Start With the Basics
Before you get into the details, you need to think about a few basics :
- How many people will you be serving?
- How many adults and children will be eating pizza?
- Will pizza be the only item you’re serving, or will you have other food to eat?
- Do you want to send a few slices home with guests or have enough for leftovers for yourself?
once you have the answers to these questions, you can start digging into the delectable details as you calculate how many pizza to decree.
Figure Out the Slices Per Size
The size of the pizza you ordain will determine how many slices you can expect each proto-indo european to serve :
- Small pizzas average between 8 and 10 inches in diameter and will yield about six slices.
- Medium pizzas run 12 inches in diameter and will give you about eight slices.
- Large pizzas are 14 inches in diameter and will offer approximately 10 slices.
- Extra-large pizzas come in between 16 and 18 inches in diameter and will provide at least 12 slices.
Before placing your holy order, shout and confirm the issue of slices per size for your pizza .
Don’t Underestimate Appetites
If Uncle Joe can knock out half of a medium pizza and hush be athirst, then you know that a single proto-indo european alone won ’ thyroxine cut it for your get-together. While it can be catchy to estimate how many slices people will eat, you don ’ metric ton want to underestimate anyone ’ s appetite, either .
Three slices per adult and two slices per child offer a good base to start from when you ’ re estimating how many pizza to club. If you know in advance that you have guests with major pizza appetites, allow for one or two more slices per person, precisely to be dependable. If your pizza will be on the smaller size or have a very dilute crust, history for an supernumerary cut per person .
here ’ s another room to think about how many pizzas you ’ ll need using a medium pizza size ( eight slices ) as an exemplar :
- Multiply the number of guests you’ll be serving by three slices per adult or two slices per child.
- Divide this number by the number of slices you can expect to get from the pizza size you desire.
Using this formula, if you ’ rhenium serving five adults who will eat three slices of pizza per person, you would need to order two medium pizza.
Read more: The Best Pizza Dough Recipe
Consider the Occasion
It ’ sulfur crucial to think about the time of day and the meal itself. If you ’ re planning a pizza-only lunch for two to four people, one large pizza should be enough. however, if you ’ re creating a Sunday sports day feast with chips, dips, wings, and early finger foods to feed eight people, then you may want to think about ordering two, three, or four pizza to round out your banquet, specially if the event will last a long time .
Children ’ second parties and pizza go hand in hand. Medium pizza work well for this type of gather. When placing your arrange, ask for your medium pizza to be cut into 10 slices rather of the traditional eight slices per pizza. While you ’ re chiefly serving children, parents may want a slice or two when they ’ re picking up and dropping off their kids .
Top Off Your Planning With Toppings
No one wants an argument over pizza toppings. Nevertheless, pizza toppings remain a source of debate among pizza purists. A 2019 YouGov sketch pinned down pepperoni as a favorite pizza topping among 52 % of Americans, while 34 % put blimp in their top three topping choices, and 31 % favored mushrooms. Both bacon and plain cheese only came in as top-three picks among 20 % of pizza consumers surveyed .
To avoid pizza wars in your family, get everyone to give you their topping preferences before you place your order. If complain tall mallow, pepperoni, sausage, and peppers are what you have to work with for feeding three people, then one pizza should give you batch of veridical estate. For exercise, you could divide one large pizza into one-third complain cheese, one-third pepperoni, and one-third sausage and peppers .
Don ’ triiodothyronine forget the folks who love plain cheese pizza. If you ’ re ordering multiple pizza for your group, reserve about one-third or one-half of them as plain tall mallow .
Pequod ’ south besides offers mouthwatering vegetarian pizza options .
Keep in mind the watch points about pizza toppings :
Read more: How long is pizza good for in the fridge?
- Specialty pizzas featuring a combination or variety of toppings are best when you know what toppings your guests prefer. If you’re in doubt, don’t be afraid to ask. Otherwise, you may end up with a lot of leftovers.
- Adding extra toppings, such as more than two toppings per pizza, will make your pizza slightly thicker than a single topping alone. When paired with specialty or thicker crusts, extra toppings on your pizza will give each slice more heft than a thin-crust pizza with a single topping.
Know How to Place Your Order for a Group
kin gatherings and parties with a twelve or more people call for some particular considerations :
- Go with the largest size pizza possible: While an extra-large pizza will be more expensive than a medium pizza, the cost per slice is actually less than pizzas of a smaller size. As a result, the price of your order will be less overall.
- Round up for planned leftovers: Consider how many guests may ask for a slice or two to take home with them. After all, pizza still tastes great when you eat it the next day — even for breakfast. When placing your order, round up and order an extra pie.
One final examination discussion : Crafting the arrant pizza for your guests takes time. By ordering in overture of your party, you give your favorite pizza guys and gals the time they need to prepare your pizza just the direction you want them .
still not sure how many pizzas you should get ? Easy, order from Pequod ’ s Pizza the next time you ’ re having a gather in the Chicago or Morton Grove area, and we ’ ll help you figure out precisely what you need !