How to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Microwave
Turkey bacon cooked in the microwave is crispy and tasty. It will not contain as much fat as fried bacon, so in fact it is more useful. You can enjoy crispy turkey bacon with eggs.
Microwave method of cooking turkey bacon
- Hang the turkey bacon slices over the edge of the bowl. Put as many pieces of turkey bacon as you want around the edge of the bowl. If you do not want the turkey bacon to stick together, leave gaps between the pieces; otherwise don’t worry about it.
- Boil the turkey bacon. Put a bowl filled with turkey bacon in the microwave. Cook the turkey bacon at the highest level for about 90 seconds per slice. If you cook a full pound of bacon, it can take up to 15 minutes.
- To avoid splashing the microwave with grease, you can lightly cover the turkey bacon with a few paper towels.
- Turn the microwave on for 10 minutes. This will ensure even cooking of the turkey bacon. Or, if you don’t like your turkey bacon bread, take it out now. Be careful! The plate was hot, and hot oil was dripping on it.
- Keep checking for clarity to see if you like it.
- Remove the turkey bacon from the microwave. You may need to use an oven glove as the bowl and stove will be hot. Carefully take it out of the microwave and place it on a heat-hazardous surface. Use tongs to remove the pieces of bacon from the bowl and place them evenly on a paper towel.
- If you let the turkey bacon slices cool in a bowl, they will form a “U” shape for serving.
- Be very careful not to spill the turkey bacon fat when removing the stove from the microwave.
Save turkey bacon fat
If you want, you can save the turkey bacon fatten for cook. Either pour the oil into a memory container directly from the plate, or place it in the refrigerator ( as shown here ) and let it harden, aplomb, and scrape. This makes fried egg very tasty !
- Dispose of the turkey bacon fat if you do not want to use it for cooking.
- Be very careful with the bowl and plate as they are very hot.
Questions and Answers
How to clean the microwave if it is splashed with grease?
Whenever your microwave needs cleaning, mix some dish soap and warm urine. Just use the dishes to clean the microwave and the early to dry .
What if you don’t have paper towels or napkins?
If you have a brown paper pocket with groceries, you can tear off a slice of it and put your turkey bacon on it for the microwave.
What if you don’t have paper towels?
Use paper napkins for lunch .
Can you use greaseproof paper when cooking turkey bacon in the microwave?
You can do it all the time. But besides put a few sheets of newspaper towels under the joker bacon and one on top. It leaves absolutely no cleaning !
Can you use the newspaper?
No, newspaper ink is not safe to eat.
How long does it take to cook turkey bacon in the microwave?
normal – 30-60 seconds per slice, depending on how well you want it. Microwave office levels vary, therefore test your assemble to get the results you want .
Advices and tips to cook turkey bacon in the microwave
- For real cooking “without cleaning”, follow the “paper towel” method, but instead of using glassware, use one or two paper plates instead (* paper *, not foam or plastic, it will melt) – to really support things in cleanliness, place an inverted paper plate over paper towels, creating a “shell” over the turkey bacon. When finished, remove the turkey bacon and discard the rest – just be careful, because the fat will still be very hot.
- Check your turkey bacon several times to make sure it is cooked properly.
- If you have turkey bacon in your microwave, use it.
- Carefully watch the turkey bacon as it cooks. It heats up quickly, and you may have to stop the microwave before time runs out.
- Make sure that the bowl you are using can withstand hot temperatures, otherwise it will break.
- If left for too long, the turkey bacon will become too crispy, but it is still delicious.
- To make the turkey bacon more crispy, cook for the initial period (usually 3 minutes) and then let it stand for a few minutes to allow the fat to cool briefly. Then cook again for a minute or as long as you like / preferably – giving it a minute to “rest”, it does not cook too quickly, and some of the fat is absorbed into the paper towels between cooking options.
- You can open the microwave to check your turkey bacon without worrying about “releasing heat”. When the microwave oven is switched on, it heats up instantly.
- If you find turkey bacon too chewy, you haven’t cooked it long enough.
These methods can be used for baking turkey bacon and pork bacon too.
- Use oven mitts to finish the hob.
- Use common sense when eating hot food.
Things you need to cook turkey bacon in the microwave
- Microwave safe dish (or bowl)
- Paper towels
- Turkey bacon
You can find more recipes how to cook turkey baconon our web site .