One of the many great things about this microwave baked oats recipe is there is no worry with dirtying a single toilet or pan ! very little clean-up is decidedly a succeed in my reserve. I besides love that this recipe uses ingredients that you credibly already have in your pantry. There ’ mho nothing expensive or hard-to-find in this recipe .
The texture is fantastic – more cakey than oaty. You get what I mean, right ? And who doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate love coat ? Cake for breakfast – now that ’ s something I can get down with ! once you learn how easy and delectable this bake oatmeal recipe is, you ’ ll never buy those instantaneous oatmeal packets again !
TikTok baked oats
Have you seen the “ new ” baked oats swerve taking TikTok by storm ? I ’ m not even on TikTok, but I ’ ve still heard about the delicious cake-like baked oats that everyone is trying and loving. This blueberry banana baked oats recipe has been here since 2016, but I decided with the popularity baked oats are getting recently, it was prison term for a little update .
This particular baked oats recipe calls for unblended antique oats. however, the oats for TikTok baked oats are blended into oat flour and then baked in the oven. precisely like this recipe, you can completely customize the TikTok recipe, get the health benefits of oats, and feed cake ! I have some good news program excessively. If want to try the TikTok oats with this recipe, go for it ! Simply blend the oats or use oat flour and then combine with the other ingredients precisely like in the instructions .
If you like your oatmeal gooey, cook it for a little less time and it ’ s kind of like an underbaked oatmeal cookie. If you want your broil oats to be more like cake, cook the oatmeal a little longer and until it ’ s cake-like and downy. Yum !
ingredients for microwave baked oats
This microwave oatmeal recipe is bare and aboveboard. here ’ s what you ’ ll be need :
- Oats. The base of this microwave oatmeal is made with old-fashioned rolled oats. Do not use steel cut oats as the texture will not be the same.
- Ground flax seed. Adds an extra boost of fiber.
- Egg. One egg will hold all of the ingredients together and give the oatmeal more of a cake-like texture.
- Milk. I like to use cashew or almond milk when I make oatmeal, but any milk will work.
- Banana. Just a bit of banana will help to naturally sweeten and add moisture to the oatmeal.
- Cinnamon. For cozy flavoring!
- Maple syrup. Adds sweetness and deliciousness to the oatmeal. You could use honey instead.
- Blueberries. The star of the show! There’s bursts of juicy blueberries in every bite. I always use fresh blueberries, but I’m sure frozen would work.
how to make baked oats in the microwave
Making this bake oats recipe couldn ’ thymine be easier ! here ’ s a immediate summation of the process, but for full instructions, reference the recipe card at the bottom of the post .
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries in a large microwave-safe mug (or small bowl) that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Then, stir in the blueberries. Tip: If you’re wanting to make the TikTok baked oats, be sure to blend your oats into flour or use oat flour before combining with the other ingredients.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Your oatmeal is ready for you to enjoy! I like to add a splash of milk and some peanut or almond butter. Feel free to add a little maple syrup, if you’d like your oatmeal sweeter.
customize your oatmeal
One of my favorite things about making oatmeal recipes is that they are a canvas for whatever flavors you like .
- Fruits. Swap the blueberries for any other favorite fruit – apples, pears, peaches, or strawberries.
- Spices. Instead of cinnamon, try nutmeg, apple pie spice or allspice.
- Mix-ins. In addition to the fruit, try adding a handful of toasted shredded coconut, chocolate chips or nuts.
- Toppings. Top your oatmeal with maple syrup, peanut butter, yogurt or whipped cream.
I typically just eat the broil oats on their own – they are batch comforting. But this oatmeal recipe does couple well with a diverseness of breakfast sides. Below are some tasty options :
- Hash browns or breakfast potatoes
- Fresh fruit or fruit salad
- Bacon, sausage, or ham
can you serve baked oats cold?
decidedly ! truth time : sometimes I make this oatmeal the night before and store it in the electric refrigerator overnight. In the good morning, after my exercise, I eat it cold right out of the refrigerator. It ’ s surprisingly tasty that way, particularly if you need a quick bite after a exercise or an easy nosh fix .
however you choose to enjoy it, barely make certain you try this bake oats recipe soon. Your mornings will be better and bright for it .
how to store baked oats
This microwave oatmeal recipe is best consume square away, but if you ’ d like to prep it ahead of clock time you can .
You can cover your mug with plastic wind or thwart and store it in the refrigerator for up to about 3 days .
You can besides prep the batter the night before and microwave in the dawn .
To Reheat: Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes and until heated through .
If you ’ re a sports fan of microwave chump recipes, you absolutely must try my Cinnamon Roll Microwave Mug Cake ! It ’ s a major fan darling and for good reason !
more healthy breakfast recipes
Almond Joy Baked Oatmeal
Healthy Breakfast Casserole
Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Muffins
Chocolate Protein Shake
If you try this microwave baked oats recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Blueberry Banana Microwave Baked Oats
Blueberry Banana Microwave Baked Oats is a single serving of baked oatmeal made quick and easy in the microwave. The perfect recipe for those of you wanting to try the TikTok baked oats trend and great if you have little time for breakfast or anyone having to cook without a stove. Not only is this oatmeal recipe super simple to make, it’s nutritious and SO delicious. This new microwave mug recipe is a must try!
- 1/2 cup antique rolled oats*
- 1 tablespoon earth flax seed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk**
- 1/3 banana, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries***
Spray a medium to large microwave-safe mug or small bowl with cooking spray and inside combine all ingredients except blueberries. Then, stir in blueberries.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. ( I checked my chump at 2 minutes and then let it cook 1 infinitesimal more. )
- Stir in extra milk, yogurt or nut butter ; if desired .
Read more: Microwave Baked Potato – Baking Mischief
*Use certified gluten-free oats as needed. promptly cooking oats work excessively, if that ‘s what you have available. To try the TikTok vogue, blend the oats in a blender before combing them with the other ingredients.
**Use any milk intersection that you prefer.
***I have not tried using freeze blueberries, but I ‘m indisputable it would work barely fine. You could besides try using raspberries, dice strawberries or halve blackberries .
Photos by Molly at Yes to Yolks
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @ kimscravings on Instagram and be surely to subscribe to our mailing tilt to receive more goodly and delectable recipes straight to your inbox !
This recipe was originally published January 2016. It was updated with new content May 2021 .