Recipe calling card & instructions updated 3/8/22 .
Jump to Recipe
Why I care so much about gluten free pizza
I distillery cry about pizza. In fact, I did the other night at the VIP dinner at the Celiac Disease Foundation Conference. person posed the interview, what foods do you miss from your gluten-eating days ? And I said, unambiguously, the pizza from Pizzeria Mozza. Moments before I had been giggling with Erica from Celiac and the Beast about god knows what. We ’ rhenium cockamamie like that. But my emotions went from pure joy to utter despair at the remember that I will probably never be able to eat that gloriously crisp and chewy, slightly charred and wholly glutenous pizza from Mozza ever again. And I cried.
The dear thing about being devastated about a personnel casualty, is that it has propelled me forward in the kitchen. I became obsessed with recreating all the foods I knew and loved before–pizza particularly. This pizza crust has had many iterations, and I think this matchless is my best so far. It ’ south no pizza from Mozza…however, it does mimic many of the like qualities that I love so much. It is crisp and bubbling along the edge, and has a decent chew to it. I ’ molarity pretty pleased with it, and I think you will be excessively .
When I play in my kitchen lab I merely use weights and measures so this recipe requires a scale. As prison term allows, I ’ ll share the cup measurements for those of you who don ’ t have a kitchen scale…but badly, every gluten-free baker should own one. I have this one. It ’ sulfur cheap and accurate .
The only early crazy requirements are Expandex which is a modify tapioca starch that adds stretch to gluten-free broil goods, and powdered egg whites, which help add structure ( and those are available at stores like Whole Foods ). As this recipe is even in the development stages I have no idea if it will work with substitutions. But if you do play around with it, be sure to partake your results .
Finally, I ’ ve included a wholly amateur short video ( filmed by my 14 year old–thanks Owen ! ) of how to shape the dough. Hopefully it ’ south helpful to you. There is no rolling or tossing of gluten-free pizza dough. At least not this one. It ’ south more like throwing a pot on a potter ’ sulfur wheel. Take your time and make sure to smooth the edges and you will have a adorable looking and delicious tasting pizza that everyone will enjoy .
Pizza Fridays are a special tradition in our family…we sour together, listening to music, drinking wine and normally eating the pizza hot out of the oven while standing at the kitchen antagonistic. It ’ second free-and-easy. It ’ s playfulness. And it ’ mho about arsenic good as the pizza of my former life. Cheers !
Love this gluten free pizza crust recipe? Here are some other amazing main courses to try:
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and star rating below (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) and post a picture and tag us on Instagram using the hashtags #agirldefloured #deflouredrecipes! Thank you!
Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
This gluten free pizza crust is the closest approximation to “real” pizza that I have ever tasted. It’s light and crisp, the edges bubble up beautifully and the flavor is outstanding. Take care when shaping the dough–smoothing out the edges means the pizza will have a more authentic appearance. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy eating pizza again.
- Stand Mixer
- 96 grams sweet rice flour
- 80 grams sorghum flour
- 60 grams potato starch
- 60 grams corn starch
- 52 grams tapioca starch
- 18 grams Expandex
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon powdered testis whites
- 1 teaspoon boodle
- 1 teaspoon sea strategic arms limitation talks
- 2½ teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- ⅔ cup plus 2 tablespoons ardent water ( about 105 degrees )
- 2 big eggs
Read more: Easy Garlic Bread Pizza
- 1 tablespoon extra virgo olive oil plus more for drizzling
- Add the flours, starches, xanthan, egg white powder, sugar and salt to the stadium of a rack sociable fitted with the paddle attachment and mix well. Add the yeast and touch again .
- Beat the eggs, strong water and oil together in a bowl until politic. Pour into the flour mixture and beat on low until it is incorporated. Beat on eminent for 2 minutes until the boodle is light and downy. It will be identical muggy .
- atomizer a medium bowl with gluten-free cook spray or wipe with vegetable oil. Add the dough, cover with plastic and locate in the electric refrigerator to rise for 3 hours .
- When fix to bake preheat the oven to 500 degrees. If you have a pizza rock, it should be on the bottom ledge .
- Divide dough in half. Turn one share out onto a piece of parchment newspaper. Using muffle hands shape dough into a 9-inch circle, re-dampening your hands as necessary. Shape dough then that it is relatively slender in the middle and thick around the edges, taking care to create a nice, politic lip on the edge of the boodle. Cut off any overindulgence parchment paper .
- Slide dough on the parchment directly onto the pizza stone. If you don ’ t have a pizza stone, place on a bake sheet in the oven. Let the dough fudge for about 5 minutes, then using tongs, carefully lift the edge of the crust and remove the parchment newspaper. Continue cooking the boodle for about 5 minutes more, or until it is lightly gold brown. While the beginning crust is baking shape the moment crust as directed above .
- Remove from the oven and bake moment crust. top each pizza as hope ( eminence : clean mozzarella makes gluten-free pizza crusts quite inert, so it ’ s best to use the shreddable kind ). Drizzle some olive petroleum around the edge of the crust and return the each pizza to stone to finish bake until the cheese is melted and the toppings are hot and red-hot, 5-10 more minutes .
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
Tried this recipe ?Let us know how it was! Thank you for helping support my little clientele ! A Girl Defloured earns gross in a few different ways ; I have episodic sponsored mail and I besides earn an affiliate commission on the sales of products I link to— there might be a few of those links in this position. The merely items that I feature are those that I use on a regular basis and that I in truth love. I earn a little committee on your purchase, but you don ’ metric ton yield any more than retail price. This allows me to share my recipes with you ( and keeps me well feed ). THANK YOU !