Reading: Best Homemade Pizza Recipe
Jump to Recipe
This is the BEST Homemade Pizza recipe. You ’ ll be craving this pizza hebdomadally ! Learn my tips and tricks, and you ’ ll be making pizza like a pro in no time !
Making this perfect homemade pizza recipe is cost-efficient, and in my opinion, the taste and quality of ingredients are better than picking up a pizza from a pizza chain. This recipe costs about $ 7.22, makes two 14-inch pies, and serves 6-8 people. That is only $ 1.20 per serve !
Nothing beats pizza night. For more playfulness pizza options, try this Strawberry Pizza with Bacon and Balsamic, this BBQ Chicken Pizza, and this Fruit Pizza for dessert !
I have been trying to make the perfect homemade pizza for years now ! I ’ ve been playing around with the recipe for a while now. today I present to you pepperoni pizza perfection !
yesterday, I posted my all-time front-runner Pizza Dough Recipe along with the methods, tips, and tricks that I ’ ve learned along the way after years of making it. survive workweek, I posted my Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce recipe, and today I ’ meter putting it all together with this Homemade Pizza Recipe !
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving cost : $ 1.20
recipe monetary value : $ 7.22
- 1 recipe pizza dough –$1.23
- 1 teaspoon chicken cornmeal –$0.01
- 1 Tablespoon olive vegetable oil –$0.14
- 1 recipe pizza sauce –$1.95
- 40 pepperoni slices –$0.80
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese –$0.99
- 2 cups whole milk mozzarella cheese –$2.10
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
Pizza Stone Instructions
- foremost, prepare the pizza boodle recipe. Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees for 30 minutes .
- next, place parchment newspaper on top of the pizza skin and sprinkle cornmeal over the top. then move one boodle ball to the pizza peel off, press the boodle out into a 14-inch circle, and brush the boodle ’ sulfur knocked out edge with olive oil .
- set two newspaper towels on a microwave-safe plate, evenly spread the pepperoni on the plate, and top with two more newspaper towels to cook for 30 seconds. Use the lead paper towels to sop up any extra grease and set aside .
- now, spread the pizza sauce over the pizza dough. then sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the dough, followed by mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices .
- ultimately, use the pizza undress to slide the pizza onto the preheat pizza stone. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Let the pizza sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving .
- Repeat with the remaining dough and toppings.
Round Pizza Pan Instructions
- First, prepare the pizza dough recipe. Move the oven rack to the lowest position and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Next, sprinkle cornmeal over two 14-inch round pizza pans.
- Then move one dough ball one of the pans and press the dough out into a 14-inch circle. Brush the dough’s outer edge with olive oil.
- Assemble the pizza as per the instructions above.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until the crust has browned and the pizza is cooked through. Let the pizza sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and toppings.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
Pizza Dough – I give a detail explanation of my choose methods, ingredients, and pizza tools in this pizza dough stake. You ’ ll find tips and winder freeze instructions, excessively !
Pizza Sauce – My Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe is so much better than boughten, and it ’ s an easy no-cook recipe that you make in the blender. And to top it all off, it ’ second freezer-friendly, excessively !
Pizza Cheese – To make the ultimate Pepperoni Pizza, you need a combination of 2 kinds of tall mallow ; Parmesan and unharmed milk mozzarella .
Parmesan Cheese – This adds some extra relish to the pizza, and I add it underneath the mozzarella so it doesn ’ t brown and become crisp .
Whole Milk Mozzarella – This cheese is a MUST for this recipe because it melts so much better than part-skim mozzarella ( I find part-skim mozzarella cooks up a little cartilaginous ) ! wholly milk mozzarella can be a little act crafty to find in your grocery store store. If it ’ s not in the dairy aisle ’ second brick cheese section, I normally have luck finding it at the delicatessen rejoinder. I ask the folks at the delicatessen antagonistic fair to cut off a 1/2 pound collocate for me, and I shred it myself at home .
Pepperoni – I love pepperoni, but I hate how it makes an oil slick on top of the pizza while it ’ sulfur baking. In the past, I would end up blotting the peak of the pizza with a paper towel to get the extra grease off, but not with this pizza recipe !
To combat the lake of pepperoni dirt on crown of my pizza, I cook the pepperoni between sheets of paper towel in the microwave. This way, the composition towel sops up the extra oil, and voilà, you have the best homemade pizza !
Pizza Topping Rules
You don ’ thyroxine want any more than ½ cup of toppings total on each pizza. If you ’ re adding fresh veggies like onions, bell peppers, or broccoli, I suggest cooking them in the microwave for 30-90 seconds or until the veggies start to soften. This room, you don ’ t have crunchy uncooked veggies on your pizza .
Pizza Topping Combinations
The options are merely about dateless when it comes to pizza toppings, as about anything goes ! Make surely you use no more than ½ cup of toppings per pizza. here are some of my all-time darling combinations :
- Pepperoni and Cheese (you can never go wrong with this classic!)
- Firefighter – Instead of sauce use ranch dressing and top the pizza with jalapenos and pepperoni.
- Canadian Bacon and Pineapple – you can use fresh or canned pineapple
- Veggie – bell pepper, onion, mushroom, tomato, and sliced olives.
- Meat Lovers – pepperoni, Italian sausage, beef, ham, and bacon. Make sure all of the toppings are cooked before putting them on the pizza.
- BBQ Chicken – BBQ chicken, red onions, sometimes bacon, and cilantro.
- Chicken and Bacon – Use ranch or alfredo sauce instead of red sauce, and then top the pizza with small diced cooked chicken and crumbled bacon.
- Buffalo Wing – Make the sauce by using 2/3 cup buffalo wing sauce and 1/3 cup ranch. Top the pizza with small diced cooked chicken tenders.
- If pepperoni isn’t your thing, then go ahead and add your favorite toppings instead. I would say no more than ½ cup TOTAL of toppings on each pizza.
- If you’re adding fresh veggies like onions, bell peppers, or broccoli, I suggest cooking them in the microwave for 30-90 seconds or until the veggies soften. This way, you don’t have crunchy uncooked veggies on your pizza.
More Pizza Main Dish Recipes
Perfect Homemade Pizza Recipe
This is the BEST Homemade Pizza recipe. You’ll be craving this pizza weekly! Learn my tips and tricks, and you’ll be making pizza like a pro in no time!
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 recipe pizza sauce
- 40 pepperoni slices
- 1 ounce impertinently finely grated Parmesan tall mallow about ½ cup
Read more: The Best Pizza Dough Recipe
ounces unharmed milk mozzarella shredded ( about 2 cups )
Prepare the pizza dough recipe and oven thru step 7.
Move the oven rack to the second-highest position. Place a pizza stone on the rack and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F for at least 30 minutes.
Place parchment paper on top of the pizza peel and sprinkle cornmeal over the top. Move 1 dough ball to the pizza peel and press dough out into a 13-14 inch circle by gently stretching and pressing the dough. (I find it’s best that once the dough is pressed out into an 8-inch circle to place the palm of my hand in the center and gently pull the dough by the edges to get it to 14 inches).
If the dough is really snapping back while you’re trying to press and stretch it, then cover it with a damp paper towel and let the dough relax for 5-10 minutes before starting again to get the dough to 14 inches.
Brush ½ tablespoon of olive oil around the outer edge of the dough.
- position 2 paper towels on top of a big microwave-safe home plate. Spread the pepperoni out evenly on the plate and clear with 2 more newspaper towels. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Press the exceed newspaper towel onto the pepperoni to sop up any excess grease ; set aside .
Spread ¾ cups of the pizza sauce over the pizza dough using the back of a large spoon or ladle, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edge.
Sprinkle ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese evenly over the sauce, and then follow with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spread 20 pepperoni slices evenly over the cheese.
Once the pizza stone has been preheated at 500 degrees F for at least 30 minutes, use the pizza peel to slide the pizza and parchment onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the crust is beautifully golden and the cheese is bubbly.
Use the pizza peel to remove the pizza from the oven. Let the pizza sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Repeat with remaining dough, sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
This recipe makes two 14-inch pizzas.
Tried this recipe ? Follow me @ FoodFolksandFun ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY newsletter … IT ‘S free !
Read more: The Best Pizza Dough Recipe