I ’ ll picture you how to clean your microwave with all three of these easy clean methods. You won ’ thyroxine believe how simple it is to do and will wonder why you never knew these cleaning hacks before. The best part there are no chemicals fair natural ingredients.
then lease ’ s catch started so you can enjoy a clean microwave the adjacent time you cook .
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy something using my link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
How to Clean Your Microwave with Easy Cleaning Hacks
All of these Microwave clean hacks work bang-up so I ’ d choose which to use based on the ingredients you have at home. They ’ ll be no need for a long ton of elbow grease to clean the inside of a microwave equitable use the baron of steam .
Tip: If you need to clean under the glass turntable or microwave plate don ’ thymine forget to remove it before you start cleaning. It besides makes it easier to wipe down the interior of the microwave without the turntable inside .
When your done cleaning your microwave use our cleaning hacks to get the smell out of your Dishwasher and movement loading wash Machine besides .
Cleaning Method with Vinegar
Vinegar will kill most determine, germs, and bacteria that can grow in your microwave. Yes gross I know ! The vinegar will help get rid of the smell in your microwave and loosen baked-on food .
Do you Hate Cleaning the House? Make it easy with Genius DIY Cleaning Hacks for Lazy People. You won ’ t believe you didn ’ metric ton know these before !
Steps to Clean with Vinegar
- Get out a microwave-safe bowl
- Add 1/2 cup White Distilled Vinegar & 1/2 Cup Water
- Microwave until it boils (make sure to watch)
- Let it sit in the microwave for 7 minutes and do not open the door
- The steam and vinegar will loosen anything stuck on your glass door and walls
- Wipe down the glass door, walls, plate, and base with a damp sponge, paper towel or clean cloth. Use warm water to dampen the cloth.
That ’ s it ! lone takes about 10 minutes and you have a clean microwave .
Tip – You could besides use a methamphetamine measuring cup rather of a bowl so it ’ randomness easy to measure your vinegar and water .
Make this method easier with the Angry Momma Microwave Cleaner. Add vinegar & water to this cagey device that lets the steam come out of her steer. angry Momma is a quick way to clean while you do other things around the house .
Related Article – How to Clean a Front Loading Washing Machine & Get the Smell Out
Cleaning Method with Lemon
Did you know you could use a fresh lemon to clean your microwave and give it a newly smell ? I like using lemon because people normally have them at home and it smells capital when you ’ re done .
Steps to Clean with Lemon
- Slice up a lemon into wedges
- Squeeze the lemon wedges into a microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Then place the lemons inside the bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of water
- Add to the center of your microwave & microwave on high until the water boils and starts to steam.
- Stop the microwave and leave the door closed for 15 minutes. The water and lemon will steam the inside of the microwave loosening up baked-on food.
- After 15 minutes wipe down the inside of the microwave with a damp cleaning cloth or paper towel.
Related Article – Best Ways to Clean a Smelly Dishwasher in 4 comfortable Steps
Glisten Microwave Cleaner
I like this clever microwave clean from Glisten. The box comes with 2 sponges with one side to scrub and one side to wipe clean. You should merely need one mooch per clean and nothing else .
Here’s How to Use Glisten
- Remove one sponge from the package and place it in the center of the microwave
- Heat the sponge for the time listed on the box base on your microwave wattage. It will be around 25 seconds but make sure to check.
- The sponge will foam up and steam your microwave.
- Wait about 3-4 minutes or until the sponge is cool to the touch
- Use the rough side of the sponge to get off any tough baked-on foods
- Use the soft side to wipe out the microwave
- Finish by wiping down the microwave with a cleaning cloth or paper towel.
Learn more about the Glisten Microwave Cleaner
Cleaning Method with Baking Soda
The last easy microwave cleaning hack is with baking sodium carbonate. This method will create a balmy grinding to help scrub those very hard-to-clean baked-on foods. It is besides the longest method as you will be letting it sit overnight .
Steps to Clean with Baking Soda
- Combine 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 cups of water in a microwave-safe container or glass measuring cup.
- Stir and dissolve the baking soda in the bowl
- Heat the bowl for 2 minutes
- Let the bowl sit overnight with the microwave door closed.
- In the morning remove the bowl and wipe down the microwave with a damp paper towel or cleaning cloth.
Related Article – 45 Best clean Supplies at Dollar Tree You Need
Weekly Microwave Cleaning Tips
Quick cleaning tips to use on a casual or weekly footing to keep your microwave from getting bad .
1.Cover all food you put in the microwave with a paper towel or microwave splatter cover. We like a clear shroud so you can see the food inside while cooking and it ’ s dishwasher safe .
2. Wipe down the inside of the microwave promptly with a wallpaper towel or damp cloth right after a spill. We like these Amazon Basics scavenge towels.
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob – The BEST Way!
3. Use the Angry Mama Microwave Cleaner – Use this cool device to steam your microwave and make it easier to get the caked-on food out of the microwave. Plus it gets rid of any tarry odors .
4. Don ’ metric ton forget to wipe down the outside of the microwave sides of your microwave to get rid of fingerprints or debris build-ups .
Need More Cleaning Hacks for Home?
For those of you who hate cleaning, you ’ ll love our DIY Cleaning Hacks for Lazy People. Their insanely easy cleaning tips for deep cleaning your house with the least sum of function. Your gon na want these tips !
What has helped me the most with cleaning my theater is a simple scavenge schedule. The free printable is a realistic cleaning checklist that makes you feel less stressed about all the scavenge tasks and more concentrate. Plus you ’ ll very love checking things off the list when you ’ re done .
Download my loose Cleaning Schedule for Busy Moms and stop feeling overwhelmed today .
We have tons of easy clean hacks and decluttering ideas for your home. Make your life easier and more organized. Find more in our cleanse Hacks and Organization Hacks .
How to Clean a Front Loading Washing Machine & Get the Smell Out
Best Ways to Clean a Smelly Dishwasher
45 Best clean Supplies at Dollar Tree You Need
How to Declutter Your Home Stress-Free
17 Genius Dollar Tree Organizational Hacks for Home
25 Clever Kitchen Organization Ideas
I hope you found some microwave cleanse hacks that will work at your dwelling ? These simple cleaning solutions showed you easy ways to clean your microwave like a clean adept .
You ’ ll find you ’ re a set more willing to find clock time to clean when it ’ s this slowly. Plus you can feel good that all the scavenge methods use simple natural products like lemons, vinegar, and baking pop .
The best part is you will get rid of that microwave olfactory property and microwave gunk without needing a scrub brush. I love that and you will excessively .
Let me know if this worked for you !
If you enjoyed this article and want more family hacks, easy class meals, and fun class ideas, join the happy Mom Hacks residential district with our weekly newsletter .
As a bonus, you ’ ll get our exempt printable hebdomadally Cleaning Routine checklist to take the tension out of houseclean .
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for family travel ideas, kid ’ sulfur activities, family hacks, and fun parenting liquid body substance to give you a laugh each day .
Don’t Forget to Pin This
More from Happy Mom Hacks