The time that this takes varies depending on the size of your potatoes and how herculean your microwave is. Ours is 900 Watts and it took 4 minutes for my bite-sized potato pieces to cook. To check if your potatoes are done, fair peel rear the cling film and try piercing them with a branching. If they ’ rhenium soft enough to eat then they ’ rhenium fudge ! These cheesy garlic and herb potatoes actually are such a simple recipe, besides. After all, you only need a handful of ingredients :
- butter – fat is flavour and it prevents the potatoes from sticking to the dish! However, you could substitute it for olive oil if you prefer.
- garlic powder and dried herbs. I used a mix of my favourite herbs, but you could replace the basil, thyme and oregano with 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning. I used enough seasoning to be able to taste it without it being overpowering, but you can adjust both the quantity and the seasonings used to suit your tastes.
- salt and pepper – I always recommend seasoning potatoes generously since they seem to act like flavour sponges – they just suck it all up!
- baby potatoes. I don’t peel them as it’s a bit of a pain and I quite like them with the peel left on, but feel free to peel them if that’s how you like them!
- and a touch of parmesan to sprinkle on top! This is optional, but they won’t be cheesy potatoes without it! You could use another cheese such as mozzarella instead if you’re not a parmesan fan though! In this case, you might want to add it before the potatoes cook for the last minute in order to let it melt slightly.
You could try substituting the relish ingredients ( butter, seasonings and cheese ) to get a unlike flavor jazz band ! For example :
- olive oil + garlic powder + smoked paprika (only a little!) + oregano + small cubes of feta for more Greek-style potatoes!
- any neutral cooking oil + garlic powder + chilli flakes + cumin + coriander for spicy vegan and dairy-free microwave potatoes
- any neutral cooking oil + garlic powder + taco seasoning (or another Mexican spice blend) + cotija cheese for Mexican microwave potatoes
… the possibilities are endless ! You can even try adding extra veggies such as bell peppers or onions – sol retentive as they take less clock time to cook than potatoes, they ’ ll solve bang-up ! And why stop at veggies ? There ’ s no argue you couldn ’ thyroxine add cooked proteins like leftover cooked wimp or some crumble bacon to the mix ! You could turn this into an entire balance microwave meal ! Continue to Content
Cheesy Garlic & Herb Microwave Potatoes
homework time :
fudge time :
total time :
These baby potatoes are gently cooked with butter, garlic and herb in the microwave and then topped with batch of parmesan !
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to season, generously
- 180 grams (6 oz) baby potatoes, chopped in to bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- Add the herbs and seasonings to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and pour over the butter. Stir to combine.
- Cover the dish with clingfilm and pierce several times. Microwave for 3-5 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender, stirring after every minute.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and sprinkle over the parmesan. Serve immediately.
Do not reheat. Be sure to temper liberally as potatoes can be very bland otherwise. A shallow dish is best sol that potatoes do n’t overlap. It ‘s best if they ‘re all in one even layer so that they can cook evenly. In a 900 Watt microwave, it took 4 minutes for my potatoes to cook. This will vary depending on your microwave and the size you ‘ve cut your potatoes into.
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
Amount Per Serving
All nutriment values are an appraisal and will vary.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a star evaluation by clicking the stars in the recipe tease or tag me in a photograph @ crunchandcream on Facebook ! If you ’ rhenium looking for more pantry, bum microwave recipes then you might like my easy peasy microwave risotto or my bum spinach & rice microwave stuffed peppers.
Or, if you ’ re more here for the garlic, butter and cheese then you ’ ll decidedly like my bum garlic butter pinwheels ! They ’ re one of the most democratic recipes on the solid locate ! My creamy and bum leek bake is another popular side smasher that goes down a process ! It ’ mho requires a small more clock time, but is fair a delicious ! Don ’ thymine forget to subscribe for your copy of my free recipe ebook !