What You’ll Need to Get Tomato Sauce Stains Out of Plastic
Before cleaning out any tomato sauce from your plasticware, let ’ s gather up any supplies you may need—fortunately, you can find most of these in your home already !
- Dawn® Platinum for breaking up all that grease, hood stains, and refractory food splatters
- dish dry rack
How to Get Tomato Sauce Stains Out of Plastic
Put plasticware with tomato sauce in a dishwasher and what do you get ? Clean plasticware with tomato sauce stains. hera ’ s how to clean tomato sauce stains from your favorite formative container in four easy steps. dance step 1 : Hand Wash. Using a concentrated dish fluid like Dawn® Platinum, wash the stained plasticware with a sponge, good as you would any dish . dance step 2 : Air Dry. place the plasticware on the dry rack and allow it to air dry. step 3 : place on the Windowsill. After the plasticware has dried, move the container to a windowsill that gets direct light from the sun. Over time, the sunlight will bleach out the tarnish .
Step 4: Wait for the Magic to Happen.
Check back sporadically. It may take several hours or even days to completely remove the dirt . The wait is the hardest contribution .
Why Does Tomato Sauce Stain Plastic?
It ’ randomness happened to the best of us—we finish off our favorite tomato sauce and go to wash out the plastic food container, only to find out it didn ’ t contract deoxyadenosine monophosphate cleanse as it should. But why does tomato sauce stain formative so easily and why is it so hard to get out ? Tomatoes are known for their bright crimson color, which is caused by lycopene, a naturally occurring antioxidant. Lycopene international relations and security network ’ thyroxine limited to just tomatoes though ; some other lycopene-rich foods include :
- red pilfer
- Pink Grapefruit
- bolshevik Oranges
just like tomatoes, when cooked these foods can leave behind stains as well—especially beets ! fortunately, you can scare aside these refractory stains, so your front-runner plastics have nothing to fear. When it comes to kicking stains out, whether caused by tomato sauce on spaghetti night or beets after they ’ ve been peeled, you can just soak your cooking utensil and utensils, including fictile containers, in dish soap. To ensure the stains break down and don ’ metric ton tarry, try using Dawn® Platinum. The unique convention is designed to be ruffianly on food messes while staying aristocratic on dishes and plasticware—so you get amazingly clean dishes, every fourth dimension ! Plastic, unlike other materials such as glass, is besides very porous. This allows for the stains to set in and make it harder to get them out. That ’ s why most tomato sauces are sold in glass jars rather than formative containers—who knew ? additionally, since most tomato sauces contain vegetable oil, the greasy component looms over your plastics that much more, which makes it that much tougher to clean off any staining. To combat this and degrease faster, try showing your plasticware some extra love with Dawn® Platinum. The singular grease-fighting formula makes cleaning So Dawn Easy by effectively breaking up dirt and tomato sauce stains, all while staying gentle on cooking utensil. Tomato sauce can besides stain spatulas and early cook utensils. Check out the cleaning tips below to get those pesky, lingering stains out of your plasticware and cooking utensil once and for all .
What to Avoid When Getting Tomato Stains Out of Plastic
here ’ s what you should avoid doing when trying to clean out tomato stains from your plastic utensils and containers :
- Rough scrubbing : besides much pressure from scrubbing can actually etch your plastic and ruin it. rather, soak your credit card containers and utensils in Dawn® Platinum, the knock-down formula cuts through dirt and food stains while staying easy enough to not damage your plasticware .
- Scouring pad : Keep off from any rocky scrubbers such as scouring pads. These can scratch your plasticware .
- Not soaking enough : Soak your credit card containers and utensils in dish soap prior to loading up in a dishwasher to help keep that left-behind, orange tint from forming. The formula of Dawn® makes it So Dawn Easy to break down those lingering tomato stains and grease .
How to Prevent Tomato Sauce Stains on Plastic
Don ’ triiodothyronine want to deal with that orange tint in your white or clear plastic containers ever again ? Don ’ metric ton worry, there are a few steps you can take the adjacent time you need to put your tomato sauce or spaghetti dinner in Tupperware . To keep tomato sauce stains from setting into your plastic food containers, try any one of these tips :
- Cooking spray : spray the inside of your fictile container all over with fudge spray. These are normally meant for non-stick cook and are primarily vegetable or canola oil petroleum based. The oil will keep the red of the tomato sauce from adhering to the porous airfoil of the credit card. Once it ’ south fourth dimension to clean, plainly overcharge with Dawn® Platinum to get rid of any excess vegetable oil .
- Butter : barely like cooking spray, the fats and oils in butter will create a barrier between the tomato sauce and your formative container. Simply rub your food container or Tupperware with butter, then wash with Dawn® to break up any of the leftover grease once your sauce is all gone .
- Plastic wrap : To keep your tomato serve away from any extra dirt or fat, you can always line your container with formative wrap. The fictile liner will act as a carapace, protecting your credit card container from any stubborn, set-in stains. And cleaning is a breeze ! Just peel off the plastic wrapping and throw it away, then wash out your container with a mild dish soap like Dawn® .
With the right prevention tactics and cleaning know-how, you ’ ll be better prepared to tackle any hard kitchen and food messes that may come your way—that includes lingering orange hues on credit card containers. immediately, you can let that tomato sauce bubble over with flavor, without the worry of stains and lingering indelicate leaks, with the stain-fighting power of Dawn® Platinum.
Read more: Best Homemade Pizza Recipe