not entirely was the oatmeal 100 times tasty, but the texture besides was so much more appeal, and I could buy a wholly container of seethe oats for about the same amount as the 6-8 packets. If saving money, eating goodly, and enjoying delightful meals are things that concern you, you ’ ve got to try The Best microwave Oatmeal. You won ’ triiodothyronine be disappointed !
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob – The BEST Way!
You will need the trace key ingredients to make this delicious breakfast recipe :
- Rolled Oats: You can use quick oats or rolled oats, but keep in mind the cooking time will differ depending on which one you choose.
- Milk: I prefer to use unsweetened almond milk in my oatmeal recipes, but you can use any type of milk you like. If needed, you could also use water.
- Cinnamon: This warm and delicious spice is commonly used in oatmeal recipes because of how beautifully it complements the nutty flavor of the oats.
- Vanilla extract: Not only does vanilla extract add a bit of its own flavor, but it also enhances the other flavors in the dish and ties everything together.
Flavor Ideas for Microwave Oatmeal
There are thus many ways to customize this easy microwave oatmeal. Try one of our season microwave oatmeals – Banana Peanut Oatmeal, Apple Oatmeal with Peanut Butter, Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, or Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal or use one of the ideas below .
- Banana Peanut Butter: The oatmeal I eat most often is a simple combination of bananas and peanut butter. Just mash up a banana in the bowl before adding the oats and then follow the directions as usual. Not only will this sweeten up the oatmeal naturally, but it also makes the oatmeal super creamy and delicious. Add a dollop of peanut butter for one filling, tasty breakfast.
- Cinnamon Apple: We almost always have apples in the house, so I love making cinnamon apple microwave oats. Start by dicing up an apple. Place it in your bowl and microwave for 60-90 second until it’s soft. Then add the oats, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla and you’ll end up with oatmeal packed with apple flavor without the need for added sugar or sweetener.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly: We love peanut butter and jelly so when I am in a rush I top my oats with some no sugar added preserves and a scoop of nut butter. Sometimes I use halved grapes or strawberries instead of the preserves to keep the oatmeal nice and light,
- Fruit and Cream: I love adding fresh fruit to my oats and usually add a scoop of Greek yogurt as well to create creamy oatmeal packed with fruit. This also ups the protein content of the oatmeal to keep you full all morning.
- Pumping up the nutrition: To pack even more nutritional benefits into your morning oats, I almost add a teaspoon of chia seeds and flax meal to my oats. Sometimes I add protein powder as well, especially when I know I have a long morning and need lots of energy
How long to cook oatmeal in the microwave?
here are the general guidelines for cooking oatmeal using the microwave. cook time will vary based on the character of oatmeal and the potency of your microwave.
- Quick-cooking oats: Cook on high for 1.5-2 minutes.
- Rolled or old-fashioned oats: Cook on high for 2.5-3 minutes.
- Steel-cut oatmeal: Generally, it isn’t recommended to cook steel-cut oats in the microwave since they take significantly lower to cook. Here is how to cook them on the stovetop.
- Instant oatmeal and oatmeal packets: Instant oatmeal is similar to quick cooking and usually takes around 1.5-2 minutes to cook.
How to Store Microwave Oatmeal
Let ’ s say you pop some oatmeal in the microwave for your child, only to find out that they are in a climate and will absolutely not eat anything but grain. What do you do with that poor, delicious oatmeal ? You save it, of course ! oatmeal holds up very well both in the electric refrigerator and in the deep-freeze. Simply let it cool to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight storage bag or container. once by rights contained, you can store cooked oatmeal in one of two ways :
- In the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
- In the freezer for up to 3 months.