When you roast garlic your theater will smell intoxicate and it will drive you nuts in the best way possible. In the oven, the garlic transforms, turning from shrill and hot to creamy, soft, and mellowly. It spreads like butter and is the best thing in the entire worldly concern .
Are you a garlic lover ? Do you put 12 cloves of garlic in a recipe when it calls for 2 ? Do you sweat garlic butter ? If therefore, I know you know the charming of roasted garlic. But do you know all the different ways to make ridicule garlic ? I am here to guide you through the world of roast garlic. Depending on prison term, facilitate, peeled cloves, wholly heads, anoint usage, appliance, and delectability. I have complied ALL the ways to roast garlic angstrom well as dreamed up a list of how you can enjoy it .
Reading: Roasted Garlic · i am a food blog
Roasted garlic is AMAZING. It ’ second nothing new but I feel like it ’ s been getting a revival recently because of all the roasted garlic subject on Tiktok. If you ’ re into # foodtok at all, you ’ ve seen # garlictok with it ’ mho roasted garlic snacks, roasted garlic soups, roasted garlic bread, roasted garlic pastas, basically roasted garlic everything. It ’ sulfur garlic goals and I am here for it .
Why roast garlic?
Roasting garlic softens its hot raw heat into a pantry, earthy, easy, and spreadable eat-the-whole-clove delectability. Like all things cooked low and dense, heat transforms garlic into something charming. It adds depth and season to savory dishes and is delicious precisely as is. Plus, garlic is good for you, from a health position and a self care position. even if you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate like garlic things, I ’ megabyte convinced that you ’ ll love sweet, caramelized roasted garlic .
How to roast garlic
There are then many ways to roast garlic. You can do it in the carbon black toilet, Instant Pot, microwave, air fryer, on the stove, or in the oven. If you ’ ra anything like the youths, you ’ ll love squish roasted garlic out of the skins. If you ’ re into buying peeled cloves, I ’ ve got you excessively .
The most popular and classical way to roast garlic is to roast whole, unpeeled heads of garlic in the oven. here ’ s how to do it :
Oven roasted garlic
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel off the loose, papery outer layers on the outside of as many heads of garlic as desired, leaving the head intact.
- Cut 1/4 to 1/3 inch off the tops of the heads leaving the head intact. Place the head on a small piece of foil, large enough to wrap up and around.
- Drizzle olive oil all over, especially into the exposed cuts. Wrap the foil up and around the garlic.
- Place the garlic on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minute to 1 and half hours depending on how caramelized you want it. The longer it roasts, the more brown, sweet and caramelized it becomes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until you can safely touch it, then squeeze the cloves out from the bottom of the head.
Oven roasted garlic confit
Garlic confit is precisely the same as ridicule garlic, except, if you don ’ triiodothyronine want to squish garlic cloves out of their skins, this is for you. Roasting unharmed, PEELED cloves of garlic in petroleum turns the cloves into voiced, spreadable, caramelize fortunate delectability .
To make garlic confit :
- Heat the oven to 200°F.
- Place peeled garlic cloves in an oven proof dish and cover with olive oil.
- Confit (bake) for 3 hours or until the cloves are soft and spreadable.
- Scoop the cloves out of the oil and enjoy.
Keep any extra cloves in the electric refrigerator, covered in oil, in an airtight container .
Air fryer roasted garlic
Prep the garlic, drizzle with oil, wrap in foil, then air fry at 400°F for 18-20 minutes. Let cool then squeeze out the cloves .
Slow cooker roasted garlic
- Prep the garlic, drizzle with oil, wrap in foil, then place into the insert of the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low until the garlic is soft and caramelized, 4-5 hours.
- Let cool slightly, then squeeze the cloves out and enjoy!
Instant Pot roasted garlic
- Prep the garlic, drizzle with oil and place on the trivet in the Instant Pot insert.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let natural release 10 minutes then release the pressure.
- Let cool slightly and squeeze out the cloves and enjoy.
Microwave roasted garlic
technically you ’ re not roasting garlic here, you ’ re steaming it, but who cares about technicalities ? Microwave garlic is soft and smushable and tastes about a good as slow roasting in the oven. Plus it ’ mho done in a fraction of the time .
- Prep the garlic, place in a microwave safe dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add 2 tbsp water and cover the dish with a microwave safe lid.
- Microwave at 50% power until garlic is soft and squishable, 8-9 minutes.
- Let cool then squeeze out the cloves.
Can you roast garlic without oil?
Yes, but it won ’ t end up as fortunate brown university and caramelized. It hush tastes perplex though and if you ’ re trying to cut out oil it decidedly works .
Can you roast garlic without foil?
Yes, you can merely use parchment newspaper !
How to remove roasted garlic cloves
There are two ways you can easily remove roasted garlic :
- Squeeze – Do like the kids do and squeeze out the garlic from the base of the head, using your fingers to squeeze the caramelized cloves out of their skins
- Use a knife – Use the tip of a small knife to gently flick each clove out, intact.
How to store
It ’ south best to enjoy right aside or freeze for future use. To freeze it, squeeze the garlic from the skins, topographic point in an air close container and freeze until cook to use. To use from flash-frozen, thaw and function as directed in your recipe .
If you ’ re using the garlic the adjacent day, you can just place it in the electric refrigerator in an vent mean container. Any longer that 2-3 days, and you ’ ll need cover it entirely with oil so it ’ s completely submerged in an airtight container .
20 ways to use roasted garlic
happy roasted garlic-ing !
Roasted garlic is earthy, sweet, caramelized, soft, creamy, and delicious. It will drive you nuts in the best way possible.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Heat the oven to 400°F. Peel off the loose, papery outer layers on the outside of as many heads of garlic as desired, leaving the head intact.
Cut 1/4 to 1/3 inch off the tops of the heads leaving the head intact. Place the head on a small piece of foil, large enough to wrap up and around. Drizzle olive oil all over, especially into the exposed cuts.
Wrap the foil up and around the garlic. Place the garlic on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minute to 1 and half hours depending on how caramelized you want it. The longer it roasts, the more brown, sweet and caramelized it becomes.
Remove from the oven and let cool until you can safely touch it, then squeeze the cloves out from the bottom of the head. Enjoy any way you like!
Estimated nutrition is for 1 whole head per person, because who would eat less than that?
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .