Pizza steel with sliced breakfast pizza and pizza wheel
credit : Allrecipes
How to Reheat Pizza In the Oven
The key to reheating pizza in the oven ? Use a bake sheet that ‘s already hot. The hot airfoil will instantly zap all that extra moisture from the crust, leaving you with a deliciously sog-free finish product.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Set the oven to 375 degrees. Place the baking sheet in the oven while it preheats.
- When preheating is complete, place the cold pizza slices on the hot baking sheet and return it to the oven. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the pizza cool for a few minutes before eating.
Tip : You can besides follow these steps using a toaster oven. The pizza will cook more quickly in a toaster oven, though, thus keep a close eye on your piece .
How to Reheat Pizza In a Pan
While the above oven method is easy and works extremely well, the best option for reheating pizza is actually on the stave. This technique ensures a crisp crust, gooey tall mallow, and pizza that tastes barely like it did the night before.
Read more: How long is pizza good for in the fridge?
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Don’t add oil – the oil from the pizza will be enough to crisp the crust.
- Place a pizza slice in the pan. Let it cook for about two minutes or until the crust is nice and crisp.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water in the pan, avoiding the slice itself. Cover the pan and allow the pizza to continue cooking for a few more minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cool, and enjoy your perfect slice.
How to Reheat Pizza In An Air Fryer
If you have an air fryer, you ‘re in luck ! The countertop appliance ensures a crisp crust that is n’t dry. Plus, it ‘s a quick and easy choice that does n’t require heating up the oven .
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place one or two slices of pizza in the basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 3-5 minutes, or until pizza is entirely heated through.
How to Reheat Pizza In the Microwave
Listen : The microwave might not be the best option for reheating leftover pizza, but sometimes it ‘s your only option. Use a countenance of water to keep the crust crisp, while returning moisture to the cheese .
- Place a pizza slice on a microwavable plate.
- Fill a mug with water.
- Place the plate and the mug side-by-side in the microwave.
- Microwave in 30-second increments until the slice is heated through. Allow the pizza to cool to a reasonable temperature before digging in.
How Long Does Leftover Pizza Last?
Buffalo Chicken Pizza sliced sitting on top of parchment paper
credit : Allrecipes Magazine Refrigerated leftover pizza will last for about four days. however, if you unintentionally let your pizza sit at room temperature for two hours or more, it ‘s insecure to eat and should be thrown out ASAP.
Related : 9 Ways to Reheat Leftovers to Perfection
How to Store Leftover Pizza
You could equitable stick the cardboard box on the electric refrigerator and call it a day. however, this method acting is not airtight ( so the pizza will spoil more promptly ) and it may cause your whole electric refrigerator to smell like a pizza parlor. here ‘s how to make the most of your leftover slices :
- Let the pizza cool completely. If you seal it up while it’s still hot, you’ll trap moisture and speed up the spoiling process.
- Stack the slices in a resealable storage bag or airtight container. If the pizza is particularly greasy or saucy, you might want to layer the slices with paper towels or sheets of parchment paper.
- Seal the bag or container, place it in the refrigerator, and store the pizza for about four days.