Soft, Fluffy, Perfect and FAST! Perfect microwave rice is in your reach in just minutes! Besides, this is microwave rice WITHOUT a rice cooker!
Why This Recipe Works
- Uses stuff you already have at home!
Here’s How It’s Done
Wash the rice and then drain .
Add the water and rice to the bowl .
Add the butter, strategic arms limitation talks and pepper
Cover with a discus ( or plastic wrap ) .
Microwave for 9 minutes, allow to rest with the lid on for 3 minutes .
Fluff with a branch
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How To Microwave Rice.
Wash rice by rinsing three times, drain. place 1 Cup washed rice into microwave bowling ball with 2 Cups of water. Add 1 terabit butter, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp capsicum. Microwave rice, covered ( disk or plastic wind ) for 9 minutes, respite for 3 minutes, fluff rice with a fork .
Can You Cook Rice In The Microwave?
Yes, I Got Rice Cooking In The Microwave (right now) ~ Thanks Travis Tritt for the rice cook in the microwave song ! The perfective microwave rice recipe is upon you !
What If I Don’t Have a Microwave Rice Cooker?
No problem, if you have a bowl, you have a microwave rice cooker !
How Do I Make Rice In The Microwave?
simple, you cook rice in the microwave by :
- Adding water to the rice
- Microwaving according to the recipe below. It’s so EASY!
What Types of Rice Can I Microwave?
These are the types of rice that work best for this method acting :
- Jasmine Rice
- long Grain White Rice
Cooking Rice in the Microwave vs Microwave Rice Pouches
adenine far as I can tell, there are two main differences :
- Microwave Rice Pouches are WAY MORE EXPENSIVE for the amount of rice you get .
- Microwave Rice Pouches will burn the heck out of your fingers if you aren ’ t careful. Just sayin .
Can I Microwave Rice In a Bowl?
Sure Can! Keep reading for the instructions .
Why Do I Need To Rinse Rice First?
Won ’ triiodothyronine I be washing away the nutrients ?
Rice is harvested in such a means that it is impossible to wash it before box ( washing would lead to credibly mold ) .
consequently, the rice you purchase is cold and needs a gargle .
How Do I Wash Rice?
One of these two ways…
- Place rice in a kitchen strainer and run water over until the water runs net
- Place rice in a bowl and pour urine over 2-3 times pouring the water off each time and swishing the rice about in the bowl with your fingers .
How Much Water Do I Add to Rice to Microwave it?
In general, you can
add water to 1 inch above the level of the rice in your microwave bowl .
the sum of water is about a 1:2 ratio .
so, if you are cooking 1 cup of rice, then you will use 2 cups of water .
How To Microwave Rice
- Place Jasmine, Basmati or a long Grain White Rice in a kitchen strainer and gargle until the water runs clear. Drain Well. OR. Put rice in a bowl and pour body of water over it 2-3 times swishing it and pouring it off as you go .
- After the rice is washed, add adequate water so that the water covers the rice by 1 edge. ( if you want to measure your rice, then measure out the rice you want and add double the sum of water ) .
- Add salt, pepper and butter .
- Cover with a dish or patch of plastic wind .
- Microwave for 9 minutes, then let pillow for 3 minutes. then fluff with a fork .
PRO TIP: Use chicken broth alternatively of water for more season !
How Can I Add MORE Flavor to My Microwave Rice?
There are many great flavorings that you can add to rice…
- Tomato Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- onion powder
- italian Seasonings
- fish Sauce
- Any and All Veggies – Carrots and Peas are peculiarly pretty .
How To Reheat Rice in the Microwave
To reheat… ,
- Add a few tablespoons of water system to the rice ,
- blanket with a saucer or piece of plastic wrapping .
- Use a toothpick and poke a few holes in the plastic wrap .
- heat for 1-2 minutes ( depending on how much rice you are reheating and how knock-down your microwave is ) .
- reprise in 30 irregular intervals until heated like you want .
Be careful removing from the microwave, it might be HOT !
***Just be forewarned that if the rice sat out besides long to begin with ( more than 2 hours ), you need to throw it away as it can harbor bacteria – but this is the lapp with all foods***
Is It Safe To Reheat Rice In The Microwave?
Yes, it is condom ! Just consumption caution and follow the instructions I give above .
How Long Is Rice Good For?
- A bag of rice from the grocery store should have an expiration date on it (rice lasts a long time, actually).
- Once cooked, your rice is good if kept refrigerated for about 5 days.
- Do not let rice sit out for more than 2 hours.
What Can I Serve With Microwave Rice?
Rice is lovely with this Oven Baked Chicken or Pinto Beans or even Beanie Weenies !
Tips and Tricks for Microwave Rice
- Wash the rice well and then drain it well before adding the water that you will cook the rice in.
- Think about the ultimate flavor that you want for your dish and add some of the flavors while it is cooking if you can.
- You can make rice for just one person or two people, no problem! Just microwave the amount you want to eat. It puffs up to about twice the size.
- Consider eating sweet rice (that’s how my husband from Virginia eats it), with sugar on top.
If You Enjoyed This Microwave Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy One of These Other Microwave Recipes….
How to Microwave Eggs
How to Microwave Corn on the Cob
Microwave Hot Dogs
Microwave Spaghetti Squash
Or ANY of our Easy Comfort Foods !
Other Rice Recipes at Loaves and Dishes…
Restaurant Style Chicken Fried Rice
Mom ’ s Holiday Brown Rice
15 Minute Beef and Rice Corn Burrito
2 Ingredient Fast Holiday Rice
Zesty Chicken and Rice
green Chili Rice
YA’LL HELP ME OUT, OK?
Please leave me a comment and 5 STAR ( 🌟 🌟🌟🌟 🌟 ) review, I ALWAYS love to hear from you and your comments MAKE MY day ! ( Plus, it helps me out by letting everyone know that this is the place to find full recipes ! )
Soft, Fluffy, Perfect and FAST ! Perfect microwave rice is in your reach in good minutes ! Besides, this is microwave rice WITHOUT a rice cooker !
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
- 1 cup jasmine Basmati or Long Grain White Rice
- 2 Cups of Water plus extra for washing
- 1 tuberculosis butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place Jasmine, Basmati or a long Grain White Rice in a kitchen strainer and rinse until the water system runs absolved. Drain Well. OPut rice in a bowl and decant water over it 2-3 times swishing it and pouring it off as you go .
- After the rice is washed, add enough water so that the body of water covers the rice by 1 column inch. ( if you want to measure your rice, then measure out the rice you want and add double the come of water ) .
- Add salt, pepper and butter .
- Cover with a disk or nibble of fictile envelop .
- Microwave for 9 minutes, then let respite for 3 minutes. then fluff with a pitchfork .
- To make your rice WITHOUT measuring the water, simply fill the bowl to one inch above the rice with water.
- Add more flavor to your rice by using chicken stock or chicken broth instead of water.
- You can add a lot more flavor to your rice by adding some garlic powder, onion powder, season all salt, tomato puree or a chicken bouillon cube.
PRO TIP: The clandestine to in truth good rice is to have the right come of water. not besides wet and not excessively dry. After rinsing your rice, drain it very well and then cook as directed. If it seems excessively wet after your downy with the pitchfork, put it back in the microwave for 1 minute and repeat the botch .
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 89IU
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .
Tried this recipe ?
Read more: Baked Potato In The Microwave
Mention @ loavesanddishes or tag # loavesanddishes