Microwaved popcorn (and other unpopped kernels) can be cooked on the stovetop. Microwave popcorn is just kernels, oil, and seasoning, so empty the contents into a 2-quart pot with a lid that can let steam out. Cook the popcorn on high until all the kernels pop. There are early ways to cook microwaved popcorn such as in a toaster oven, over a fire, or on a grillroom. here is everything that you need to know approximately microwave popcorn.
Cooking Popcorn on the Stovetop:
Microwave popcorn bags contain kernels, vegetable oil, and season, so cooking it over a stovetop can be done easily. here are some measure by step instructions for cooking microwave popcorn on the stovetop :
- Remove the plastic from of your microwave bag
- Grab a 2-quart pot with a lid. For best results the lid should be able to let steam out.
- Cut open the microwave popcorn bag and scoop out the popcorn, oil and seasoning into your pot.
- Add an extra tablespoon of desired oil to the pot.
- Turn on the stove to medium-high heat.
- Shake the pot every 10-15 seconds.
- Cook until the kernels are popped and there are several secoonds in between pops
- Remove from the stove and add to a bowl or other safe container
- Add seasonings, as preferred.
Here is a video example of how to pop microwave popcorn on the stove. There are different ways to spice up your stovetop popcorn a well to make it more stimulate or flavorful. This can be done with microwave popcorn bags or with normal stovetop popcorn. For exercise, you can make your popcorn more interest by adding lemon zest to it while it is cooking on the stave. other recipes suggest using ranch seasoning in the mellow butter. Of course, you can not forget about the classical caramel popcorn recipes that can be made on the stove.
This particular recipe calls for Nacho popcorn. This nacho popcorn can be made on the stovetop and is a good bite for watching sports games and events. This recipe is fairly childlike and takes only 10 minutes to make. Ingredients for this recipe include parmesan tall mallow, dried parsley, garlic salt, chili pepper, and a few drops of hot sauce. The popcorn should have oil, cheese, and garlic salt while it is popping on the stave and the early ingredients are assorted into the bowl subsequently .
Cooking Popcorn with a Toaster Oven:
Believe it or not, microwave popcorn can be cooked and popped in a toaster oven. here is how :
- Remove the plastic on the microwave popcorn bag
- Preheat the oven to to 400-450 degrees Fahrenheight.
- Empty the contents of the microwave safe bag into an oven safe bowl and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook the popcorn in the oven until popping subsides
- Remove from the oven and carefully remove aluminum foil.
- Let popcorn cool, then add seasonings, as desired.
Using a Toaster Oven is different from using a even oven. You should not attempt to cook popcorn in a regular oven.
Cooking Popcorn over an Open Fire:
This may not be the most commodious choice, but if you are planning on going camp and you have a pocket of microwave popcorn on hand, you can cook it over the open fire. here is how :
- Remove the plastic on the microwave safe popcorn bag
- Empty the contents of the bag into aluminum foil
- Add extra butter or oil to help it pop properly.
- Fold the aluminum foil in half and twist the sides shut.
- Attach the foil to a long stick
- Place the foil over hot embers. Do not place directly in a hot flame or the kernels will burn and not pop properly.
- Cook until the popping becomes infrequent.
- Carefully remove from fire and let cool
- Add seasonings, as desired.
Safety: When cooking with an open fire, remember to use safety precautions. Do not attempt to remove the popcorn from the flames with your unsheathed hands. Be sure to use circumspection when cooking the popcorn, and to contain the open fire. Do not start a fire if there is a fire ban in the area .
Popping Popcorn on a Grill:
Cooking popcorn on a grillroom is a bunch like cooking popcorn on the displace. There are two unlike ways that you can cook popcorn on a grill. One way to cook popcorn on the grill :
- Open the microwave popcorn bag
- Scoop the contents out of the microwave bag and sprinkle on the bottom of a aluminum baking pan
- add extra oil (as preferred) to the bottom of the pan.
- Add seasoning as preferred to the kernels. Salt is recommended but other seasoning can be used, if preferred.
- Cover the tin tightly with aluminum foil
- Set the grill on medium heat and close the lid. Cook the popcorn until you hear pops
- Shake the tin gently using a pair of tongs as the popcorn pops
- Turn off the heat and let it rest on the grill until the popping slows down.
- Right away transfer the popcorn to a safe bowl and season as desired
Another means to cook popcorn on the grill :
- Carefully open the microwave popcorn bag
- Empty the contents of the microwave bag onto a deep skillet (small enough to fit on a grill with the lid closed)
- Add oil to the pan. the oil can be cooking oil, vegetable oil, cocounut oil, or olive oil, depeding on personal preference.
- Cover the pan with ehavy duty aluminum foil or a lid that goes with the pan and is grill-safe.
- Turn the grill on medium heat and close the lid.
- When the kernels begin to pop, uncover the grill and use tongs to gently shake the the pan until all the kernels are popped
- Transfer popcorn to a bowl immediately after it is done cooking to avoid it getting burnt.
Do Not Cook Microwave Popcorn in:
An air-popper If you have a bag of microwave popcorn, do not try to cook it in an air travel popper. Air poppers cook the popcorn without any anoint, so the oil on the kernels from the bag would mess up the process and the popcorn would not turn out the direction you want it to. The vegetable oil could potentially damage the air popper deoxyadenosine monophosphate well. It may be potential to rinse off all the vegetable oil from the microwave popcorn kernels and put them through the tune fryer, but this work would be complicated and not worth the effort.
A normal oven: Trying to cook popcorn in an oven is not a good estimate. There are besides many things that could go improper when you try to cook this reactive food in the oven. For model, the kernels are more likely to dry out, the popcorn could become very easily burnt, or the popcorn could not cook evenly. This is because the air travel in the oven does not transmit the heating system ampere efficiently as oil on a stave would. In any encase, there are easier and safer ways to cook popcorn, so avoid the oven if you can .
Types of Microwave Popcorn
There are different types and brands of microwave popcorn that contain different amounts of vegetable oil and temper. here is a list of some of the most democratic microwave popcorn brands :
Orville: Orville trade name popcorn is a leading trade name of popcorn that uses real butter in its intersection. They advertise their popcorn as having no artificial preservative flavors, dyes, or GMOs. This popcorn post is a good brand to buy because of the natural ingredients and high-quality flavor. Although it is designed to be microwaved, Orville popcorn will work well cooked in any of the methods listed above. Pop-Secret: Pop confidential popcorn takes pride in the fact that their intersection does not have any GMOs or preservatives in them. Act II : Act II popcorn is a trade name of popcorn that is based on the taste and look of movie theater popcorn. Jolly Time: Jolly Time popcorn is a whole grain popcorn that is made with very butter and is sold in every state in America.
Skinny Pop: Skinny pop, unlike the name suggests, is actually not the healthiest popcorn option. Skinny pop defines skinny as using the fewest, simplest, and cleanest ingredients possible .
How Long is Microwave Popcorn Good?
If you have a bag of microwave popcorn lying about, it may not be the safest mind to cook it, no topic what that your cooking method acting may be. Popcorn will hold its moisture for around 6-12 months, but the project passing date on most microwave popcorn bags is around 8 months. When popcorn goes bad, it loses a fortune of its season and the kernels in the bag will not by rights crop up. On occasion, although it is rare, popcorn kernels that have expired can grow determine and make you very disgusted. Popcorn bags should be thrown out if they are a class previous or older .
Other Ways to Make Popcorn:
early types of popcorn can be cooked without needing a microwave. These can be better options to purchase or to look for if you do not want to have a microwave that works.
Air-poppers : Air-popped popcorn is popcorn that is made merely from hot vent, and there is no oil added. This popcorn is the healthiest popcorn choice because there is no petroleum involved. Air-popped popcorn requires a especial type of air-popper to cook it. You can purchase an air-popper to make popcorn at your local Walmart or on Amazon. These tune poppers allow you to pop kernels using only heat, providing a healthy bite option. Product Recommendations: The best-rated air popper on Amazon is the Ecolution Original Microwave Micro-Pop Popcorn Popper, which is only $ 12 for leverage and is rated at 4.5/5 stars. The customer reviews rate this popcorn manufacturer positively. You can purchase this popcorn godhead here.
Another estimable option for an air popper would be the Presto Poplite hot air popper. This is rated 4.5/5 stars on Amazon and is selected as Amazon ’ s option product. The customer reviews say that this device makes a bunch of popcorn and it is easy to use. You can purchase the Presto Poplite hot air popper here. Stovetop Popcorn Cookers: These popcorn makers are not ampere simple as microwaving popcorn, but they provide alternative options for providing a tasty, homemade bite. These are small popcorn makers that can range from $ 40- $ 70 on median. These stovetop popcorn makers sit on the stovetop and are used to evenly cook your popcorn. They can be purchased on-line at Amazon, or your local Walmart. Product Recommendations:
Whirley Pop: credibly the most normally recognized type of stovetop popcorn cooker is a Whirley pop. Whirley pop average about $ 40 and is highly recommended by customers. Purchase a Whirley Pop here. Popcorn Machine: These popcorn machines are expensive, but they are a fun alternate to microwave popcorn, and they can produce popcorn in larger quantities, so they work out well for parties, events, and celebrations. Product Recommendations: West Bend Hot Oil Theater Style Popcorn Popper Machine : This machine is rated 4.5/5 stars out of over 5,000 customers. The product reviews stated that the popcorn machine is easy to use and operate and that it is cleaned very easily.
What is the Best Way to Make Popcorn?
There is no matchless veracious way to make popcorn. The method which you use to heat popcorn depends on your personal preference. If you are looking to cursorily and efficiently cook popcorn for a agile bite, you should cook your popcorn in a microwave.
Read more: Baked Potato In The Microwave
If you are trying to eat healthier and want a healthy option, you should pop popcorn through an breeze popper and skip out on fatty oils that are insalubrious. If you want to make lots of popcorn and are will to be affected role with it, you should cook the popcorn over a stovetop. Stovetop popcorn cooks the kernels more evenly but it takes longer to cook them. If you are camping or like to spend time outdoors and you want a creative way to cook your popcorn, you can cook it over some hot embers ( good be careful when you cook it ! )