olive Garden Chicken Formaggio Pizza made at home can ’ triiodothyronine be all in. This sauce-less pizza tastes wonderfully clean with basil, wimp, onions, mushrooms, and a diverseness of italian cheeses .
olive Garden ’ s sauce less pizza is one of the most singular and flavorful pizza they have ever had on their menu. This Formaggio Pizza is broad of bracing basil, wimp, mushrooms, and a blend of italian cheeses, you won ’ thymine want to miss this recipe.
Does Olive Garden Have Pizza?
While Olive Garden used to have pizza on the menu, they updated their menus a while ago removing all if the pizza from the menu, with the exception of the kids menu .
therefore this delectable Olive Garden chicken alfredo pizza recipe is unfortunately nobelium longer available to be ordered in their restaurants .
That besides makes this recipe invaluable, since nowadays the only place you can make it is in your own kitchen .
What types of cheese does Olive Garden Use?
For this recipe, Olive Garden uses a blend of Fontinella cheese and mozzarella tall mallow .
While mozzarella tall mallow is a well known cheese, Fontinella is not. Fontinella cheese is a sweetness and creamy tall mallow that melts wonderfully. Which makes it the best cheese to spouse with mozzarella cheese and make the perfect sauce less so far creamy pizza .
This blend of cheeses besides provides this recipe an add depth of spirit to this Olive Garden pizza .
How Does this Sauce Less Pizza Work?
normally when you think of pizza, it by and large includes some type of sauce, whether that is BBQ sauce, Alfredo sauce, or regular pizza sauce .
well, with this recipe there is no actual sauce. however, the direction this pizza is put together replaces the need for an actual sauce .
Since the onions and garlic are sauteed in olive oil and then added to tomatoes, it allows the tomatoes to break down slenderly and become wonderfully tender .
When the tomato mix is put directly onto the pizza dough it acts just like a sauce from the juices that the tomatoes produce when they are assorted with the tender onions, garlic, and olive anoint .
Can I use Pizza Dough for This Recipe?
Yes, you decidedly can ! In fact, you should try it at least once with pizza boodle and see which you and your family like best. Either, with pizza dough or pre-baked pie crust, will be absolutely delightful .
If you decide to use pizza boodle for this recipe you can make your own pizza boodle. It is highly simple .
For the perfect homemade pizza boodle, try my recipe on how to make the best pizza dough from scrape ! Most probably, you already have everything you will need to make your own dough with my easy however tasty recipe .
The New and Easy Way to Reheat Pizza
I have tried many different ways to reheat leftover pizza since pizza is a staple dinner recipe. While I decidedly do not recommend the microwave to reheat your pizza it will work in a touch. The downside is your pizza will probable be inert .
Reheating the pizza in the oven does work well to provide a crisp crust as opposed to a boggy crust when microwaved. however, preheating your oven and reheating the pizza in the oven can take quite a bite of time. Make sure to have at least 20-30 minutes to reheat your pizza .
If you are looking for the best and fastest means to reheat your pizza I would use an airfryer ! I know everyone is using the airfryer to cook everything these days, but it sincerely is the best option .
You can pop a slit or two of pizza in the air fryer basket and set it to 380 degrees for 2 minutes and you will get the absolutely heated, crisp pizza in under 10 minutes .
Olive Garden Chicken Formaggio Pizza Recipe Ingredients
here ’ s a list of what you need :
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Dried basil
- Shredded Fontinella cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pre-baked pizza crust
- You can use leftover chicken instead of cooking a chicken breast.
- If you can’t find fontinella cheese, you can substitute it with asiago.
- You can use fresh or jarred mushrooms.
How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Formaggio Pizza
- Sauté or bake chicken breast until done.
- Cool chicken to room temperature.
- Cut chicken into thin strips.
- Place tomatoes, garlic, salt, and basil in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Sauté onions and garlic briefly in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and basil. Stir to combine.
- Spray or grease a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Place the pizza crust on the pizza pan.
- Spread the tomato mixture over the top of the crust.
- Lay the chicken strips over the tomatoes.
- Top with Fontinella and mozzarella cheeses.
- Top with sliced mushrooms.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the crust is piping hot.
Love Olive Garden? Try these copycat recipes!
Favorite Pizza Recipes
Check out more of my easy italian recipes and the best olive Garden recipes here on CopyKat !
Olive Garden Chicken Formaggio Pizza
You can make the Olive Garden Chicken Formaggio Pizza at home with this easy copycat recipe.
Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dice onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup tomatoes diced and drained
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup shredded Fontinella cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 12 column inch pre-baked pizza crust
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Saute or bake chicken breast, cool. Cut chicken into ¼-inch thick strips.
Spray or grease a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.
Place the pizza crust on the pizza pan.
Place tomatoes, salt, and basil in a bowl.
Saute onions and garlic briefly in the olive oil and add them to the tomatoes, salt, and basil.
Spread the tomato mixture over the top of the crust.
Lay the chicken strips on top of the tomatoes.
Top with Fontinella and mozzarella cheeses.
Add the sliced mushrooms and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the crust is piping hot.
Pizza Pan Pizza Stone
Read more: The Top 3 Ways to Reheat Pizza—Ranked