This is the quickest way to enjoy a cozy cup of hot cocoa this winter ! Microwave hot chocolate can be made in just minutes. top with marshmallows or crushed candy canes for a gay treat !
The scent is blowing through here today, ushering in freezing temperatures and a few snowflakes. This chilly, blustering weather made me want to start the day with a comforting cup of hot cocoa .
I love any kind of hot chocolate, from peppermint hot cocoa to vegan hot cocoa bombs. Just the other day, we had friends over outside, and the kiddos needed to warm up promptly, so I made a big batch of my classic vegan hot chocolate. I love to get the disposable, insulate, to-go cups so that everyone can warm up outside without interrupting their play.
sometimes you just want a quick cup of cocoa, and that ’ s where this recipe for microwave hot chocolate comes in. It takes merely 3 ingredients and a copulate of minutes to make this easily recipe .
- non-dairy milk of your choice
- unsweetened cocoa powder
Which Non-Dairy Milk to Use
You can try this recipe with any number of non-dairy milks. Coconut milk, rice milk, flax milk, oat milk, soy milk…any of these would be just fine. A neutral taste milk is best to allow the cocoa flavor to come through .
- Out of cocoa powder? Try adding 3 Tablespoons of chocolate chips, and stir until they melt.
- Use any sweetener that you like. Try coconut sugar, maple syrup, or brown sugar.
- I have not tried this with a sugar substitute. If you try that, please let me know!
Step By Step Instructions
- Pour 12 ounces of the milk of your choice into a microwave safe mug. Microwave on high for 75 seconds.
2. Add the boodle and cocoa powderize .
3. Stir briskly until all the carbohydrate and cocoa gunpowder is incorporated .
4. Add miniskirt marshmallows if desired .
That ’ s all there is to it ! Depending on the baron of your microwave, you may need to microwave the milk for more or less prison term. Be surely to cautiously test the temperature of the hot chocolate before drink and particularly earlier giving this to children .
Watch the video recording below to see how comfortable this recipe is :
More Chocolate Recipes
disclosure : This post contains affiliate links .
Microwave Hot Chocolate (Dairy Free).
Cozy up with a cup of hot chocolate made in minutes with the microwave ! This hot chocolate is rich and delicious, and it ‘s dairy free, besides !
non-dairy milk I used so delightful Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
unsweetened cocoa powder
organic cane sugar
Read more: Baked Potato In The Microwave
US Customary – Metric
- Pour the non-dairy milk into a microwave safe mug. Microwave for 75 seconds or until hot. The come of fourth dimension needed may vary depending on your microwave .
- Stir in the unsweetened cocoa powder and boodle. Stir briskly to remove any lumps .
- top with miniskirt marshmallows if desired. love !
Your cook time may vary based on the exponent of your microwave .
Please carefully test the temperature of the hot chocolate before drink, and specially ahead giving to children .
Microwave Hot Chocolate ( Dairy Free ) .
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 1337IU
Vitamin C 24mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .