Learn how to make pizza without cheese with this yummy vegan recipe! Plus, scroll down to find more cheese-free Italian recipes.
You must be logged in to add a individual note. Login | Register
Reading: Cheeseless Pizza
ONLY YOU see your secret notes .
Cheeseless Pizza Recipe
This image courtesy of Mark T. Shapiro
Editor’s Note: While pizza purists might be aghast at the mind of a pizza without cheese, you ‘ll be pleasantly surprised by this tasty vegan pizza recipe. Skipping the traditional cheese level allows the veggies and other flavors to stand out. Made with peppers, olives, and dulcet onions, this vegan dinner mind is impressive. It ‘s even tasty adequate for non-vegans to enjoy. Try sprinkling clean herb once you pull your pizza out of the oven for an supernumerary stir of season.
This customize pizza is healthy and tasty, plus it can become a family project, with all family members designing their own portions of the pizza. In Maxine ’ s family, the kids roll out the pizza boodle while the adults prepare the toppings. They choose the tomato sauce together, then each person decides what to put on his or her part of the pizza.
Use prepared tomato sauce in this recipe or make your own.
Sign Up for More Free Recipes
Makes4 to 6 servings
Cooking Time45 min Cooking MethodBaking CostModerate entire Timeunder 1 hour Kid FriendlyYes Recipe CourseMain Course dietary ConsiderationEgg-free, Halal, Kosher, Lactose-free, Low Cholesterol, Low Saturated Fat, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Tree Nut Free, Vegan, vegetarian MealDinner, lunch taste and TextureCrunchy, Herby type of DishPizza
- 1 lb (500 g) prepared pizza dough
Read more: Homemade Pizza Topping Ideas + Easy Recipes
- 3 cups (750 ml) tomato sauce (see Notes)
- 1 jar (6 oz/175 g) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup (250 ml) black olives, pitted and halved
- 3 roasted red bell peppers, skin removed and sliced into ½-inch (1 cm) strips
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive anoint, divided
- 2 medium gratifying onions (such as Vidalia), cut into 1/4-inch (0.5 cm) slices (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 17-by 11-inch (42.5 by 27.5 cm) rimmed baking sheet or 16-inch (40 cm) round pizza pan, greased
Vegan Recipes You Can Brag About
Looking for more vegan recipes ? Check out our list of tasty vegan recipes for every single meal. just because you ‘re going meat-free does n’t mean you have to go season rid.
These vegan recipes are delectable enough to brag about to your non-vegan friends. > > > 30+ Vegan Meal Ideas for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Preheat oven to 450°F ( 230°C ).
- caramelize Onions : In a big frying pan, inflame 2 tbsp ( 25 milliliter ) olive petroleum over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add sliced onions and drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp ( 15 milliliter ) anoint. Reduce heat to abject, covering and cook, stirring every 10 minutes to prevent burn and stick, for 25 to 30 minutes or until onions are soft and brown.
- meanwhile, on prepare broil sheet, spread dough using your fingertips to gently press the dough out so it covers the entire sheet. Bake in preheat oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until boodle starts to harden but not brown. Let aplomb in pan on a rack for about 10 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce over crust and disperse caramelized onions, artichokes, olives and roasted peppers over lead. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is browned around the edges.
- magnetic declination
- fresh herb add excitation to your pizza. Try sprinkling the onions with 1 tbsp ( 15 milliliter ) finely chopped fresh basil, oregano, parsley, and/or garlic chives.
Read Next Breakfast Pizza
2005 Maxine Effenson Chuck and Beth Gurney
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES