This bacon macintosh and tall mallow pizza takes fair 20 minutes to throw together and is a great way to repurpose that leftover macintosh and cheese from lunch ! Your family is going to love this new wrench on quilt food that combines two of the best – macintosh and cheese and pizza !
You Will Love This
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Pizza Dough – There are lots of options for pizza dough. Storebought will work just fine, but my personal favorites are my Quick and Easy Pizza Dough and my Beer Pizza Dough!
- Olive Oil – An organic cold-pressed olive oil is a great way to add a subtle, savory flavor to your crust.
- Dried Oregano – This is a great way to add some extra flavor to a simple recipe, like this mac and cheese pizza. Dried oregano is a staple sweet, savory spice that I pretty much always add to pizza.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic adds some key complexity to your pizza crust. If you don’t have garlic powder, you can thinly slice a couple cloves of fresh garlic.
- Mac and Cheese – You can use the blue box, but my One Pot Mac and Cheese only takes 20 minutes and uses all real ingredients!
- Sharp Cheddar – Sharp cheddar is aged longer than mild, so it brings a wonderfully complex flavor to pizza and mac and cheese. If you can’t find sharp cheddar, mild will work in its place.
- Mozzarella – I prefer to use a block of mozzarella (and shred it myself), but fresh mozzarella would also work on this pizza if you’ve got some on hand! Monterey Jack would be a good substitute.
- Parmesan – Parmesan completes the trio of cheeses, adding a delicious, nutty depth of flavor. You could use Romano or Asiago in its place.
- Crispy Bacon – Because how could mac and cheese pizza possibly get any better? By adding crispy bacon, of course!
Spread olive vegetable oil, marjoram, and garlic powderize in an even layer across the crust.
Reading: 20 Minute Mac and Cheese Pizza
Bake crust for about 5 minutes. Combine cheeses together and add half the chopped cheese to the macintosh and tall mallow .
Mix until well combined .
banquet it in an even layer across the pizza crust .
top with remaining cheese and a pinch or two of salt and capsicum.
Read more: The Top 3 Ways to Reheat Pizza—Ranked
Bake for approximately 5 minutes. then add decay bacon. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the edges of the crust start to turn benighted golden brown and macintosh and cheese is warmed through .
trim with parsley, slice, and serve !
- If you prefer a thin crust pizza just roll the dough out onto a large sheet pan. Keep the amount of toppings the same, though, just spread them across the thin crust so that the mac and cheese pizza doesn’t get soggy.
- Don’t want to deal with frying bacon? Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lay bacon in a single layer, and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees. It’s the easiest way to make perfectly crispy bacon with minimal effort.
- Shred your own cheese for a really wonderful melt. Pre-shredded cheeses are coated with cellulose to keep them from clumping together, but that also means it doesn’t melt as well. Pre-shredded will work in a pinch for this pizza, but freshly shredded is best and it’s usually cheaper to buy a block of cheese!
What 3 cheeses go well together? Any time you ‘re blending cheeses, go for three or more with different flavor profiles. For this macintosh and cheese pizza, we found the best jazz band is sharp cheddar ( which adds bite and bluff season ), mozzarella ( which is creamy, dreamy, ooey gooey ), and Parmesan ( which adds a delectable, salty, balmy border ).
Read more: How long is pizza good for in the fridge?
What is the secret to creamy mac and cheese? Whether you ‘re making macintosh and cheese from cancel or doctor that gloomy corner, there are a few secrets to make it supernumerary creamy. Be sure the pasta is cooked just until aluminum dente. Use heavy cream rather of milk. And last, shred the cheese yourself for the perfective smooth and creamy mellow !