Looking for more pizza recipes? Try this Homemade Pizza with Chicken and Bacon or this Homemade Supreme Pizza Recipe !
Healthy Homemade Herbed Pizza
Homemade pizza … There ‘s nothing well for a Friday night at home if you ask me ! My ma ‘s homemade pizza was celebrated when I was a kid. I remember once when I was in junior high school, I had a schoolmate over to work on a stick out ( a solar arrangement panorama I do believe ). She happened to be about at dinner time and had Mom ‘s pizza with us. She was therefore shock and amazed that people made their own pizza, and then she was even more shocked when she tasted it .
Fresh Tomato and Bacon Pizza Recipe
There ‘s just no match for homemade pizza ! And this one is good. I mean, you actually ca n’t go incorrect with fresh tomatoes, an herb medley, and ( the kicker ) bacon, right ? It ‘s a wholly simple jazz band that ends up tasting excellent on some pizza dough with melty tall mallow and garlicky tomato sauce. We love a good pizza around here because everyone can get involved in the gain of it. The kids love adding their own ratios of toppings, and I love that they ‘re helping in the kitchen !
How Long Do I Cook Homemade Pizza?
Bake this recipe for 12 to 15 minutes on a preheat pizza stone ( or over-turned broil sheet ) at 500 degrees F., until the exceed is bubbly and the edges are starting to brown. sometimes I do n’t want my oven that high though so you can besides cook it at 425 for closer to 20 minutes .
How Do You Serve Homemade Pizza?
I serve it right off of the parchment newspaper ( which gets all dark and cooked looking ), or I ’ ll tear off a raw firearm and serve it on a crisp white sheet of parchment. very reasonably. And very simple ! ( For cleanup and beyond ! )
How Long Do You Wait To Cut Pizza?
I have the hardest time waiting, but if you allow the pizza to cool for at least 3 to 4 minutes, the cheese will have prison term to set and wo n’t slide off ! Worth the wait, absolutely .
Printclock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
Herbed Tomato Bacon Pizza
- total time : 130 minutes
- yield :
Herb and Tomato Bacon Pizza is not merely super tasty, but it is besides a great way to attachment with your family as you make and enjoy dinner together ! I seriously, badly love pizza, and this recipe ‘s a winner because it ‘s pretty straightforward, but DELISH ! You ‘ll love making it with your people .
For the dough:
- 2 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon
Read more: The Top 3 Ways to Reheat Pizza—Ranked
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 to 6 cups flour (whole-wheat or unbleached all-purpose)
For the pizza:
- 2 cups pizza sauce (my easy recipe is in the notes)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (a mix of basil, parsley, and oregano is delicious)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the water, yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil. Allow mixture to stand for 5 minutes. Add one cup of flour, and mix to combine. Add another cup of flour and mix through. Mix by hand for 1 or 2 minutes. The dough should be the consistency of cake batter. Add another cup of flour and mix through. Add flour until you can’t mix it by hand very well. Sprinkle some flour on your table and turn the dough onto the table. Knead the dough by hand until it is smooth and elastic, adding flour as needed. This should take 6 to 10 minutes of kneading. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover it with a towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 15 to 60 minutes (this time varies a lot for me — I just let it rise according to how long it is until dinner time).
- While the dough is rising, preheat your oven to 500 degrees F. If you have a baking stone, put it in the oven to heat up, too. I would recommend using a stone for baking this pizza. If you don’t have a stone, you can turn your biggest cookie sheet upside down (so that the flat side is up), or use a rimless sheet. If you are using a stone let the stone heat for 30 minutes. If using a baking sheet, let it heat for 15 minutes.
- When the oven is hot, cut your dough in half. Place half of the dough on a piece of parchment paper that is 18 inches long. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough (on top of the parchment paper) into a large circle. The dough should be between ¼- and ½-inch thick (I like mine thin, Husband likes his thicker… you’ll have to find what you like). Top with 1 cup of pizza sauce, 1 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella, and half of the crumbled bacon, tomatoes, and herbs.
- When the pizza is all ready, slide the pizza, which is on the parchment paper, onto a rimless cookie sheet or one that is upside down. This will help you get the pizza to the oven.
- Open the oven and slide the pizza, which is still on the parchment paper, from the cookie sheet onto the hot baking stone or hot cookie sheet. I just tug on the edge of the parchment paper with my hands and slide it on to the stone. BE CAREFUL! Your oven is set to 500 degrees F. It’s super hot, obviously! Make sure the babies are out of the way, and be careful when sliding the pizza into the oven.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the top is bubbly and the edges are starting to brown. When the pizza is done, tug the edge of the parchment paper, and slide the pizza back onto the cookie sheet you used to transfer it to the oven. Again, be careful!
- Let your stone reheat for 10 minutes. While the stone is heating, repeat the whole thing with the second half of the dough and bake the same way.
- Repeat with the second half of the dough and the rest of the toppings.
- Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
- I serve it right off of the parchment paper (which gets all dark and cooked looking) or I’ll tear off a new piece and serve it on a crisp white sheet of parchment. Very pretty!
For the pizza sauce : 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 ( 28-ounce ) can crushed tomatoes ( excess points if you home can them, which I do every summer ! ). In a small saucepan, cook the oil and garlic in concert over medium heat until the garlic starts to smell estimable. Add the tomatoes and simmer until it thickens a act, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. do ! in truth. Three ingredients and it tastes amazing !
- homework time : 90 minutes
- cook time : 40 minutes
- category : dinner
- method : oven
- cuisine : american
Keywords : homemade pizza recipe, how to make pizza, tomato bacon pizza recipe, goodly pizza recipe, herb and tomato bacon pizza recipe
Read more: Best Homemade Pizza Recipe
More Pizza Recipes You’ll Love:
This post was in the first place published in 2014, and has been updated and rephotographed in October 2019 .
I know you and your love ones will wholly love this herbed tomato bacon pizza recipe. It ‘s tasty and a perfective room to empty your garden .