While we ‘re all pressed for time, we however want that homemade smack, particularly with baked goods like bread and coffee cakes. You might fill those two hours by multitasking, but possibly you want results now .
By using a microwave, you can lop off 1 1/2 hours of rising clock time for a food product that requires two ( 1-hour ) rises and 2 1/4 hours for three rises. With these tips, you can have your cake and eat it, besides !
First Rise Before Shaping
Use the microwave to cut 45 minutes off the foremost emanation of yeast doughs .
- Mix and knead the dough according to the recipe’s instructions. Place the dough in a large, greased microwave-safe bowl. Turn dough upside down to grease the top. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place glass pie pan or another shallow microwave-safe plate in a microwave oven. Pour 1 cup hot water in pan. Place the plastic-covered bowl with the dough in the pan.
- Cook covered on low (10% power) 10 to 14 minutes or until the dough has doubled. Make sure the microwave is set to low power, otherwise the dough will cook from the inside out and will never rise. Proceed to shape the dough as recipe directs unless it requires another rise before baking.
second Rise Before Baking
Use the microwave to cut 45 minutes off the second advance of yeast doughs .
- After shaping the dough per your recipe directions, place it in a glass loaf pan(s) or on nonmetal baking pan(s) that fit in your microwave oven.
- Cook covered loosely with greased plastic wrap on low (10% power) for 5 minutes. Let stand in microwave 10 to 15 minutes or until doubled. Proceed to bake the dough as recipe directs.
optional Third Rise
Some Old-World recipes require three rises. Once the boodle has risen for the first meter, it is punched devour and allowed to rise again. then the dough is shaped as aim and risen again ( see Second Rise Before Baking, above ) before broil .
This polish cheese babka recipe ( Babka Serowa ) is an model of a dough that requires three rises to make a very light crumb. This ukrainian babka recipe besides requires three rises plus about 10 minutes for the sponge to become bubbling .
- Please note that microwave power varies by machine. High power, low power, and hotspots can change the results of your recipes.