first Published : December 27, 2018 last Updated : June 19, 2020
Growing up, I had this little Polly Pocket cookbook for kids.
That cookbook was my FAVORITE. I ’ molarity pretty certain it is a huge reason why I love cooking and why I choose to cook with my kids so much .
English muffin pizza – the perfect kid recipe
One of the recipes in this little pink Step-into-Reading reserve was for English Muffin Pizzas. My brother and I immediately fell in love with them and asked to make them regularly. partially because they were amazing and partially because we just loved pizza a batch .
The best part about these is that the identical basic adaptation uses things you already have at home ( credibly ) :
- English muffins
- Tomato sauce (I like using hidden veggie spaghetti sauce.)
Boom – you ’ ve got yourself a little personal pizza a preschooler can make .
The key to perfect English muffin pizzas that aren’t soggy is toasting the muffin before adding sauce and eating as soon as possible!
Which brings us to the ultimate question for anyone who has made an english muffin before :
How do you make English muffin pizzas not soggy?
The key lies in the homework and the sauce .
- First, you absolutely need to toast your muffin slowly. This will dry the muffin a bit more and make it less likely to get soggy. Because the muffin has all of those signature “nooks and crannies”, there is just so much room for the sauce to go and make soggy.
- Second, you need a thick sauce. If you are using have jarred sauce or spaghetti sauce, just add it to a pan for a bit and cook it down to remove some liquid. If not, that liquid is going to make your pizza soggy.
- Limit the sauce! I aim for about 1.5 tablespoons of sauce per muffin half. Too much sauce makes for an icky pizza.
Those are truly your keys to making a killer miniskirt pizza. once you have a thick sauce and a crunchy muffin, you ’ ll just need to make certain you don ’ t put on excessively much sauce .
The only remaining reason an English muffin might get boggy is if you let it sit excessively long. This is why I recommend eating them soon after they get out of the oven .
What to put on English Muffin Pizzas:
here are some ideas of toppings you can use. Make certain everything you use is on the small side, specially if you want it to cook a act .
- Ground, cooked sausage
- Chopped pepper
- Chopped onion
- Extra Parmesan cheese
If your kids are a morsel more adventurous than mine, you can add very any kind of top. But again, don ’ metric ton add excessively much – 2 tablespoons of cheese and 1.5-2 tablespoons of toppings seems to be the sweet spot in my opinion.
How to make English Muffin Pizzas
Okay, so let ’ s catch to the real nitty gritty- how to make the perfect English muffin pizza .
Preparing the base
It ’ s a truly simple march, but if you do it just properly, you ’ ll have perplex results .
- First, preheat your over to 450.
- Next, separate your muffin with the tines of a fork, and lay on a cookie sheet.
- Pop in the oven to toast, about 3 minutes or until your muffin feels dry but isn’t showing any golden toasting. If you go too far, it’s not the end of the world, though.
- While you’re waiting, prepare your toppings. Your toppings should be smaller. Chop them pretty fine if possible. The pizzas won’t be in the oven that long.
How to assemble English Muffin Pizzas
When your muffins are toasted, make an forum line of sauce, cheese, and toppings to help the process along .
- First, spread 1.5-2 tablespoons on your muffin evenly, coating the whole cut side of the muffin with sauce.
- Next, add 2-3 tablespoons of cheese of your choice. I like mozzarella.
- Last, add 1.5-2 tablespoons of toppings. If desired, add a dash of dried oregano and some fresh Parmesan cheese on top.
Add to the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes or until your cheese is melted and bubbling .
Serve your arrant english Muffin Pizzas immediately !
Perfect English Muffin Pizzas Everytime
These mini pizza are indeed easy, even a child would make them ! Super customizable to what your class enjoys, these elementary, kid friendly pizzas make a fun lunch, bite, or tied dinner !
If you enjoy this recipe, I’d love if you’d rate it 5 stars!
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
english muffin pizza are an easy, kid friendly recipe that kids can help make. Serve them with your favorite pizza toppings and kids will gobble them up !
toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 450 .
- separate English muffins and ballad on a broil tabloid. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until just lightly browned .
- Remove from over and add half the sauce to each half of the muffin before adding the cheese and toppings .
- restitution to the over for 5-6 minutes or until melty and bubbly .
- Allow to cool a minute or two and enjoy !
How to Make english Muffin Pizzas
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .
Okay, so tell me – did you have a book you ADORED as a kid? I’m seriously thinking of buying that cookbook off of ebay!
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
Looking for more kid friendly pizza recipes?
Pizza Chicken – a 4 ingredient, 15 minute dinner !
How to Make Pizza Bagels – with goodly pizza bagel options !
Cheesy Low Carb Pizza Casserole – spaghetti squash pizza casserole