Use this delightful popcorn recipe to make Chocolate Covered Caramel Corn. Or try a batch of Payday Caramel Corn for the holidays !
Why Make Homemade Popcorn
A bowl of impertinently popped popcorn is a must have for movie night at my house. The storehouse bought microwave popcorn bags never do it for me with all of that imposter sample “ butter ” clear .
Homemade popcorn is not only well for you, with lots of wholly grains and no preservatives, it ’ second way less expensive excessively ! For the price of one storehouse bought bag of microwave popcorn, we can have 5 bowl of the homemade thrust.
Reading: Microwave Popcorn
I have made–and loved–stove top popcorn before, but when I ’ megabyte trying to make a immediate bite, I far prefer this microwave popcorn method acting .
This popcorn recipe is oil free and has only one component : popcorn kernels!
once your kernels are popped, you can dress them up however you like with dissolve butter, ocean salt, cheese and any other of your favorite popcorn toppings .
Use this steer for how to make popcorn in the microwave to make arrant popcorn every time. The popcorn is downy and slightly crispy, with no sunburn pieces and without requiring anymore effort than the shop bought bags .
I use this base recipe before making Homemade Caramel Corn ! It comes out perfective. besides great for Cracker Jacks – I make my own version .
I love that I can control precisely how much butter and salt go onto my popcorn when I make it at home. You can evening just sprinkle it with salt for a low calorie fat release treat .
Unlike stove exceed methods of popcorn make, you don ’ t need any vegetable oil to make it in the microwave !
adenine far as snacks go, popcorn is a fairly healthy choice with lots of fiber per serving. Since I ’ ve never met anyone who doesn ’ thymine sleep together to snack on popcorn, it ’ mho always a good choice !
Two Methods for Microwave Popcorn
You can make popcorn in the microwave two ways :
- With a paper bag
- In a glass bowl
Which is better? I have used both methods respective times and like them both just the lapp .
The glass bowl method is dainty when I ’ ve run out of bags, and it besides takes out one step between popping and serving. Some people are besides nervous about cooking paper bagsin the microwave .
The paper bag method is amazing when I want to make popcorn we can take on the run low. Or ( substantial spill ) if I ’ ve forgotten to wash the dishes and we have no more clean bowl. I ’ m only human .
How to make popcorn in a bag
Grab an ordinary paper lunch displace and standard in 1/3 of a cup of popcorn kernels .
WARNING: Do not use paper bags that are made from recycled materials in the microwave!
Fold down the top of the bag doubly to keep the kernels in while they pop .
Microwave for 90 seconds on high power. Listen to the popcorn as it pops and take it out if you start to notice more than one or two seconds between pops .
Remove the base from the microwave and add any toppings you like. You can temper the popcorn correct in the base or pour it into a serving stadium foremost .
Be careful when opening the bag as the steam escaping will be hot!
How to make microwave popcorn using a bowl
Add 1/2 cup of kernels to a glass microwave safe bowl .
Fit a microwave safe dinner plate over the top of the bowl, making sure it covers any gaps arsenic well as possible .
Microwave for 5 minutes at full might or until you hear 1 – 2 seconds between pops .
carefully remove the bowl and the plate ( it will be hot ! ). Add desired toppings and serve !
Tips and Tricks
- Keep a close ear on the popcorn as it pops. It’s better to have a few unpopped kernels than a whole bowl of burnt popcorn!
- Monitor the paper bag closely. It can catch on fire if you leave it in too long.
- Adjusting serving size: This recipe yields 3 cups of popped corn. You can double this recipe using the bowl method, as long as your bowl is large enough–you may need to leave it in for a few more seconds.
- Some stores also sell popcorn in the bulk bins which means you’ll save even more on your snacking!
- Use this recipe to make our soft and chewy popcorn balls!
What kind of popcorn do you use for microwave popcorn? Use plain popping corn for this recipe. Look for either whiten toss off corn or yellow kernel popping corn. You ’ ll find it at the grocery store storehouse next to the microwave popcorn bags. Is microwave popcorn healthy? This microwave popcorn recipe is made with only one ingredient. Popcorn Kernels ! Is it safe to use a paper bag in the microwave? Do not use composition bags in the microwave that have been made from recycle materials. These can be flammable. If diffident, use the glass bowl method described above.
Microwave Popcorn Toppings
Your popcorn is your canvas ! here are a few delicious popcorn topping ideas for how to dress up your popcorn .
- Melted butter and sea salt
- Olive oil or melted coconut oil with salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Taco Seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Toss with chocolate chips and sea salt for a sweet and salty treat
More Easy Snack Recipes
Continue to Content
Yield: 3 cups
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
PinPrint never overspend on Microwave Popcorn from the store again ! Learn how to make popcorn in the microwave from cancel with these two easy methods. No popcorn popper needed !
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels
- Place ⅓ cup popcorn kernels in a paper lunch sack. Fold the top down making 2 folds.
- Set the bag upright in the microwave. If the bag tips over while the popcorn is popping, it’s ok. It will not affect the popcorn.
- Microwave for 1 and-a-half minutes or until there is 1-2 seconds between popping kernels. It is better to have a few unpopped kernels than a whole bag of burned popcorn.
- Always monitor the popping process. Leaving the bag unattended and microwaving for too long may result in fire.
- After the popcorn is done popping, remove the bag and add desired toppings.
- You can also make this using a glass microwave safe bowl. Place ½ cup popcorn kernels in bowl. Cover bowl with microwave safe plate. Microwave for 2-5 minutes, or until there is 1-2 seconds between popping kernels. (*mine took exactly 5 minutes). Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave. It will be hot. Serve with desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving:
*Nutrition facts are an appraisal and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a register dietician for particular diet advice .
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the web log or plowshare a photograph on Instagram
Skip the storehouse bought preservative load microwave popcorn and make your own goodly interpretation for just pennies ! Movie night merely got a lot tastier .