This fluffy, warm chocolate chip mug cake bakes in the microwave and has all the degeneracy you want from a dessert in a single serve ! With equitable a few ingredients, this mug cake whips up in mere minutes and will wholly satisfy your chocolatey dessert cravings !
A fluffy chocolate chip mug cake is the perfect personal dessert!
A delectably warm and fluffy chocolate chip mug cake you won’t have to share!
Reading: Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
Life is busy, and sometimes you fair want a little something sweet to enjoy without having to go all out. That ‘s where mug cakes come in. They ‘ve become truly popular over the last few years, and it ‘s no surprise why .
This chocolate chip countenance cake will provide all the ample, decadent season you want from a cake without having to make a huge mess in your kitchen. It ‘s great for those busy days where you just want to kick your feet up and spoil yourself without any fuss .
I besides love that with a mug coat I don’t have to worry about portion control and can eat the whole thing! If the kiddos want one excessively, it ‘s easy enough to double the recipe and give everyone their own personal patty in a chump .
We in truth love whipping a few of these up for sleepovers or movie nights where we can all sit on the sofa and hang out together while enjoying our mug cake !
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
It’s quick! This mug coat takes only takes 4 minutes to make, homework prison term included !
It’s customizable! Toss in some nuts for lend crunch, top it with whipped cream, or try different flavors of cocoa chips ; whatever you ‘re craving, you can have it !
It’s convenient! No slice necessity, and the ease of carrying a coffee mug means you can eat your coat wherever you want !
For this recipe, all you need is a few everyday baking ingredients you credibly keep stocked in your pantry. Grab a mug, a whisk, and a bowl then you ‘re quick to go !
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour – Any brand of all-purpose flour will do. If you have self-rising flour you can use that too, just leave out the baking powder and salt!
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar – A good habit to make when baking with brown sugar is to pack it down when measuring to press out any air pockets so you get an accurate measurement.
- ¼ tablespoon Baking Powder – Because this cake has no eggs, baking powder is necessary.
- 1 pinch Salt – Just a tiny bit to help balance flavors.
- 3 tablespoons Milk – Whole milk will add the most moisture because it has the most fat, but you can use whatever milk you keep in the fridge.
- 3 tablespoons Butter – Pop your butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds because it needs to be melted for this recipe. I like using salted butter for my mug cakes because it adds the most flavor, but unsalted is fine too.
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract – For the best flavor, use 100% vanilla extract. Alternatively, if you have vanilla paste or a little bit of scraped vanilla bean you can use that.
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate Chips – I prefer to use the milk chocolate or semi-sweet mini morsels, but you can use whatever kind you like.
*Be sure to see the recipe poster below for ingredients, amounts & instructions ! *
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
My cocoa chip chump coat is made in precisely three super easy steps. This recipe is for a single mug cake, but you can easily double it to suit your needs. If you ‘re making more than one, microwave them individually so they cook evenly !
- Mix dry ingredients. In a bowl, whisk together ¼ cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, ¼ tablespoon baking powder, and a pinch of salt until well-integrated.
- Add wet ingredients. Stir in the 3 tablespoons milk, 3 tablespoons melted butter, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and mix until nice and smooth. (Be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl to moisten all the flour.) Then, fold in your 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Cook and enjoy! Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Then, continue microwaving in 30 second increments until your cake is fluffy and bounces back to the touch. (See Tips & Recipe Notes) Allow your mug cake to cool in the microwave for 1 minute before serving.
If you want to dress up your mug cake hear topping it with a dollop of whipped cream, drizzling it with a small strawberry coulis, or plopping a scoop of ice cream on top. You could even try out some different flavored chocolate chips ! delight !
💭 Angela’s Tips & Recipe Notes
- Check that your cake is done by using a toothpick! If you are unsure if your mug cake is baked through, stick a toothpick in the center. If it comes out with batter on it, microwave it a bit more. Check between each increment in the microwave until it comes out dry.
- If you don’t have a microwave, you can use an oven-safe ramekin and bake it in the oven at 350℉ (175℃) for 12-15 minutes. Cakes baked in the oven tend to be denser, but still delicious!
- In place of the brown sugar, you could use granulated sugar or a sugar substitute like erythritol but it may alter the flavor a bit.
Mug cakes do just fine being stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours, but be sure to wrap them tightly with credit card wrap to prevent them from drying out .
If you want to eat your cake chilled you can refrigerate it, but it is n’t necessity .
If you in truth want to make a chump cake to have for later, they can be frozen. Again, wrap the mug cake tightly with fictile wrap then place it in a deep-freeze bag and date it. You should eat your mug cake within 3-4 months .
Thaw your mug cake by placing it in the fridge overnight. If you do n’t have time to wait, you can leave it on the counter to thaw indeed long as you plan to eat it within a few hours .
Reheating Your Mug Cake
You can reheat your mug cake in the microwave in 10-15 second increments. Be careful, it will continue to cook so take it out equitable a soon as it gets warm or it will become rubbery .
They besides taste delicious cold if you want to eat them that means !
😋More Easy Mug Cake Recipes!
Am I able to make this mug cake vegan or gluten-free? You can ! To make a vegan countenance patty barely substitute your front-runner vegan butter in set of the salt butter and the milk for a addict or oat milk. To make it gluten-free, merely substitute the general-purpose flour for a gluten-free 1:1 flour that includes xanthan chewing gum for texture !
( *Substitutions may cause slight differences in flavor and/or texture in the mug cakes.) My mug cake is rubbery, what can I do? I have a few tips that will help you make a perfectly fluffy mug cake. First, be sure not to over-mix the dinge because that can make your cake tough. You want to mix it just until all the flour is incorporated. Be surely to check between every time interval when you are microwaving. The coat is ready when the top is glistening and slenderly sticky to the touch. ( This is besides where you can use the toothpick flim-flam mentioned above. ) Your mug cake should give slightly when you touch it with your finger, about bouncy. If it has no give, it is overcooked. What if I substitute baking soda in place of baking powder? Despite the fact they are both leavening agents, baking sodium carbonate and bake powder are not exchangeable. Baking sodium carbonate needs acid to trigger the raise and there is not enough acidic in this recipe for it to work. Do you love a recipe you tried ? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section far down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter ! Do n’t forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes !
Love This Recipe?
Click On A Star To Rate It!
Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
This fluffy, warm chocolate chip mug cake bakes in the microwave and has all the decadence you want from a dessert in a single serving! With just a few ingredients, this mug cake whips up in mere minutes and will totally satisfy your chocolatey dessert cravings!
Share on Facebook
¼ cup general-purpose flour
2 tablespoon light brown sugar ( packed )
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
3 tablespoon milk
3 tablespoon butter ( melted )
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon chocolate chips ( milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate morsels, mini chips are best )
Whisk together your dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, and salt) either directly in your mug, or in a small bowl.
¼ cup all-purpose flour,
2 tablespoon light brown sugar,
¼ teaspoon baking powder,
1 pinch salt
Stir in the liquid ingredients (milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract) and mix until smooth, then fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter into a mug if needed.
3 tablespoon milk,
3 tablespoon butter,
½ teaspoon vanilla extract,
2 tablespoon chocolate chips
Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Continue heating in 30 second increments if needed until the cake is puffy, set, and springs back to the touch.
Allow your cooked microwave mug cake to sit in the microwave for 1 minute before serving.
- 1 pinch of salt = 1/16th of a teaspoon
Did you try this recipe ? Rate it below ! I can ’ thymine wait to see your results ! Mention @ bake_it_with_love or tag # bake_it_with_love
Read more: Microwave Baked Potato – Baking Mischief
Angela is an at home chef that developed a rage for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma ‘s kitchen. After many years in the food military service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family front-runner recipes and creating tasty dinner and perplex dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love !