I learned how to make corn on the hazelnut in the microwave years ago when I lived in Buffalo .
My ex-husband ’ second emboss was an about-to-be-90-year-old valet who invited us over to dinner at his house several times.
During the summer months when local corn whiskey was in temper, he ’ d microwave us corn as a english dish for dinner, saying it was the best room to cook it. I understand if you ’ re doubting ; I was excessively. But he was right !
Microwave corn on the cob steams perfectly in its husk, locking in the moisture and making sure the corn is juicy and flavorful.
And as a bonus, after corn is microwaved, it ’ mho super easy to shuck ! The corn husks basically barely slip right off, along with the corn silk .
If you ’ re wondering how to cook corn in the microwave, I will show you how easy it is. And I ’ thousand here to tell you that it ’ s the best method I know of for cooking corn !
once you learn how to cook corn whiskey on the cob in the microwave, I think it ’ ll be your go-to method for making corn all summer retentive .
Microwave Corn on the Cob Recipe
There very international relations and security network ’ metric ton a lot of a recipe going on here. Just grab a few ears of corn and make certain you have access to a microwave, and you ’ re fix to go !
Don ’ triiodothyronine forget the toppings though. Butter and salt are my favorites for corn the cob .
How to Cook Corn on the Cob in Microwave
Put the corn on the cob ( with the husk on ) directly in the microwave .
My microwave is 1.58kW and 4 ears of corn cooks perfectly for 10 minutes. You can adjust the cook clock based on the electrical power of your microwave .
If you ’ ra cook less corn, you will want to cook for less time. 1 ear of corn whiskey cooks for about 5 minutes, 2 ears cooks for about 7 minutes, and 3 or 4 ears cooks for about 10 minutes .
Use potholders to remove the corn whiskey from the microwave. Let it sit for about 3 minutes to cool slenderly before shucking .
Shuck the corn. The easiest way to do this after microwaving is to slice off the penetrate, and the husks and silk should easily slip off .
Tips for Making Microwave Corn on the Cob
- Making sure your corn is fresh, local if possible, and has the husks on. The corn steams in the husks and the end result is juicy, sweet corn.
- If the corn is fresh, there’s no need to wrap it in a wet paper towel before microwaving. The corn husk itself is what locks in the moisture.
- After microwaving corn on the cob, use potholders to carefully remove it. Not only is the corn hot, but the husks hold in hot steam as well!
Microwave Corn on the Cob FAQs
Do You Wash Corn After Shucking?
No ! The corn husks act as a natural barrier keeping corn clean and jerk. There ’ mho no need to wash corn after shucking .
however, sometimes you will find a worm or early critter in your corn whiskey. just cut out that part !
How Many Ears of Corn Can You Cook in the Microwave at Once?
I recommend cooking up to 4 ears of corn in the microwave at one fourth dimension. If you need to cook more than that, I recommend cooking them in batches .
What’s the Best Way to Heat Cooked Corn on the Cob?
To reheat cook corn on the cob in the microwave :
- If the corn is shucked, wrap the cooked ear of corn in a damp paper towel.
- Place it on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cook for 2 minutes, and then check it and see if it needs more time.
More Delicious Corn Recipes to Try
I love hearing from you !
Did you make this recipe ? Please rate it and leave a comment.
You can besides tag @ anediblemosaic on sociable media.
To stay up-to-date, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter !
Microwave Corn on the Cob
Microwave corn on the cob is the BEST way to cook fresh corn ! The corn steam in the husks and locks in the moisture, resulting in blue, flavorful corn that ’ sulfur agile and easy to make with minimal attempt. And bonus, after corn is microwaved the husks and silk just slip off !
from 1 vote
ears of corn on the cob with the husks on
- Place all 4 ears of corn in the microwave ( I put them immediately in the microwave, no need for a home plate ). Microwave on high for 10 minutes .
- Use potholders to remove the corn from the microwave. Let it sit for about 3 minutes to cool slightly before shucking .
- Shuck the corn. The easiest manner to do this after microwaving is to slice off the bottomland, and the husks and silk should easily slip off .
- Serve hot, with butter and salt if desired .
- Nutritional Information: Information for this recipe was calculated without the optional toppings.
- Microwave Cook Time Tip: My microwave is 1.58kW and 4 ears of corn cooks perfectly for 10 minutes. You can adjust the cooking time based on the wattage of your microwave.
- How to Cook Up to 4 Ears of Corn: If you’re cooking less corn, you will want to cook for less time. 1 ear of corn cooks for about 5 minutes, 2 ears cooks for about 7 minutes, and 3 or 4 ears cooks for about 10 minutes.
Microwave Corn on the Cob
Amount Per Serving ( 1 ear of corn )
Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 168IU
Vitamin C 6mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .
How to Cook Corn in the Microwave, How to Cook Corn on the Cob in Microwave, Microwave Corn on the Cob
Read more: Microwave Baked Potato – Baking Mischief
Tried this recipe ?Let me know how it was!