Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our fully disclosure policy here. You ’ re going to love this Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe !
Calling all Taco Bell fans!
We ’ ra over the moon that Taco Bell ’ s Mexican Pizza is ultimately returning after a heartwrenching hiatus. To celebrate, we ’ re making a copycat Taco Bell Mexican pizza recipe similar to the Taco Bell interpretation. It is such a fun and comfortable dinner estimate ! In fact, I ’ thousand good gon na admit this easy-to-make homemade version is flush more fantastic and makes my talk water barely writing about it .
It has a bivalent layer of crisp fried tortillas, greaser seasoned kernel, refried beans, enchilada sauce, and is topped with melt cheese, toppings, and of course Taco Bell hot sauce .
Taco Bell vs Homemade Mexican Pizza
I love that when creating your at-home adaptation, you can completely customize the toppings and actually make it a meal your syndicate will love – using the type of ingredients you enjoy ! Everyone can make it equally blue as they like, and you can besides opt to skip the kernel and habit beans only as a meatless choice .
This simple homemade version is even better than the actual thing, in my opinion !
Hip tips for making your own Taco Bell Mexican Pizza:
- Look for Taco Bell brand food items in-store! I found Taco Bell hot sauce and refried beans at my local grocery store.
- Love the finely ground texture of Taco Bell ground beef? Use a potato masher when cooking it on the stove, and add a little extra water to the meat. You can even throw it in a food processor after cooking if desired to get that same super-fine texture.
- Frying tortillas in a little oil is actually very easy! It’s worth the little bit of extra effort to get a crispy tortilla because it tastes THAT much better! I’m thinking you could also spray a tortilla with cooking spray instead, and throw it in the air fryer if you didn’t want to fry them as a similar alternative.
- Make your own taco seasoning! It’s super easy to mix together with seasonings that you may already have on hand, or you could use a store-bought packet.
Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
output : 4 helping
homework time : 25 MINUTES
cook time : 10 MINUTES
sum time : 35 MINUTES
This crispy mexican style pizza with enchilada sauce, taco seasoned meat, beans, and cheese is so easy to make at home!
- 8 – 8 inch flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pound ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- Additional topping as desired: tomatoes, green onion, olives, etc.
1 Place a medium-sized frying pan on the stave, and pour vegetable petroleum about 1/4 column inch cryptic into the frying pan. Heat the petroleum to medium/high heat until sizzling, but not smoking. stead a single tortilla in the oil using tongs, and fry for about 30 seconds until browned on each side. Transfer the tortilla to a composition towel to drain the grease. recur with the rest of the tortilla, and set them aside .
2 To the frying pan on the stave, cook grind gripe, and squash kernel identical finely using a potato masher. Drain the grease. Season with greaser season, and add water. Let simmer for a few minutes, and remove from heat .
3 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add 4 of the crisp flour tortilla to a sheet pan, and spread a layer of beans onto each tortilla. Add the labor gripe to each tortilla. top each mexican pizza with a 2nd tortilla. Spoon enchilada sauce over the top, and then sprinkle chopped tall mallow over the top of each .
4 position pizza in the oven for about 10 minutes or until tall mallow is bubbling and melted. Take out of the oven, and then top with any extra toppings like chop tomato, k onion, and olives. Enjoy warm .
Brought to you by Hip2Save.
Serve up a “ Pizza ” topped with melted cheese taco heaven !
Ohhh, my goodness… these are sol good. My kids happen to love Taco Bell and were decidedly boastful fans of this estimate. My husband worked belated and had to reheat his using our air fryer, and it hush tasted equitable as delectable re-heated that means. overall, I loved the taste of the enchilada sauce, with the beans and crispy tortilla- this is a winner !
Make dinner a fiesta with this Ramen Noodle Taco Bowl !