Oh hey, remember me ? Your friendly neighborhood grain free dessert chef ? Yeah, I imagine some of you are squinting and shaking your heads, because it ’ randomness been… awhile.
Throughout quarantine, I learned the arduous lesson that many early working moms were faced with : Burnout is a very thing. With a toddler in the house, and my conserve and I both working from home, a complicated move somewhere in there, and some health stuff going on that I haven ’ thymine actually talked much about, there hasn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate been much room in my day or my mind to do more than simply exist .
If you’re new here, you should know that this website is my hobby, which I do in my spare time and creative energy – both of which, these last several months, has been pretty elusive. If you’re a parent, you probably know what I’m talking about.
If you ’ re modern here, you should know that this web site is my hobby, which I do in my spare part time and creative energy – both of which, these death several months, has been reasonably baffling. If you ’ re a rear, you credibly know what I ’ megabyte talking about. abruptly, six months went by with scantily a rustle of life here and I had to face the facts : things may not get better for a long, long time and the pause I initially thought I was taking here turned into an indefinite absence .
I never wanted to shut down A clean Bake ( honestly, just the think made me want to cry ). But balancing a full-time job, a family, and this site on lead of it ( you ’ five hundred be shocked how much bring it takes to keep this site running ) was impossible .
I thought long and arduous about it – how much could I do hera ? How much should I do ? – and decided, with the aid of the amazing A Clean Bake Instagram community, that the most fundamental, most me expression of this work is the recipes, and everything else was negotiable .
If this pandemic has taught me anything, it ’ s when to ask for help .
Food photography was an comfortable choice for outsourcing because it is the # 1 most clock consuming partially of this locate and, although I truly enjoy it, it has stared to become a burden to find the time and creative energy to cook, style, shoot, clean, and edit the photograph. There is a reason that many cookbooks and magazines have dedicated food photographers, writers, editors, and recipe developers. Doing it all is damn near impossible .
My first address ( oklahoma well Instagram DM, but you know what I mean ) was to one of my all-time favorite food photographers, Quin, who you may be companion with from her food web log Butter Be Ready. I found her on Instagram a year or two ago ( check her report out ; it ’ sulfur stunning ) and have been compulsively stanning her ( Gen Z ’ ers, did I use that right ? ) ever since. It was a no-brainer. And, much to my please, she was available and concerned in working in concert ! sol please join me in welcoming Quin to the ACB team !
quintuplet photographed this bipartite pizza series for me death week, and I ’ ll be sharing the crust with you tomorrow. Be surely to leave a comment below and let her know what you think of the photograph !
OK that was the food-blogger-est presentation to this stupid-simple pizza sauce, sol lease ’ randomness ( ultimately ) spill the beans about the recipe .
How To Make Homemade Pizza Sauce
This pizza sauce recipe is made from one of my front-runner things in my cupboards : pantry ingredients .
My pantry and deep deep-freeze have kept my family well-fed throughout quarantine. As you know, I have been a longtime winnow of deep-freeze and pantry fudge, and it has actually come in handy these final respective months. In our house, and in Illinois in general, we ’ ve taken the shelter in place club very seriously, so there have been no unnecessary trips to the grovery storehouse for this family in months and months. ( I miss it. ) But on the summation side, I ’ ve gotten flush more resourceful when it comes to putting together pantry component recipes and deep-freeze component recipes, and this, as it turns out, is both .
This homemade pizza sauce recipe is made from 100 % non-perishable ingredients — no bracing tomatoes, grated parmesan, fresh basil and marjoram, fennel, or anything else that could spoil in sight. alternatively, you ’ ll necessitate just a can of tomatoes, salt, garlic powderize, capsicum, and chili powder ( if you like a little extra estrus ). This recipe makes a distribute of sauce, so you ’ ll likely be able to freeze half of the batch for your adjacent pizza night .
You can make this in your slow cooker, or in a saucepan. For the dull cooker method acting, simply whisk all of the ingredients together, cover, and cookie. To make your tomato sauce on the stave, Whisk the ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until it ’ randomness reduced to two cups ( no need to puree the ingredients in a food processor advance ). If you ’ re trying to multitask and get dinner done while doing 50 0ther things ( as I find myself doing more often than not ), I highly recommend the boring cooker method acting .
Recipes FAQs: Tips for Best Pizza Sauce Success
hopefully, you find this easy pizza sauce recipe fabulously simple and straightforward. however, if it ’ s your first fourth dimension making a homemade pizza sauce — preferably than buying a jar of crimson sauce at the store — hopefully these tips and tricks set you up for success .
- Can I use tomato paste as a substitute for tomato sauce? If tomato paste is the alone matter in your cupboards, then technically yes, you can ( I ’ ve barely never tried it ). Mix one character water, one share paste, and a drizzle of extra virgo olive petroleum, as described here, for the lapp tomato season .
- Can I substitute any of the seasonings? I prefer this sauce precisely the way it is. however, I always encourage readers to use what they have on hand. If you have bolshevik pepper flakes but no chili powder, swap them out. If you don ’ t have garlic powder, use one to two minced cloves of garlic ( to your preference ) or replace it wholly with onion powderize it in a bit of olive oil before adding the remaining ingredients (except the onion powder, which you should omit). For a smoother sauce, puree in a blender or food processor before simmering. . If you want to use a bracing onion, mince one humble white or yellow onion, andit in a moment of olive anoint before adding the remaining ingredients ( except the onion powderize, which you should omit ). For a smooth sauce, puree in a blender or food processor before boiling .
- How else can I use this recipe? For an appetizer, use my grain-free, homemade pizza dough recipe to make breadsticks, then use this recipe as a dip sauce/ condiment on the side. You could besides combine your front-runner pizza toppings, spaghetti squash, and your homemade pasta sauce for a veggie-loaded pizza casserole .
- Is this recipe low-carb? Yes. If you look at the nutrition facts below, you ’ ll see it contains just 1 gram of sugar and 2 grams of carbs, making it a low-carb recipe .
- Do you have other pizza recipes on this site? Of course ! If you enjoyed this sauce, you might enjoy these other delectable recipes : paleo thin crust pizza and grain-free grilled pizza. I also have immediate marinara sauce, and quinoa spaghetti with roast tomatoes, which might appeal to you. And, don’t forget to come back tomorrow for the grain free pizza crust recipe. Once you have that, the sky’s the limit!
- Where can you buy the ingredients in this recipe? If you can ’ metric ton find the ingredients already stored in your cupboards and are trying to avoid the grocery store store, you could decree each ingredient on amazon ( since they ’ re all non-perishable ).
Read more: Best Homemade Pizza Recipe
- Can you store or freeze this recipe? Yes ! This recipe makes adequate sauce to cover three pizzas. If that ’ s excessively much for your family to consume in a individual evening, you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to three months. Simply be certain to allow the sauce to wholly cool prior to freezing .
Enjoy This Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe at Your Next Pizza Night
There ’ s no need to buy boughten pizza sauce when you can make it on your own .
This easy pizza sauce recipe is sugar-free and gluten-free, and uses just five ingredients — all of which can be found in your kitchen cupboards. Simply saute on the stovetop or in the slowly cooker for an slowly dish .
For serving, smother over your darling grain-free crust, top with your darling toppings and mozzarella cheese, then return to the oven. Once the tall mallow is melted and bubbly, it ’ mho cook for serving .
Continue to Content
5-Ingredient Homemade Pizza Sauce
About 2 1/4 cups, or enough for three 12″ pizzas
homework time :
cook time :
extra time :
sum time :
This homemade pizza sauce is made with ingredients you ‘ll already find in your pantry, including crushed tomatoes and italian herb and spices. This pizza sauce is gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. Enjoy it with a grain-free homemade pizza crust and your favorite toppings for your future family pizza night .
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes (one 28 ounce can)
- 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional, to taste)
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a saucepan, or in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- If using a slow cooker, cook two hours on low with the cover on, then stir and let cool 30 minutes.
- If using the stove, simmer until reduced by about 1/4 (so, slightly more than 2 cups should remain).
- This recipe makes enough sauce for three small pizzas. If you aren’t making three, you can completely cool the extra sauce, then freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other consort programs, I earn from qualifying purchases .
Cuisinart 3-In-1 4-Quart Multi-Cooker
celtic Sea Salt, Fine Ground Resealable Bag, 8 oz
Amount Per Serving:
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave me a gloss and rating, or tag me on Instagram using @ nora_acleanbake or # acleanbake !