Skip takeout and combine your favorites into one tasty dish !
Reading: Cheeseburger Pizza
Homemade cheeseburger pizza is made with season flat coat gripe, limited sauce, onions, peppers, melty mozzarella, and smoky gouda tall mallow. Wowza !
Two favorite foods — cheeseburgers and pizza — collide to make one delightful and playfulness family-friendly meal .
Recreate this recipe as-is or try one of the season variations listed down below. You could tied set out a assortment of toppings and have a “ produce your own ” pizza party !
once you learn how to make pizza at home, you ’ ll never want to pay those pizzeria prices again. Try even more delicious and creative flavors with my BLT, Arugula Prosciutto, and Chicken Florentine recipes .
Key ingredients & substitutions for Cheeseburger Pizza
- Refrigerated dough — Cut down on prep by starting with a ready-made dough for the crust. You can also use a homemade version if you prefer! Be sure to let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before stretching it into shape.
- Ground beef — Choose a lean blend to limit the amount of grease and be sure to drain any extra from the pan. You could even use a plant-based alternative for a vegetarian option.
- Ketchup and mustard — This combo is what really makes your hamburger pizza taste like the real thing. Even if you aren’t a fan of mustard, I highly recommend leaving it in for the tang it adds to each bite.
- Steak seasoning — Use whichever blend you typically use on your burgers and steaks! You only need about a teaspoon.
- Cheese — Shredded mozzarella creates the classic gooey layer, while smoked gouda adds extra flavor!
- Veggies — Red onions are sweeter and milder than yellow or white varieties, and banana pepper rings add just the right amount of heat. You can also swap the peppers for pickles if you prefer.
- Add some bacon. Fry and crumble a few slices to add with the other toppings.
- Use Russian dressing. Instead of the ketchup-mustard mixture, substitute bottled Russian or Thousand Island dressing as the sauce.
- Serve up The Works! Top your cheeseburger pizza with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and pickles after you pull it out of the oven.
- Try a Tex-Mex twist. Substitute taco sauce for the ketchup-mustard sauce, Pepper Jack cheese in place of the smoked Gouda, and pickled jalapeño slices for the banana peppers.
How to make hamburger pizza?
STEP 1 | Prep the ingredients
Stretch the dough onto a prepare pan and mix up the sauce. Brown the ground beef, then bustle in the steak season, salt, and a fiddling piece of the sauce .
STEP 2 | Add the sauce
Spread half of the remaining ketchup-mustard mix evenly over the dough, then brush the edges with olive oil .
STEP 3 | Cover with toppings
Sprinkle on half of the tall mallow. Add the ground gripe mixture, diced onions, and banana pepper rings. top with remaining cheese .
STEP 4 | Bake
fudge for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden and the tall mallow is bubbling. Drizzle with the remaining sauce, then cut and serve !
Tips for making pizza at home
- Start with a hot oven — at least 475 degrees. Pizzas need to bake hot and fast!
- Lightly coat your pizza pan with cooking spray, then sprinkle evenly with a tablespoon of cornmeal before adding the crust. This will prevent the dough from sticking and will result in a crisper crust on the bottom.
- If you’ll be using a stone, place it in the oven to preheat first. Build the hamburger pizza on a piece of parchment, then carefully transfer it to the stone to bake.
- Stretch, don’t roll. Using a rolling pin to shape your crust will make it tough and cause it to deflate. Instead, lift and stretch the dough until it is the size you need.
Frequently asked questions
What kind of sauce is on cheeseburger pizza? My homemade recipe uses the classical burger spreads — catsup and mustard. Some range restaurants use a combination of mayonnaise and catsup or a unavowed blend of piquant ingredients. How do I make the bottom of my pizza crispy? Avoid a inert crust by making indisputable you merely use a thin level of sauce, precook kernel toppings, and add a scatter of cornmeal to the pan before baking. If you like yours a little extra crisp, bake your hamburger pizza on a extort in the lower third of your oven. Do you cook pizza dough before adding toppings? Since we prefer dilute crust, I don ’ thyroxine find that cooking the dough before adding the toppings is necessary. That being said, if you prefer a slurred crust, you may want to pre-bake the crust for 5 minutes before loading it up with your toppings .
Cheeseburger pizza: behind the recipe
We have some pretty serious pizza aficionado in our family. Our daughter and son-in-law got an outdoor pizza oven as a marriage give, allowing them to perfect their homemade dough recipe and come up with all kinds of topping combinations .
Of course, I was happy to act as their personal taster for pepperoni, pulled pork bbq, and margherita pizza. This cheeseburger pizza recipe, however, equitable had to be shared !
Your shares are how this site grows and I appreciate each one. Do you know person who would enjoy this recipe ? I ’ five hundred love it if you would share it on Facebook or on your front-runner Pinterest board !
Two favorite foods—cheeseburgers and pizza—collide to make one delicious and fun family-friendly meal!
- 12 ounces Refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 pound lean grind gripe
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda tall mallow
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella tall mallow
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup banana pepper rings
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. lightly coat a non-stick pizza pan with cook spray and sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Transfer the pizza boodle to the pan and press it to 1/8-inch thickness for thin crust or to 1/4-inch thickness for thick crust pizza .
- In a big frying pan over medium high heat, cook and crumble the background gripe until no longer pink. Drain off the dirt .
- In a humble bowl, whisk together the catsup and mustard. Stir 2 tablespoons of this sauce into the background gripe along with the steak season and salt .
- Brush about half of the remaining sauce evenly over the pizza boodle and brush the edges of the boodle with olive vegetable oil .
- Sprinkle half the smoke gouda and half the mozzarella cheese on circus tent of the sauce, then add the grate beef mixture. top with the dice onions, banana pepper rings, and the remaining cheese .
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted and bubbling .
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining sauce and serve .
Let refrigerated pizza dough sit down at board temperature for at least 30 minutes before stretching into form .
If using a pizza stone, rate it in the oven to preheat beginning. Shape the pizza dough on parchment newspaper and transfer carefully to the hot stone to bake .
easy recipe, gouda, ground beef, mozzarella, pizza, pizza dough
Tried this recipe ?Let us know how it was.
About Sheila Thigpen
Recipe Developer, Food Photographer, Food Writer Sheila Thigpen is the publisher of Life, Love, and Good Food — a southern food web log — and the writer of Easy Chicken Cookbook and The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook. After 20+ years in the print diligence, she retired in 2018 to focus on her own creative endeavors broad meter. She and her conserve live near the beautiful Smoky Mountains and have a cute little granddaughter who has stolen their hearts. As an influencer, Sheila has collaborated with brands like Creamette, Kroger, HERSHEY ’ S, Hamilton Beach, Garafalo Pasta, OXO, Smithfield, Valley Fig Growers, and more.