Have you ever wanted to bake a patty and all you have is a microwave ? Most people settle for a simpleton short chump coat, but I ’ ve got a Microwave Cake recipe that will get you a lusciously damp layer cake perfect for a little birthday get together. This post contains consort links .
What do you bake a microwave cake in?
You can make this cake using the common 8 x 8 square baking dish. It ’ second always my fit to for cakes and casseroles in the microwave. If you have 9-inch round silicone patty pans, you could besides make this as a round layer patty .
Can you make a microwave cake from a box mix?
Yes ! I have done this with both regular 15-16 oz cake mix boxes like Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker adenine well as with 9 oz boxes of Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake .
If you ’ re using the Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake shuffle, you ’ ll need one box per layer, so a two-layer coat will take 2 boxes. For the 15-16 oz coat mixes, you ’ ll equitable need one box for two layers .
Use the ingredients listed on the corner for each coat desegregate. Plus, you ’ ll need blink of an eye pudding mix to keep it nice and damp .
You will need the larger size box of instantaneous pudding, it will be 5-6 oz. I use vanilla for jaundiced cakes and chocolate for chocolate cakes. When using it for the 9 oz Jiffy Cake mixes, you ’ ll consumption 1/2 the package of instant pudding for each box patty. For the 15-16 oz patty mixes, you ’ ll add the solid box of blink of an eye pudding .
I besides cut a musical composition of parchment paper to fit the bed of the pan .
How do you cook a cake in the microwave?
I make each layer one at a clock using the same pan, so they ’ ll all be the lapp demand size. I wrap each one in credit card wind and put it in the electric refrigerator while the next one cook .
When you cook the cake in the microwave, cook for about 6 minutes and then check the top of the cake. It should look dry with no wet clobber, and it will be pulling aside from the sides of the dish. I find my 1000-watt microwave does best with 7 minutes cooking .
I would recommend starting at 5 or 6 minutes and checking to make certain it ’ sulfur done. then, pop it in the microwave for 1-minute increments until it ’ second done .
How do you decorate a microwave layer cake?
This is wholly up to you. You can make your own fresh buttercream frosting in a sociable or just buy store buy canned frosting. Unless it ’ s a very limited affair, I use memory buy frosting .
From my have with microwave cakes, I think duncan Hines is the best frost for them. When we used Pillsbury, it kept trying to slide off the patty, but Duncan Hines stayed put. however, I do like buying the Pillsbury prefilled pastry bags of frosting to decorate the top once the cake is wholly frosted.
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob
More Microwave Dessert Recipes
1 cake (2 layers)
Microwave Layer Cake
homework time :
cook time :
extra time :
total clock time :
- 2 Jiffy 9 oz cake mixes OR 1 15-16 oz cake mix + ingredients on box (eggs, water, oil, etc.)
- 1 5-6 oz box of instant pudding mix (vanilla for yellow cake / chocolate for chocolate cake)
- 1-2 cans of frosting
- Optional: Pillsbury Prefilled Pastry Bag of Frosting
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit in an 8 x 8 square baking dish (or 9-inch silicone round pan)
- Mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Fill the dish 1/2 full with batter.
- Microwave for 6-7 minutes and check for doneness (dry top and pulling away from sides).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife gently around the sides and invert baking dish onto your hand to gently remove cake.
- Set cake layer on a plate.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for second layer of cake if using Jiffy 9 oz cake
- Clean the baking dish for second layer.
- If using the second half of the batter from larger cake mix, add the parchment paper again and the batter to fill the dish halfway.
- Microwave the cake for 6-7 minutes and check doneness again.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the second layer is cooling, begin frosting the first layer.
- Add the second layer and continue frosting until complete.
- Decorate as you wish.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in a covered dish on the counter for 2-3 days. Refrigerate for up to a week.