The Best Low-Carb Pizza Crust Recipe (Keto-Friendly)
Our quick and easy Low-Carb Pizza Crust recipe will put pizza back on the table for those living a keto lifestyle. In fact, it tastes so good, the entire family will love it–whether they eat low-carb or not. This recipe can be part of a keto, gluten-free, grain-free, diabetic, or Banting diet.
The best keto-friendly pizza crust
Okay, so I truly don ’ t like to toot my own cornet, but I in truth do think this is the identical best keto-friendly pizza crust out there. In fact, this pizza crust tastes so full, I actually prefer it to the honest-to-god wheat-laden crust. Our recipe for pizza crust has a blank relish and doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate contain cauliflower, or other flavors that might seem a little non-traditional. I besides do not use eggs in this boodle to prevent it from tasting “ eggy ” ( like the original fathead boodle ). This low-carb crust is even faster to make than wheat crust. There ’ south no yeast, so there ’ s no rising time. Yet, the flavor is identical alike to yeast-leavened crust. If you like, you can add garlic or other herb. One thing I love about this recipe is that it doesn ’ t take any particular ingredients. If you eat low-carb, you credibly have everything you need to make this crust in your kitchen right nowadays. disavowal : Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming ! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support !
This recipe is the one I used for my Low-Carb Caramelized Onion, Pear and Brie Flatbread. Because I like this crust thus much, I felt that it needed its own web log post, where it isn ’ thymine shadowed by the toppings ! In fact, our pizza crust has become such a anchor in our family, and it ’ s besides estimable to keep it to myself. This pizza crust recipe is based on some early recipes I ’ ve used for mozzarella boodle. While in past posts, I ’ ve mentioned that I had no idea where this dough originated, I did a bit more inquiry and found out ! hera ’ s the link to the recipe for what everyone calls “ fathead dough ”. I ’ ve been playing with mozzarella in boodle for quite some time now. Because it ’ s so versatile, by varying the ingredients, I ’ ve created everything from crackers, to tortillas to sticky bun. This type of boodle is one of my favored low-carb doughs to experiment with in the kitchen .
What is keto pizza crust made of?
This pizza crust has identical few ingredients. It takes only almond flour, mozzarella cheese, a bit of cream cheese, and a little salt .
Can I eat pizza on keto?
Because tradition pizza crust is high gear in carbs, many think pizza is a no-no on a low-carb diet. While some may choose to eat pizza without the crust, this recipe gives you a more carry through option. You will need to be careful about the toppings you put on your pizza. Some toppings can importantly increase the number of carbs. Because of this, I devoted a by and by section to low-carb topping suggestions.
Can you make this low-carb pizza crust ahead of time?
While this pizza crust is simple and easy to make whenever you have that pizza crave, sometimes it ’ sulfur decent to have it ready to go. To make this crust ahead of time, merely follow the instructions through footfall 7. Don ’ triiodothyronine add the toppings and do the second baking. rather, allow it to cool wholly on a cool rack. This step is very important and will keep your crust from getting soggy. After the crust has wholly cooled, put it in an airtight container or wind it up well with formative wrapping. An extra large plastic nothing bag entail for pies would work for this angstrom well. refrigerate for up to three days, or freeze for up to three months. To use the made-ahead crusts, defrost the crust if it is freeze. following, preheat the oven to 350ºFahrenheit. place the crust on a cookie plane or pizza pan, then add your favorite toppings. Bake until the cheese melts. This normally takes about 5-8 minutes.
A word about toppings:
This crust works with all kinds of toppings. Pile it eminent with your favorite low-carb goodies and make your own masterpiece. Depending on your macros, you should be able to get away with pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, crunch beef, and even a few slices of onion and peppers. In addition, you can add some fresh basil or oregano to give your creation a epicure feel. Another thing to keep in mind is the carbs in the pizza sauce you use. Lots of times, sauces contain total carbohydrate. In fact, some brands of blimp and pepperoni will besides include carbohydrate. last, I want to point out that this pizza crust makes staying low-carb easy for me. I hope it becomes a anchor in your family like it has in mine. love ! Annissa
The Best Low-Carb Pizza Crust
This Low-Carb Pizza Crust recipe makes a crust everyone will love. This recipe can be part of a low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, diabetic, or Banting diet.
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
- 3/4 cup super fine almond flour
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt ( 1/4 is adequate unless you very love salt )
- Place scud in the kernel of the oven. Preheat oven to 425º Fahrenheit. Have two sheets of parchment about 15 ” long, a rolling bowling pin and a pizza pan or baking sheet quick .
- In a large saucepan, mix together the almond flour, mozzarella tall mallow, skim cheese and sea salt. locate mix over low heat. Heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and the mix becomes dough-like .
- Place boodle on one of the pieces of parchment. Shape into a disk. Cover with the early tabloid of parchment .
- Roll dough out into a 12 ” diameter traffic circle .
- Remove the acme slice of parchment and slide the boodle onto the pizza pan using the bottom nibble of parchment .
- Poke holes in the boodle using a fork .
- topographic point on center scud of the preheat oven. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until fortunate, watching carefully to prevent burning. Put pan on a cool single-foot. Decrease oven temperature to 350º Fahrenheit. ( You may need to open the oven door for a few minutes to allow excess heat to escape. )
- optional : to crisp up the crust a snatch more, flip the crust over and bake for an extra 3-5 minutes .
- Allow crust to cool 5-10 minutes. Add the hope toppings on the crust. Bake an extra 5-8 minutes at 350º Fahrenheit, or until tall mallow has melted. Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes before cutting and serving .
Serving size= 1/8 of pizza crust. web carbs per serving ( gram ) : 2 nutrition Facts The Best Low-Carb Pizza Crust Amount Per Serving ( 1 slice )
Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 300%
Vitamin C 0%
Net Carbs 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave
SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave