We seem to eat a distribute of pizza. I often make flat boodle Pizza and Stovetop Pizza for a quick lunch, whilst a more traditional pizza will normally appear at dinner on Friday nights. sometimes though, all I truly want to do is open a box and throw a ready made pizza into the oven. unfortunately, as most freeze pizza taste like cardboard, and have a countless of mystery toppings, pizza from a box is not an option. With good takeout pizza ( my fall-back option ) being quite expensive, you can imagine how happy I was to discover it truly was possible to make my own homemade frigid pizza .
I beginning came across the idea of making my own freeze pizza in this post from The Kitchn. Homemade frozen pizza are very handy for weekend lunches and dinners, or for those days when I don ’ t feel like cooking. I besides have complete control over what we are eating, whilst maintaining the appliance of a box from the supermarket .
Everybody knows how to make pizza, and I am not re-inventing the bicycle hera. however I felt I should highlight a few key points that will ensure freeze pizza success .
1. The Crust
The key to estimable pizza is a good crust. I typically use a bucket of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day as my establish. This is my predilection for two reasons : I can make at least seven pizza from one batch of dough, and I can make the boodle a few days in advance then am not waiting for it to rise in arrange to make pizza. Your darling pizza crust recipe will work equitable equally well .
The trick to avoiding inert pizza is to lightly cook the base before adding the toppings. Preheat the oven to 220C ( 200C winnow forced ) and cook each crust for about 3 – 5 minutes, or until it is dry and slenderly gusty. The al-qaeda should be equitable cooked, but not allowed to brown. Allow the bases to cool slightly before adding the toppings .
2. Topping Your Frozen Pizza
I about always have a batch of my Homemade Pizza Sauce in the electric refrigerator, though I have besides used Spicy Kale Pesto, and even a thin smear of white sauce, on occasion. Use anything you fancy that can be frozen .
When it comes to the toppings, joint to the old proverb “ less is more ”. The greater the depth of the toppings, the higher the likelihood of a doughy pizza. I chop all my toppings before I start assembling pizza. This allows to me to top a count of pizza at once, thereby limiting the time it takes to get them in the deep-freeze. Short on toppings ? Freeze the base with a layer of tomato sauce and cheese, then add the hope toppings barely before the pizza goes into the oven .
3. Freezing The Pizza
initially, you should freeze the pizza individually. This ensures that the toppings aren ’ thyroxine squashed, and that the pizza wear ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate stick together. I freeze the meet pizza on trays, then stack them once freeze. The number of pizza I can freeze at any one fourth dimension depends on how wax my deep-freeze is at the time .
4. Storing Frozen Pizza
once flash-frozen, wrap the pizza individually in credit card envelop or foil, and label each pizza with the ingredients and the date. This is particularly important if you have used a diverseness of toppings, or have made pizza for particular kin members. If the pizza are to be consumed cursorily, and if you have the deep-freeze space, stack the pizza together, separated with baking paper, and store them in one large credit card bag that can be reused .
good wrapped freeze pizza will keep in the deep-freeze for up to three months, although I normally go through my hoard long ahead this. They are fair so handy to have on hand .
5. How to Cook Frozen Pizza
Cook the pizza directly from freeze. There is no motivation to defrost them first. As the bases are par-cooked, and quite slender, the pizza defrost quickly in the heat of the oven and add only a few extra minutes to the cook fourth dimension .
The key to good pizza is a hot oven. Pre-heat your oven to 230C ( 210C fan forced ). Unwrap the pizza, slide it into the oven, and fudge for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the pizza is bubbling and browned. enjoy !
Take-Out, Fake-Out: Homemade Frozen Pizza
It is possible to make your own amazing frozen pizza at home. You need never buy another cardboard box from the supermarket again.
Read more: Best Homemade Pizza Recipe
- 200 gigabyte pizza dough *
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Pizza Sauce
- A handful of newly grated mozzarella cheese
- Chosen toppings ( salami, capsicum, mushrooms, olives, anchovies etc )
To assemble the pizza
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C ( 200C fan forced ). If using a pizza stone, plaza this in the oven before pre-heating .
- roll out the pizza dough to the prefer size. put on a tray if not using a pizza stone .
- Bake the base in the hot oven for 3 – 5 minutes, until the surface looks dry, and the exceed of the base has slightly puffed .
- Remove the establish from the oven and place on a wire torment. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. If bombastic bubbles develop in base, fair pierce them with a knife .
- place the root back on the tray .
- Spread a slender layer of the pizza sauce over the basal .
- scatter over the mozzarella cheese .
- Arrange the selected toppings over the cheese. I like to press them slenderly into the cheese and sauce to help everything stick together .
- space the tray into the deep-freeze, and allow to freeze for at least 30 minutes, or until solid .
- Remove the fixed pizza from the deep-freeze .
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and tag with the pizza character and date .
- Return the wrap pizza to the deep-freeze .
To cook the pizza
- Pre-heat the oven to 230C ( 210C fan forced ). If using a pizza stone, place this in the oven before pre-heating .
- Unwrap the pizza and plaza on a tray if not using a pizza stone .
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown university .
- enjoy !
* I find that 200g of dough is the perfect size for a independent meal pizza. Adjust this according to the appetites of the people eating the pizza. humble children will obviously want smaller pizza .
This is the process I use to make Homemade Frozen Pizza. These instructions will make one pizza. Just scale the ingredients up according to the number of pizza you wish to make .
If well wrapped, frozen pizza should last up to three months in the deep-freeze .
nutrition information is provided entirely for the base. other nutrition information will be affected by the pizza sauce and toppings used. P.S. Looking for more Pizza Recipes ? Try my Homemade Flat Bread Pizzas or Mushroom & Blue Cheese Stovetop Pizza.