexa App and blue-ribbon Ask Alexa .
refer to the back page of the user manual or the Things To Try poster for more examples of how the Ask Alexa button can make using Alexa even simpler .
You can use your microwave oven without setting it up for Alexa see. however, we highly recommend using your microwave oven with Alexa control to unlock its broad electric potential .
Throughout this part, the take after icons indicate :
instructions to operate the microwave oven with voice .
instructions to operate the microwave oven with part, using the Ask Alexa button .
instructions to operate the microwave oven using the computer keyboard .
denote to the bet on page of this exploiter manual for more Alexa commands .
NOTE: As a safety measurement, the microwave can only be commanded using voice within 10 minutes of the door being closed .
once your microwave oven has been set up for Alexa control, it will mechanically display the chastise time on the LED .
If you haven ’ metric ton set up your microwave oven for Alexa restraint, you can manually set the clock on the LED. To do so :
- Press and hold the five button on the microwave oven keypad for 4 seconds. The LED will display 00:00.
- Enter the desired time in 12-hour format (example, one two two four for 12:24 AM/PM).
- Press the START/+30 sec. button. The display will show the time.
- To cancel the process at any time, press the PAUSE/Stop button.
- Repeat these steps to reset the clock.
NOTE: If the microwave oven is connected to the internet, time can not be set using the keypad—the microwave will override manually set fourth dimension .
To set up a timer on your microwave oven, press the KITCHEN TIMER button, then enter the coveted time, and press START/+30 sec. to start the kitchen timekeeper .
For exemplar, press KITCHEN TIMER one five zero START/+30 securities and exchange commission. to start a kitchen timer for 1 minute and 50 seconds .
When the timekeeper is up, the microwave oven will beep 5 times .
To pause the kitchen timer at any time, press the PAUSE/Stop button once. To cancel the kitchen timer, weigh the PAUSE/Stop release twice .
NOTE: The maximum prison term potential on the kitchen timer is 99 minutes and 99 seconds .
“ Alexa, microwave for X. ”
To cook by fourth dimension, say “ Alexa, microwave for X, ” where ten is the sum of time you ’ d like to cook for .
For exemplar, to cook for 5 minutes, say “ Alexa, microwave for 5 minutes. ” Or, to cook for 2 minutes and 39 seconds, say “ Alexa, microwave for 2 minutes and 39 seconds. ”
To cook for 2 minutes, weight-lift and release the Ask Alexa push button and say “ 2 minutes. ”
To cook by time, enter the prison term on the computer keyboard and press START/+30 sec.. For model, to cook for 2 minutes and 39 seconds, press two three nine START/+30 sec..
“ Alexa, add X to the microwave. ”
When your microwave is in use, you can ask it to cook for extra time by saying, “ Alexa, add X to the microwave, ” where adam is the come of time you ’ d like to add. For exemplar, to add 2 minutes to the cook time while the microwave is already run, say “ Alexa, add 2 minutes to the microwave. ”
- To cook for less than 10 seconds, press zero then the number of seconds you’d like to cook. For example, to cook for 7 seconds, press zero seven START/+30 sec..
- By default, the microwave oven will cook at Power 10 (maximum power).
Quick cooking with keypad
There are respective ways to quick cook using your microwave oven .
To cook for increments of 1 minute ( up to 9 minutes ), press the number corresponding to the count of minutes you want to cook, then crusade START/+30 sec.. For exemplar, to cook for 3 minutes, press three START/+30 sec.. This will start the microwave oven for 3 minutes.
To cook for 30 seconds, press the START/+30 sec. button twice. This will start the microwave oven for 30 seconds. While the microwave oven is in operation, press the START/+30 secant. clitoris to add 30 seconds to the microwave timer. This can be done repeatedly .
Cook by power level
“ Alexa, microwave for adam on might Y. ”
By default, your microwave oven will cook at Power 10 ( utmost power ). To cook at a specific power, say “ Alexa, microwave for adam on might Y, ” where x is the sum of clock time you ’ d like to cook for and Y is the power level .
For example, to cook at power 5 for 3 minutes, say “ Alexa, microwave for 3 minutes on power 5. ”
You can besides ask your microwave oven to cook at high, medium, or first gear exponent. For exercise, to cook on medium exponent for 5 minutes, say “ Alexa, microwave for 5 minutes on average. ”
To cook for 5 minutes on medium ability, crush and release the Ask Alexa button and say “ 5 minutes on medium. ”
To cook by power level, use the trace sequence :
- Press POWER LEVEL
- Enter the power level (0 – 10)
- Press START/+30 sec.
- Enter the time
- Press START/+30 sec.
For exemplar, to cook at exponent 6 for 2 minutes and 30 seconds :
POWER LEVEL six START/+30 sec. two three zero START/+30 second .
power Levels for your microwave oven are as follows :
|LED Display||5 bars||5 bars||4 bars||4 bars||3 bars||3 bars||2 bars||2 bars||1 bar||1 bar||0 bars|
“ Alexa, defrost for X. ”
To defrost food for a specific measure time, say “ Alexa, defrost for X, ” where x is the sum of time you ’ d like to cook for .
For example, to defrost for 10 minutes and 30 seconds, say “ Alexa, defrost for 10 minutes and 30 seconds. ” Your microwave oven will start defrosting for 10 minutes and 30 seconds .
To defrost for 10 minutes, imperativeness and release the Ask Alexa button and say “ defrost for 10 minutes. ”
To defrost food for a specific measure prison term, press the TIME DEFROST button. The LED will begin flashing. then enter the time and compress START/+30 sec..
For model, to defrost for 10 minutes and 30 seconds, press TIME DEFROST one zero three zero START/+30 sec.. Your microwave oven will start defrosting for 10 minutes and 30 seconds .
Defrost by weight
“ Alexa, defrost X ( pounds, ounces, or grams ). ”
To defrost a specific measure of food, say “ Alexa, defrost X pounds. ” alternatively, you can specify ounces or grams .
For model, to defrost 1 syrian pound of food, say “ Alexa, defrost 1 pound. ” Your microwave oven will run using the appropriate time and power specify .
To defrost 12 ounces of food, press and release the Ask Alexa button and say “ defrost 12 ounces. ”
To defrost a specific quantity of food, weight-lift the WEIGHT DEFROST release. The LED will begin flashing and the Oz picture on the LED will light up. then enter the weight in ounces and weigh START/+30 sec..
For example, to defrost 12 ounces of food, press WEIGHT DEFROST one two START/+30 sec.. Your microwave oven will run for the appropriate amount of time using the chastise might setting .
NOTE: The minimum measure for defrost is 4 ounces and maximum is 70 ounces .
“ Alexa, reheat 1 cup of coffee. ”
Your microwave oven supports many presets through part including popcorn, potato, ( reheat ) chocolate, and others. For example, to cook 1 potato ( weight : ~8 ounces ), you can say “ Alexa, microwave 1 potato. ”
To see the latest list of Alexa utterances for all supported preset functions, visit hypertext transfer protocol : //www.amazon.com/cookpresets or scan the barcode .
“ Alexa, microwave 1.5 ounces of popcorn. ”
To microwave popcorn, say “ Alexa, microwave X ounces of popcorn. ” Your microwave oven will determine the fourth dimension to cook your popcorn appropriately .
For exemplar, to microwave oven 2.2 ounces of popcorn, say “ Alexa, microwave 2.2 ounces of popcorn. ”
To microwave popcorn, press the POPCORN ( WEIGHT ). The LED will begin flashing and the Oz icon on the LED will light up. then enter the weight in ounces and wardrobe START/+30 sec..
For case, to microwave 2.75 ounces of popcorn, wardrobe POPCORN ( WEIGHT ) two seven five START/+30 sec..
- Do not microwave more than 3 ounces of popcorn. Popcorn bags larger than 3 ounces may get burned by hitting the inner cavity of the microwave oven.
- Your microwave oven will remember the last quantity of popcorn you microwaved using the keypad.
Child Lock will prevent the function of the microwave oven using either computer keyboard or voice .
To turn ON Child Lock :
- Press and hold the PAUSE/Stop button for 4 seconds.
- The microwave oven will beep once.
- Press and hold the zero button for 2 seconds.
- The microwave oven will beep twice and the Key icon will light up in the LED.
To turn OFF Child Lock :
- Press and hold the PAUSE/Stop button for 4 seconds.
- The microwave oven will beep once.
- Press and hold the zero button for 2 seconds.
- The microwave oven will beep twice and the Key icon will turn off in the LED.
NOTE: Child Lock will remain active even if the microwave oven is unplug and plugged back in .
Make surely to unplug your microwave oven before cleanse .
- A) Clean the inside of the microwave oven after use with a slightly damp cloth.
- B) Remove the glass tray and the turntable shaft from inside the microwave oven and clean them in warm, soapy water.
- C) Carefully clean the doorframe, seal, and neighboring parts with a damp cloth.
- D) Do not use abrasive cleaners or sharp metal scrapers to clean the microwave oven door—they may scratch or shatter the glass.
- E) Clean the outside surfaces of the microwave oven with a damp cloth, making sure that water does not seep into the vents.
Check that all cooking utensil, thermometers, and utensils used in your microwave oven are desirable for microwaving. Do not use recycle paper—it may contain traces of metallic element and could ignite when heated .
Resetting the microwave oven
Resetting your microwave oven will delete all data from the device, revoke all entree to Alexa services, and disconnect the microwave oven from the internet. once reset, the microwave oven will be de-registered from your Amazon explanation .
To reset the microwave oven, weight-lift and hold the seven and nine buttons on the microwave oven keypad simultaneously for 4 seconds. once reset, the LED will display 00:00 .
Microwave ovens can play an significant character at mealtime, but special caution must be taken when cooking or reheating meat, domestic fowl, fish, and eggs to make indisputable they are train safely. Microwave ovens can cook unevenly and leave “ cold spots, ” where harmful bacteria can survive. For this rationality, it is important to use the follow safe microwaving tips to prevent foodborne illness .
Microwave oven cooking
- Arrange food items evenly in a covered dish and add some liquid if needed. Cover the dish with a lid or plastic wrap; loosen or vent the lid or wrap to let steam escape. The moist heat that is created will help destroy harmful bacteria and ensure uniform cooking. Cooking bags also provide safe, even cooking.
- Do not cook large cuts of meat on high power (100%). Large cuts of meat should be cooked on medium power (50%) for longer periods. This allows heat to reach the center without overcooking outer areas.
- To ensure food is cooked more evenly, stir or rotate food midway through the microwave time to eliminate cold spots where harmful bacteria can survive.
- When partially cooking food in the microwave oven to finish cooking on the grill or in a conventional oven, it is important to transfer the microwaved food to the other heat source immediately. Never partially cook food and store it for later use.
- Use a food thermometer to verify the food has reached a safe minimum internal temperature. Cooking times may vary because ovens vary in power and efficiency. Always allow standing time, which completes the cooking, before checking the internal temperature with a food thermometer.
Cook foods to the following safe minimum home temperatures :
- Cook all raw beef, pork, lamb and veal steaks, chops, and roasts to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. For reasons of personal preference, consumers may choose to cook meat to higher temperatures.
- Cook all raw ground beef, pork, lamb, and veal to an internal temperature of 160°F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Cook all poultry to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165°F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Microwaving stuffed, whole poultry is not recommended. The stuffing might not reach the temperature needed to destroy harmful bacteria. Cook stuffing separately to 165°F.
- Cook egg dishes and casseroles to 160°F.
- Reheat leftovers to 165°F.
- Remove food from packaging before defrosting. Do not use foam trays and plastic wraps because they may not be heat stable at high temperatures. Melting or warping may cause harmful chemicals to migrate into food.
- Cook meat, poultry, egg casseroles, and fish immediately after defrosting in the microwave oven because some areas of the frozen food may begin to cook during the defrosting time. Do not hold partially cooked food to use later.
- Cover foods with a lid or a microwave-safe plastic wrap to hold in moisture and provide safe, even heating.
- Heat ready-to-eat foods such as hot dogs, luncheon meats, fully cooked ham, and leftovers until steaming hot.
- After reheating foods in the microwave oven, allow standing time. Then, use a clean food thermometer to check that food has reached 165°F.
Containers and wraps
- Only use cookware that is specially manufactured for use in the microwave oven. Glass, ceramic containers, and all plastics should be labeled for microwave oven use.
- Plastic storage containers such as margarine tubs, take-out containers, whipped topping bowls, and other one-time use containers should not be used in microwave ovens. These containers can warp or melt, possibly causing harmful chemicals to migrate into the food.
- Microwave plastic wraps, wax paper, cooking bags, parchment paper, and white microwave-safe paper towels should be safe to use. Do not let plastic wrap touch foods during microwaving.
- Never use thin plastic storage bags, brown paper or plastic grocery bags, newspapers, or aluminum foil in the microwave oven.
For updated or additional information about safe food handling and cooking, visit www.foodsafety.gov.
|Microwave oven interference||Radio and TV may experience interference when the microwave oven is operating. This is normal and similar to the interference you many notice from small electrical appliances like mixers, vacuum cleaners, and electric fans. Refer to the FCC Statements section for actions to reduce interference.|
|Hot air coming out of the vents or steam on the door||While cooking/reheating, food may steam. Most of it will dissipate from the vents, but some may accumulate on a cool surface such as the microwave door. This is normal.|
|Microwave won’t start||A) The power cord is not plugged in tightly||Unplug the cord, then plug it back in again after waiting 10 seconds.|
|B) A fuse has blown or the circuit breaker has tripped||Replace the fuse or reset the circuit breaker (microwave repair should only be done by professionals).|
|C) Trouble with the outlet||Test the outlet with other electrical appliances or call an authorized serviceperson for repair.|
|Microwave does not heat||The microwave door is not closed properly||Close the door properly.|
|Glass turntable makes noise when the microwave is operating||The roller rest and/or bottom of the microwave may be dirty||Clean your microwave according to the provided cleaning instructions.|
|Voice functionality is not working||A) Alexa control has not been setup||Refer to page 6 for instructions to setup Alexa control.|
|B) Child lock is enabled||Disable child lock by following the instructions on page 11.|
|C) Wi-Fi is not working||Check that your router is working or contact your internet service provider.|
|D) Wi-Fi password has changed||Reset the device and set it up again.|
|E) Wi-Fi access point or router has changed||Reset the device and set it up again.|
|The microwave oven LED clock does not display the correct time zone after Alexa setup||If the microwave oven does not display the correct time zone after setting it up for Alexa control, go to the microwave oven Settings page in the Alexa App to set the desired time zone for the microwave oven clock.|
COMPLIANCE MARKINGS ON DEVICE
certificate and other device submission markings are located on the housing of the microwave .
This appliance generates and uses radio receiver frequencies applicable to industrial, scientific and medical equipment ( ISM ) under the rules of the Federal Communications Commission ( FCC ). If this appliance is not installed or used properly, and strictly in accord with the manufacturer ’ mho instructions, it may cause noise to radio and television reception. This appliance complies with Part 18 of FCC rules .
The appliance and its punch comply with character 15 of the FCC rules. process of each of these is capable to the following two conditions : ( 1 ) it may not cause harmful interference and ( 2 ) it must accept any intervention received, including interference that may cause undesired operation .
Note: This appliance and its plug have been tested and found to comply with the limits for a class B digital device or external switching baron provide, pursuant to region 15 of the FCC rules .
The requirements of Part 15 and Part 18 of the FCC rules are designed to provide fair protection against harmful intervention in a residential initiation. The appliance and its chew generate, practice and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accord with the instructions, may cause harmful noise to radio communications. There is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a detail installation. If this equipment does cause harmful hindrance to radio or television receiver reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off, the user is encouraged to try to correct the noise by one or more of the keep up measures :
- A) Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna of the radio or television.
- B) Increase the separation between the appliance, its plug, and the receiver of the radio or television.
- C) Connect the equipment/plug into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver of the radio or television is connected.
- D) Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications to a product by the user that are not expressly approved by the party responsible for conformity could make the intersection no longer comply with the FCC Rules .
Information regarding exposure to radio frequency energy
The end product ability of the radio engineering used in the appliance and its hack is below the radio frequency exposure limits set by the FCC. This appliance and its plug should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 curium between the radiator and your body .
The appliance and the cord meet the FCC Radio Frequency Emission Guidelines and are certified with the FCC. information on these products is on file with the FCC and can be found by inputting such merchandise ’ second FCC ID ( which can be found on the regulative label of the appliance ) into the FCC ID Search class available at transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid .
Please follow all applicable e-waste laws for the administration of your microwave oven .
This device is covered by a 1-year Limited Warranty. Details are available in the Alexa App in Help & Feedback > Legal & Compliance and at www.amazon.com/devicesupport .
AMAZON TERMS & POLICIES
Your microwave oven works with Amazon Alexa .
By using your microwave oven, you agree to Amazon ’ mho Conditions of Use, available at www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse, and all the terms located at www.amazon.com/devicesupport or found in the Alexa App in Help & Feedback > Legal & Compliance. You can find Amazon ’ s Privacy Notice in the Help segment of the Alexa App or at www.amazon.com/privacy.
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob
Servicing your appliance
If your appliance needs service, please contact Amazon Customer Support. Contact details can be found at www.amazon.com/devicesupport. Faulty service may void the guarantee .
Information for service personnel
An electronic copy of the Service Manual for this appliance is available at www.amazon.com/devicesupport. A intemperate imitate of the Service Manual can besides be obtained by contacting Amazon Customer Support. Contact details can be found at www.amazon.com/devicesupport .
ALEXA: THINGS TO TRY
|To do this||With Alexa, say||Or press and release the Ask Alexa button and say|
|Microwave for 1 minute||Alexa, microwave for 1 minute||1 minute|
|Microwave for 4 minutes and 39 seconds||Alexa, microwave for 4 minutes and 39 seconds||4 minutes and 39 seconds|
|Microwave for 3 minutes on medium power||Alexa, microwave for 3 minutes on medium||3 minutes on medium|
|Microwave for 10 minutes on power 8||Alexa, microwave for 10 minutes on power 8||10 minutes on power 8|
|Defrost for 11 minutes||Alexa, defrost for 11 minutes||Defrost for 11 minutes|
|Reheat for 5 minutes||Alexa, reheat for 5 minutes||Reheat for 5 minutes|
|Reheat 1 cup of coffee||Alexa, reheat 1 cup of coffee||Reheat 1 cup of coffee|
|Microwave 3 ounces of popcorn||Alexa, microwave 3 ounces of popcorn||3 ounces of popcorn|
©2018 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Amazon, Alexa, Echo and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.con, Inc. or its affiliates .