It ’ s not that hard, it ’ s good a matter of mathematics, well that is kind of correct but the are some fundamentals to address like – the size of the pizza, is it being served as finger food or possibly it is the main dish .
We will cover all these and more topics and then present you with a handy table or graph that gives you the exact sum of pizza to buy and serve for between 10 and 100 people .
If you are running pizza party then you will need sodium carbonate and frost cream – how much of those do you need for 10-100 guests.
besides, see our catering for push resource page .
Pizza is one of America ’ s favorite food as stated by Food Industry News, but it is actually one of the world ’ s most democratic fast and easy foods .
With so many different types of pizza available nowadays, there is no doubt that anyone can find a type of pizza they love .
But how much pizza should you regulate for a large group ?
What do I need to know before ordering a say a 14 inch pizza ( or 9,10 12 or 16 edge ) for a big family get-together ?
Let ’ s start off with the basic questions to answer
- what is the size of your group?
- pizza for adult vs children vs teenager
- family night vs extended family party
- how many slices of pizza per person
so before we do our pizza per person calculations we will define the pizza calculator parameters that our mesa is built on .
How Many Pizzas Should I Order?
You should club enough pizza plus 20 percentage extra pizza whatever the size you are buying if you want to be certain you never run out of food .
Before you Order Pizzas Define your Guest Numbers and Food Demographics
- How many people are coming
- is there likely to be extra unexpected guests
- What is the make up of the group
- all men
- all teenagers – who eat heaps of pizza
- family mix
How Much Pizza To Order for Event Type
At different events, there will be different amounts of pizza consumed for exemplar
- Children’s Birthday Parties – Medium or 10-12 inch pizzas are best for children’s parties.
- Pizza buffet table
- Family Reunion
- Tailgate Party
all will have different pizza requirements and it is best not to underestimate pizza appetites. It is so easy for each guest to take one extra cut of pizza than you anticipated .
How to make your pizza feed more people?
When you order your pizza ask for it to be cut into ten slices preferably than the normal cut of 8 .
What is the Average Number of pizza slices a person will eat?
below is the serving size for each of the categories of pizza based on their size .
Adults will eat on average
- serving size of 2 slices of extra-large pizza pie which are defined as 18 inches or greater
- serving size 3 slices of large-sized pizza which is defined as 14-16 inches in diameter
- serving size 3 to 4 slices of medium sized pizza which is 12 to 14 inches round
- serving size 4 to 5 slices of a small pizza which is 8 to 10 inches
- serving size 6 slices or all of an extra small 6 inch or less pizza – e.g a personal pizza
Children will eat on average
- Do not buy extra-large pizza (18 in) for kids the slices are just too large and you end up cutting them down to children’s sizes.
- 1-2 slices of large-sized pizza which is defined as 14-16 inches in diameter. Again these slices will often be cut in half when served to kids.
- 2 slices of medium sized pizza which is 12 to 14 inches round
- 3 slices of a small pizza which is 8 to 10 inches
- 4 slices or half of extra small 6 inch or less pizza – e.g a personal pizza
Specialty Pizza – If you get deep-dish style – like Chicago stylus pizza pies then the bread content will fill people up quicker than a thin and crisp pizza basal. The most fill is the bum stuffed crust. If you get these excess fill pizza you will not need extra slices per person. personally, I do think that is worth the extra charges when you are having a pizza party .
How Much Pizza Do You Need Per Person – A Handy Table
This graph is built on averages for both children and adults and how much pizza they eat of each size. see our definitions of pizza serving size above.
How many pizzas do I need for 10 adults?
How Many Pizzas Do I Need Per Person For 10 People
For Family Gathering buy 3 Large Pizza
How Any Pizzas Do I Buy For 10 Adults
- 10 Small size pizza
- 5 Medium sized pizzas
- 4 Large size pizza
- 3 Xtra large pizzas (18 inches plus)
How Any Pizzas Do I Buy For 10 Children
- 5 Small size pizza
- 3 Medium sized pizzas
- 2 Large size pizza and 1 small pizza
How many pizzas do I need for 20 Guests?
How Many Pizzas Do I Need Per Person For 20 People
For Family Gathering buy 6 Large Pizza
How Any Pizzas Do I Buy For 20 Adults
- 20 Small size pizza
- 10 Medium sized pizzas
- 8 Large size pizza
- 6 Xtra large pizzas (18 inches plus)
How Any Pizzas Do I Buy For 20 Children
- 10 Small size pizza
- 6 Medium sized pizzas
- 5 Large size pizza
How many pizzas do I need for 50 Party Guests?
How Many Pizzas Do I Need Per Person For 50 People
For Family Gathering buy 16 Large Pizza
How Any Pizzas Do I Buy For 50 Adults
- 50 Small size pizza
- 25 Medium sized pizzas
- 20 Large size pizza
- 15 Xtra large pizzas (18 inches plus)
How Any Pizzas Do I Buy For 50 Children
- 25 Small size pizza
- 15 Medium sized pizzas
- 10 Large size pizza
How many pizzas do I need for a Big Group of 100 Guests?
How Many Pizzas Do I Need Per Person For 100 People
For Family Gathering buy 35 Large Pizza
How Any Pizzas Do I Buy For 100 Adults
- 100 Small size pizza
- 50 Medium sized pizzas
- 40 Large size pizza
- 30 Xtra large pizzas (18 inches plus)
How Any Pizzas Do I Buy For 100 Children
- 50 Small size pizza
- 30 Medium sized pizzas
- 20 Large size pizza
Is It Better to Get 2 Medium Pizzas or 1 Large Pizza?
It is better to get 1 large pizza because the price per slice is about constantly less the bigger the pizza .
Except for kids ’ parties, it is best to buy the largest size possible as overall the bigger pizza are more economic .
How many medium pizzas do I need for 20 people?
You will need 10 medium pizza ( 12-14 column inch size ) to feed 20 people.
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
What Salads are the best to serve as a side with a Pizza
- Antipasto salads
- Caesar salad
- Fresh garden-green salad
- Spinach salad
- Potato Salad
How Many People Does a Medium 12″ Pizza Feed?
A 12″ average pizza will feed 2 adults or up to 4 children
How Many People Does a Small 10″ Pizza Feed?
A 10″ humble pizza will feed 1 to 1.5 adults or astir to 2 children
How Many People Does a Large 14″ Pizza Feed?
A 14″ medium pizza will feed 2 adults or up to 4 children