Pizza is reasonably much my favorite meal. I don ’ triiodothyronine gratify in it excessively often, though. A healthy life style and pizza normally equitable don ’ metric ton desegregate very well.
Reading: Loaded Pizza on Cauliflower Crust
Cauliflower saves the day ! You can wholly make this pizza with a head of cauliflower, but if you ’ re able to find rice cauliflower in the produce department of your grocery store, by all means grab it up. I bought my rice cauliflower at Trader Joe ’ s, but I ’ ve besides seen it at Super Target and early grocery stores. In the recipe instructions, I ’ ve listed out how to make the crust even if you can ’ metric ton find it already riced, but I think this crust cooked up sol absolutely because all of the melted was already taken out of the cauliflower .
I seriously don ’ t think there ’ second anything cauliflower can ’ thymine do. You can turn it into rice, tortilla, burgers, waffles, cheese sauce, mashed “ potatoes ”, alfredo and delectable pizza crust .
It is very significant to follow all steps, specially if you ’ rhenium not using pre-riced cauliflower. First, you MUST pre-cook the cauliflower to release moisture before making the dough. You can avoid this step by using shop bought rice cauliflower .
following, you ’ ll decidedly want to squeeze the moisture out of the cooked cauliflower COMPLETELY. Remove as much melted from the cook cauliflower as possible, using a thin dishtowel or cheesecloth, so the resulting crust international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine doughy. Trust me on this one .
Follow the instructions and get this crust right and you ’ ll see that it ’ south just angstrom dependable, if not better than many flour-based crusts. This cauliflower pizza crust is foolproof. It ’ s not mushy and you can truly hold it by a slit. It ’ mho besides absolutely delightful ! I won ’ thymine lie, the crust international relations and security network ’ t precisely like boodle crust, but it is super tasty and makes a bang-up healthier alternate to the carb-loaded traditional pizza crust .
Feel unblock to use your favored toppings to complete your delectable pizza, but I highly recommend giving this loaded pizza on cauliflower crust a sample. This pizza tasted amazing. I tried to limit myself to two slices, but nope that didn ’ triiodothyronine happen. It ’ s a good thing there ’ s only 7 carbs and 160 calories per piece .
Loaded Pizza on Cauliflower Crust
Loaded Pizza on Cauliflower Crust will satisfy even the most acute pizza crave !
- For the crust :
- 1 medium head cauliflower, about 1 pound, trimmed and broken into modest florets*
- 2 big eggs, lightly beaten**
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon loss pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For the pizza :
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella tall mallow
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 red or green chime pepper, sliced
- 1/2 jaundiced bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 loss onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, I use Applegate brand, with no nitrates
- 1/4 cup
sliced total darkness olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and place a pizza stone inside ( if using ). My pizza stone is little, so I equitable used a regular pizza pan .
- If you ‘re not using pre-riced cauliflower, put cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulsation until very fine crumb stay. alternatively, you can grate the cauliflower using a cheese grater .
- position cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, cover it with a paper towel and microwave for 5 minutes. Remove the cauliflower and let it cool. You can place it in the deep-freeze for a couple of minutes to speed up the process .
- once cool, wrap the cauliflower in a dishtowel and squash until it is completely dry. It is very crucial to get all of the moisture out .
- rate the cauliflower in a bombastic ( dry ) mixing bowling ball. Mix in the cheeses, seasonings and eggs. If you ‘re using a 16 snow leopard cup of tea of pre-riced cauliflower ( like me ), you may need to add about 1/4 cup egg whites, another testis, milk or water. I added 1/4 cup egg whites because the cauliflower crust mixture seemed excessively dry .
- Transfer cauliflower crust mixture to a big slice of parchment composition ( no larger than your pizza stone ) and press the dough into a set, making certain the crust is flimsy and of about 1/4 edge thickness. gently pick up the parchment paper and slide it with entire crust on top on to pizza rock or pizza baking pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden .
- once the crust is golden, remove it from the oven and cover with desire toppings. I cover crust with sauce beginning, then a piece of the cheese, next all other ingredients listed and last add the lie of the cheese on crown .
- Place pizza back in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. fantastic served immediately, but besides quite delicious leftover and cold !
*Alternatively use pre-riced cauliflower. I used a 16 ounce bag. This will make the recipe so much easier. I purchased my riced cauliflower at Trader Joe’s in the produce department, but I’ve recently seen it at other grocery stores.
**Because I used pre-riced cauliflower there was no excess water, so I added about 1/4 cup egg whites from a carton. You could also add another egg, milk or water (although I have not tried this).
***Nutritional information is calculated with toppings listed in the ingredients.
Entree, Main Course, Pizza
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @ kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delightful recipes straight to your inbox !
Have you been wanting to jump on the cauliflower pizza crust bandwagon ? here ’ s your opportunity. I took out all the think work for you. Give it a try and let me know how your load pizza on cauliflower crust turns out. Tag me @ kimscravings on Instagram – I ’ vitamin d love to see your beautiful pizza !
I have a few other pizza recipes on the blog, I think you’ll love!
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza
Whole Wheat Skillet Pizza
Read more: Garlic Bread Pizza
Caprese Pizza on a Spelt Flour Pizza Crust
Get the tools to make your Loaded Pizza on Cauliflower Crust!