How do I add items to my shopping cart?
once you have selected the detail ( s ) that you want to add to your shopping handcart, merely select the measure you wish to order and then hit the Add To Cart push button to add the choose detail to your shopping handcart. At this point, you can continue shopping or check out .
How do I delete an item from my shopping cart?
Delete unwanted items from your shopping haul by clicking on the “ ten ” clitoris located on the right slope of the item in your shop cart .
I can’t add items to my shopping cart.
What do I do if I forgot my password and can not log on to the site?
All passwords are case medium. Please rehear entering your password.
If you forget your password, suction stop on the “ Forgot Password ” connect. Once you type in your electronic mail address at the prompt new login key will be sent to you. Click the connect in the e-mail to sign in, and then change your password .
If you however can not log on to the site, let us know by emailing us at customerservice @ marylandbluecrabexpress.com and we will reset your password for you .
( Return to Top )
How do I track my order and check its status?
Our locate features live on-line order tracking. When you place an order, you will receive an electronic mail arrange confirmation which will contain a connection so you can check on the condition of your ordain. You can besides go to the My Account section of our web site and use your order number to check the status of your order.
If you have any questions regarding trailing, please email us with your order number at customerservice @ marylandbluecrabexpress.com or call us Tollfree at (866) 532-CRAB (2722) .
How soon will my order be shipped?
We pride ourselves on prompt and accurate transportation of all orders. Depending on your selected pitch go steady, orders received by 3PM eastern time Tuesday through Friday are shipped the same day. weekend orders and orders placed on Friday after 3PM will be shipped on Monday .
When can I expect my order?
All perishable orders are shipped nightlong. Delivery date will be selected by you when you place the order.
Next Day/Expedited Delivery
Fed Ex Next Day pitch by 10:30 AM – 12:00 promethium is available for an extra blame. At final examination checkout, you can select this embark option and the cost will be mechanically calculated for you. Please note that delivery times for Fed Ex Next Day delivery by 10:30 am -12:00 prime minister consult to business days only and excludes weekends and holidays .
( Return to Top )
How can I contact you directly?
Contact us by phone or e-mail.
Hours: Monday through Friday 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM.
To Place an Order
By call : Call us Toll free at (866) 532-CRAB (2722) if you are calling from the U.S. or Canada.
We are hera to help ! If you ’ ve already placed an order and have questions about it, require aid from our Customer Care staff email us at customerservice @ marylandbluecrabexpress.com.
By earphone : Call Customer Service Toll free at (866) 532-CRAB (2722) .
What do I do if there is a problem with my order?
If you have an issue, we want to make it right ! Please email us at customerservice @ marylandbluecrabexpress.com with a description of your specific interview or issue. We typically answer all emails within 24 hours or call us Toll free at (866) 532-CRAB (2722) and we will be felicitous to assist you .
What is your return policy?
Due to the nature of our business and the products, we offer, items purchased through the marylandbluecrabexpress.com website cannot be returned. Maryland Blue Crab Express strives to ship the absolute freshest seafood available anywhere. every detail we sell is carefully inspected before it is packaged and shipped. When your ordain leaves our adeptness, it is packed with more than enough refrigerant to prevent spoil. If our seafood arrives damaged, please contact us immediately. If your order is spoiled or damaged due to negligence by Maryland Blue Crab Express, we will replace it free-of-charge. All concerns must be received within 48 hours of delivery.
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
If you receive an orderliness that you suspect is spoiled, contact us immediately and please do not discard of any suspect spoilage or damaged products until a congressman from Maryland Blue Crab Express is contacted. We may request that you return them to us for inspection .
Since Maryland Blue Crab Express offers about all perishable products, shipping ALL our seafood in the freshest stipulate takes thought and careful planning. We ‘ve come up with our own bracing gelatin battalion system that keeps perishables cool in transit for up to 48 hours. We take manage to arrange your seafood in specialize boxes designed to keep your order in the freshest possible condition upon arrival. We are dedicated to providing you with the freshest hard shell crabs and seafood on the network, consequently, if you have any questions about our Return and Refund Policy, please feel rid to call us Toll rid at (866) 532-CRAB (2722) .
Since crab is depended on conditions beyond our control Maryland Blue Crab Express reserves the justly to pack and equivalent dollar sum of crab to fulfill orders .
When will I receive an email confirmation of my order?
You will receive an electronic mail ratification within a few minutes of placing your ordering on our web site .
( Return to Top )
How do I reheat my Maryland Blue Crabs?
The best method to reheat a aristocratic cancer is to microwave 6 to 8 crabs for a moment to a moment and a half on you eminent setting. This method acting gives the crab a merely steamed taste without drying the crab out. If you put the crab in a soft-shell clam or oven, you run the hazard of drying the crab out .
How do I steam live Maryland Blue Crabs?
Take your alive crab and place them in a slush ice rink bath to stun them. This will prevent them from ripping their claws and legs off while steaming. After 5 to 10 minutes in ice bath plaza crab in a steam toilet. Make certain the crab are not in the water but on a platform above the water. Throw the crab seasoning on the crab and put lid on the crab. Light your ardor under the steam toilet. Once the water starts boiling and giving of a good sum of steam start your timer. Below is the commend times for unlike quantities of gripe .
How do I eat Blue Crabs?
Take your steamed blue crab whose blast nowadays has an orange color and flip it so it is belly up. Find what is known as the check or flap on the belly of the cancer. The pill on a male crab looks like the ‘Washington memorial ‘ and the dither on a female is wide and looks like the ‘top of the U.S. Capital ‘ .
- Pry this check or flap up with the point of a knife then tear it off and discard it .
- Using your thumbs separate the top and penetrate of the plate. The bottom part contains the entire body of the gripe which will be picked in the succeed steps. The acme half of the shell will contain nothing except a modest amount of scandalmongering means which believe it or not is comestible and referred to by many as the mustard or the tomalley .
- next remove the lungs with are sometimes called the devils fingers. Remove them by pinching them between your hitchhike and the side of your knife using a scraping pull motion. Remove and discard the lungs from the left and right side of the crab. Do not eat the lungs of the blue crab .
- Grip the crab so that you have one side of the crab in each hand bend each side down or up until it is broken into two halves besides called clusters .
- now that you have two clusters with each consisting of a claw, three legs, and a back fin you are very conclusion to finally picking the much anticipated meat. First locate the back fin which is the little float fin located opposite the claw on either on of you two clusters. Using your thumb and index finger squeeze the back louver lightly equitable above the joint to the at heart of the body then gently pull with a very easy twisting motion removing the most craved meat on the crab that should still be connected to the back fin which still may have a short morsel of the thin whiten shell still surrounding the meat that can be easily removed revealing the white downy meat .
- nowadays take the remaining part of the cluster which is immediately minus the back fin and squeeze the inner function of the cancer shell not crushing it rather fair cracking it enough to allow the meat to separate from the plate enough to slide out in the adjacent measure. This cracking the cancer in a skill that takes practice over meter do to the fact that every gripe shell is of different hardness depending on the crab louse individual stagecoach in the shed process .
- once the torso of the cancer has been cracked and squeezed you can now take your tongue and between the squeezed parts cut down the centers of each bank equitable down to where the legs fasten to the body. now since we did not remove the leg even but did however loosen up the innards besides known as the kernel of the gripe by squeezing and made a short slit with the tongue we will pull the legs out gently and if lucky all the meat will be hanging from the base of the leg. If you are not then lucky just pick the kernel out with the point of your knife. even with practice the meat will not always come out perfectly attached to the leg .
- After getting the biggest easiest pieces out of the body as in Step 7 use the point of your knife and fingers to separate the rest of the thin white shell cavities that makes up the inside of the crab. This is the most prison term consume and unrewarding contribution of your picking experience in that the pieces of kernel get smaller and are more difficult to remove however there is enough of kernel remaining to be worth your while .
- ultimately eating the much awaited claw kernel. To get to the claw kernel you hold true with the joint extended bending it back opposite to the manner the joint naturally bends then with a mallet of the handle of a tongue strike the center of the claw. This requires the most skill and practice to master because you want to entirely crack the shell 1/4 of the way threw barely adequate to remove the husk from the large downy kernel without pulverizing the shell into the kernel. Once the large downy chunk of kernel is revealed pinch the cartilage at widest side of the kernel careful not to bit off the cartilage while pulling it out leaving the piece of claw kernel in your mouth.
- last the remaining six legs of the Maryland blue have very little kernel and are frequently discarded while there are early people who will ask for any branch that may have broken off in the potentiometer during steaming so they can savor each little morsel, if this is you then plainly focus on the thickest region of the leg between the joint that was fastened to the body and the following knuckle moving toward the tip of the leg, snap and remove that knuckle and little remaining segments and in your hand will be the remaining largest segment of the leg. Snap the articulation side that would have connected to the body and slide come out of the closet tapered splinter of kernel and consume .
soon you will be eating The sugarcoat of the Chesapeake like a pro. Remember drill makes arrant !
( Return to Top )