Below is the method acting we used so you besides can try pizza nox off the grid .
Reading: How to Cook Pizza While Camping
- Pizza Dough (we used a standard recipe with white flour, yeast, warm water, sugar, salt + oil)
- Olive Oil in spray bottle
- Extra flour
- Fresh figs, sliced
- 1 x Red Onion
- Goats Cheese, chunks
- Grated Mozarella
- Prosciutto ribbons
- Rocket / Arugula
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Small saucepan
- Chopping Board
- Small sharp knife
- Aluminium Foil to cover
Read more: The Top 3 Ways to Reheat Pizza—Ranked
Day before the campout :
- If making your dough onsite, measure out flour and salt into a ziploc bag, adding a little extra flour for rolling out OR, make dough completely then cover with oil, wrap in cling wrap and place in bowl.
At the camp :
- Finely slice red onion and cook over fire with a Tbsp olive oil gently in saucepan for 30 mins or until soft and golden, move to side of fire to keep simmering/warm.
- Get fire going nice and hot and place skillet over to heat.
- Once dough is ready, roll out into thin round bases to fit your skillet.
- Place pizza base into skillet, you can spread to fill to edges carefully as it will be hot.
- Place uncovered over fire for 5 or so minutes until a little crispy on underside
- Take off fire and flip base then cover with caramelised red onion, sliced figs, prosciutto ribbons and a sprinkle of mozarella
- Place back on fire, this time covering with foil.
- Check pizza after 5-10 minutes. The base should be crispy and the cheese beginning to melt.
- Once ready, sprinkle with a handful of arugula before serving.
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
See more from Emily: Instagram | Website | Pinterest | Blog