Did you know you can easily soften apples in the microwave for a delectable dessert to satisfy your sweetness tooth. This dim-witted recipe entirely uses 4 ingredients and can be prepared in 5 minutes from start to finish.
Reading: Cinnamon Microwave Apples
These cinnamon apples taste similar to apple proto-indo european occupy. Tender wrinkle apples cooked with cinnamon, sugar, and a little butter .
Why this recipe works
- Super fast and easy dessert. Great for a single serving dessert.
- Easy clean-up. A wonderful one bowl recipe.
- Microwave baked apples are a budget friendly recipe. Only 4 ingredients you probably already have at home.
Apples – I recommend using a firm apple like Honeycrisp or Granny Smith apples but Gala apples, Pink Lady, Fuji, and others besides work well .
Cinnamon – Use grate cinnamon or utility with apple pie zest, or pumpkin pie spice .
Brown sugar – Sugar is optional. I like using clean brown but benighted embrown sugar will besides work. You can leave it out completely or substitute with white sugar, Stevia, beloved, maple syrup, or another sweetening of your choice .
Butter – Butter adds a nice richness to the apples. It besides helps to form a “ sauce ” for the apples. butter can be left out if needed .
How to make microwave apples
Step one: Clean, kernel, peel, and chop apples into bite-sized chunks. Place them in a microwave bowl .
Step two: Stir in cinnamon, butter, and brown carbohydrate. Cover bowling ball with plastic wrap leaving a little unfold for steam to escape .
Step three: Microwave apples for 2-4 minutes. The length of time will depend on how indulgent you like your apples and the size of your apples .
- Try using a vegetable peeler to remove the apple skin.
- If you would prefer less sugar, feel free to leave out the brown sugar.
- This can also be made using apple slices or even cooked as a whole apple.
- The cooking time will depend on the size of your apples and the wattage of the microwave. 2 minutes should give you nice, tender crisp apples. If you like yours softer cook 3-4 minutes.
- This recipe is for one serving. If you would like to cook additional apples you might need to increase cook time.
How to store leftovers
Store any leftover microwave cinnamon apples in an airtight container or ziploc bulge in the refrigerator for up to 3 days .
To reheat, microwave for approximately 30 seconds or until affectionate .
Cinnamon apples topping ideas
Want to add a fiddling something extra to your cook apples try topping with :
- A scoop of ice cream like vanilla or butter pecan.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Chopped nuts like pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
- Crumbled graham crackers or crumbled vanilla wafers.
- Use them to top a bowl of oatmeal.
- As a topping for pancakes, waffles, or crepes.
- Serve as a quick side dish for pork chops.
How do I know when apples are done?
Test the apples by poking them with a fork. The crotch should be able to go into the apples easily .
More microwave recipes
- Microwave carrots – An easy way to cook carrots for a simple side dish.
- Microwave spaghetti squash – Cook spaghetti squash in the microwave in minutes.
- Microwave cauliflower – A quick and easy vegetable side dish.
- Microwave acorn squash – Sweet or savory acorn squash in the microwave.
- Ramen in the microwave – Learn how to cook ramen in the microwave.
Let me know if you tried these apples in the comments below .
No ratings so far
Cinnamon Microwave Apples
Easy and delicious cinnamon microwave apples.
- 1 large apple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon embrown carbohydrate
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Clean, peel, and chop apples into bite-sized chunks. Place in a microwave safe bowl.
Place cinnamon, butter, and sugar in the bowl with the apples. Give the apple a stir.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Make sure it’s vented a little or poke holes in the plastic wrap.
Microwave for 2-4 minutes depending on how soft you like your apples. Carefully remove from the microwave and give it a stir.
Serve apples warm.
The cook time may vary depending on the side of the apple pieces and the microwave being used. Check the apples at 2 minutes and add time as needed.
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
Read more: Baked Potato In The Microwave
Tried this recipe ? Follow me @ foodlovinfamily or tag # foodlovinfamily