Estimated reading time : 5 minutes
Make pizza delicious again. The hardest part of making your own homemade pizza is making the crust. Planning ahead does play a huge depart in making the perfective dough. See this recipe and make your own Homemade Pizza Dough .
Homemade Pizza Dough
Please note that the printable recipe is listed below .
The hardest depart of making your own homemade pizza is making the crust. Planning ahead does play a huge partially in making the arrant dough. One of my darling homemade pizza dough recipes requires the dough to rise for an hour. But I have to admit, I am sometimes in a rush to make dinner and can ’ metric ton wait an hour for the boodle to rise .
One way to make your own shortcut is to double your pizza dough recipe .
once you ’ re ready to top your pizza dough, take the extra, separate and freeze. This means you will have extra boodle available and ready. The day you plan to use the dough, transfer it from the freezer to the fridge in the morning to thaw for dinner in the evening. Or use my super promptly method acting ( you can tell I do this much ) : to unfreeze I place in a strong bathtub of water and within 20-25 minutes you are ready to start .
rise time for dough after defrosting will silent be about an hour once the pizza dough is fully defrosted .
Is Homemade Pizza Dough Cheaper Than Store Purchased?
Can a homemade pizza beat the $4.99 Boboli 12-Inch crust or Pillsbury refrigerated dough priced on sale for $2.99?
My inaugural quick answer is… ” hmmm, I don ’ triiodothyronine know ”. So I thought I would break the cost down in my very accurate numerical manner of process and calculate it out .
here goes :
How much does it cost to make a pizza?
This cost will actually depend on if you are purchasing the bulk jars or the 3 packs of yeast. We make pizza often and let us not forget all the excess bake goods in our home, so bulk is how we purchase .
A 4-ounce memory sword jar is much on sale for $ 3.49. Two teaspoons of yeast is equivalent to 0.25 ounces. That means there are 16 servings in a jar. After doing the mathematics, two teaspoons costs just $0.42 .
I by and large buy my flour when it ’ sulfur on sale. typically, a 5 pound bag of flour when on sale costs around $ 2.49. generally speaking, there are typically 17 cups of flour in a 5 pound bag. That means each cup costs $ 0.15, and the two cups necessary for the pizza dough add up to $0.30.
My bottle of olive oil costs around $ 3.50 for 8 oz. Which means that 2 tablespoons monetary value $0.21.
The teaspoon that this recipe calls for costs a little less than $0.007. For the basis of calculation, let ’ s just round this cost up to the nearest penny .
A 4-pound pocket of sugar costs $ 1.49. There are 9 cups of carbohydrate in a 4-pound cup of tea. That is $ 0.16 per cup. We a literally only using 2 teaspoons of sugar. This is so hard to measure out based on cost. But in world, it may cost us good $0.01.
I am going to say that the tapdance body of water from our home cost future to nothing. But for the footing of calculations and to give it a price, let us call it a penny. $0.01
Total Cost for Homemade Pizza Dough (Drum Roll Please), Just $1.23
That price is precisely screaming BARGAIN. On that bill, here is a very dim-witted pizza dough recipe that our family loves .
And remember, homemade just tastes better. No extra ingredients that you can not pronounce .
Tips For Making a Better Pizza
- Use a Pizza Stone or Pizza Screen Pan. (I own both and prefer the screen, we like a crispy pizza) – if using a pizza stone pre-heat stone as well prior to placing dough on it to cook. How to transfer your already top pizza to a pre-heat stone. I like the parchment paper method. Roll your dough on a floured piece of parchment paper. Make your pizza. Once topped, slide your pizza using the parchment paper onto the preheated stone and bake. Leave the paper intact.
- Using a stand mix with a dough blade on will help mix and kneed your pizza dough.
- Pre-Heat your oven to 450 degrees. (I have heard of others go even higher), then bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Always place your pan in the center of the oven rack.
- Let your pizza rest a few minutes after baking and before cutting. It makes cutting the pizza a lot easier.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
This slowly pizza dough recipe is great for beginners and produces a soft homemade pizza crust. This homemade pizza crust has it all : voiced & chewy with a delicious crisp and AWESOME season .
Continue to Content
DIY All Natural Brown Sugar Facial Scrub
Yield: 1 Pizza Dough Crust
Homemade Pizza Dough
The hardest separate of making your own homemade pizza is making the crust. Planning ahead does play a huge separate in making the perfect dough. See this recipe and make your own Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 Package active yeast (2 tsp)
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Cups Bread Flour
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 TSP Sugar
- In a small bowl dissolve yeast in warm water, let stand until creamy (10 minutes)
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour, olive oil, salt & sugar.
- Combine wet mixture with dry. Mix with a dough hook until dough becomes stiff.
- Mold dough into a ball, place in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has doubled in size your ready to make your pizza
Please note that you can substitute bread flour for general-purpose without seeing a major remainder in the boodle. I have tested ersatz myself .
Amount Per Serving:
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or parcel a photograph on Pinterest
Other Homemade Frugal Recipe Ideas
Make Your own Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
Delicious Homemade Dinner Rolls
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Homemade Breakfast Pancake Syrup – Made from Brown Sugar
Eating out is easy, and it normally tastes delectable, but it ’ second expensive. Making this meal at home will save you money. Add this recipe to your weekly meal plan .