Refrigerated pizza dough makes these cinnamon rolls easy to prepare in just 15 minutes! Let the dessert olfactory property of homemade cinnamon rolls fill your kitchen this weekend .
It’s simple – you’ll start with my no knead pizza dough recipe ! And it could not be easier to make. Stir together yeast, flour, oil, salt and water and let it rise overnight.
If you’re short on time, feel free to use one lb. of store bought pizza dough in place of my no knead pizza dough recipe.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pivot to gently roll boodle into a big rectangle .
Spread a thick layer of soften butter across the dough and sprinkle on a bunch of brown sugar and cinnamon .
Roll it tightly into a big log .
gently push the ends of the log inwards, so that it ‘s the same thickness throughout. Use a knife to score the log into three equal parts .
Use a knife to score each of those sections into 3 peer sections. Use floss to cut along the score lines, creating 9 rolls .
gently form them into round cinnamon rolls .
set rolls into a lubricated 8×8 baking cup of tea and let emanation for 30 minutes .
Bake for 30 minutes. While the rolls are baking, get that frosting made ! You ‘ll beat butter and cream cheese with a hand held mixer, then add powder sugar and just a pilfer of salt .
Loosen it up with a morsel of vanilla and heavy cream until you reach the your desire consistency. I ‘m a thick and creamy gallon myself .
liberally frost newly bake cinnamon rolls and serve warm !
Cutting Cinnamon Rolls
- The easiest way to cut cinnamon rolls is using floss.
- Just shimmy the floss underneath the log, using your scored lines as a guide. Cross the ends of the floss over each other in a straight line and pull in opposite directions. This will give you a perfect, clean cut.
- Even the sharpest of knives will typically smash the dough and cause the filling to spill out everywhere. Unflavored floss is preferable, but I’ve used mint flavor and you can’t taste it at all.
- The frosting for these cinnamon rolls is made by mixing mainly cream cheese, a little bit of butter a whole lot of powdered sugar. A splash of vanilla and a couple tablespoons of cream loosen it up perfectly and give you a rich, velvety, decadent cream cheese frosting.
- The warmth from the cinnamon rolls will melt the frosting and make it perfectly oeey gooey. If you’re into a lot of frosting, feel free to double the frosting portion of the recipe as well.
You’ll Love These
- They take just 15 minutes to prepare! My no-knead pizza dough or store-bought refrigerated pizza dough is going to make these cinnamon rolls a breeze to throw together on a Saturday morning while the kids are still asleep!
- They taste just like your favorite bakery’s cinnamon rolls – but you can enjoy them while sipping your morning coffee and sitting in your jammies.
- For the dough, you don’t need a mixer.
- For the cream cheese frosting, you will need at least a hand held mixer.
- I haven’t met a rich, creamy frosting that didn’t require a mixer in fact! I lost a pin to my handy dandy stand mixer so I just use a cheapo hand mixer to make all my frosting now and it works great. With the butter and cream cheese at room temperature, this frosting comes together in just minutes!
- Pizza dough makes the perfect cinnamon roll dough! My no knead pizza dough is really best in this recipe, but store bought pizza dough will work just fine also!
- Use floss to slice the cinnamon rolls. It might seem crazy but it totally works! You’ll get even, perfectly sliced rolls every time.
- Always let the cinnamon rolls rise in the pan before baking. After slicing the rolls and placing them in your pan, make sure you let them rise for 30 minutes. This step is very crucial. It will make your cinnamon rolls big and puffy and ensure that they are cooked on the outside but tender on the inside.
- Double the frosting recipe if your family loves lots of that ooey gooey cream cheese frosting!
easy Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
5 from 13 reviews
Refrigerated pizza boodle makes these cinnamon rolls easy to prepare in fair 15 minutes ! Let the sugared smell of homemade cinnamon rolls fill your kitchen this weekend !
- Prep Time: 45 minutes ( 30 minutes of this is the boodle resurrect )
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
bombastic cinnamon rolls
- Category: brunch
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
For the cinnamon rolls :
- ½ a recipe of my favorite no knead pizza dough (or 1 lb. refrigerated store bought dough)
6 tablespoons softened butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- pinch of Kosher salt
For the frost :
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- pinch of Kosher salt
- Transfer pizza dough to a lightly floured work surface and use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a large rectangle about 12″x18″.
- Spread butter across the dough in an even layer all the way out to the edges.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle mixture across the butter in an even layer.
- Roll dough tightly forming a log, starting to roll from the long side. Then gently pat the ends so that its the same thickness throughout.
- Use a sharp knife to score the log into thirds. Then score each of those sections into thirds, giving you a guide to slice the dough into 9 cinnamon rolls.
- Use a length of floss to cut each roll by shimmying the floss under the log, lining the floss up with the score lines, then pulling the floss in opposite directions.
- Transfer cinnamon rolls to a lightly greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cinnamon rolls uncovered for 30-35 minutes. Ovens vary, so be sure to check the cinnamon rolls after 20 minutes or so and go from there.
- While the rolls are baking, use a mixer to whip cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl. Add powdered sugar and whip until combined.
- Add vanilla and a tablespoon of cream along with a pinch of salt.
- Whip until the frosting is thick and creamy. Add more cream as needed to loosen up the frosting.
- Spread the frosting over the fresh-from-the-oven cinnamon rolls in an even layer and enjoy!
Pizza dough makes the perfect cinnamon roll dough! My no massage pizza boodle is in truth good in this recipe, but memory bought pizza boodle will work merely fine besides !
Use dental floss to slice the cinnamon rolls. It might seem crazy but it wholly works ! You ‘ll get even, absolutely sliced rolls every time .
Always let the cinnamon rolls rise in the pan before baking. After slicing the rolls and placing them in your pan, make certain you let them rise for 30 minutes. This step is very all-important. It will make your cinnamon rolls large and bouffant and ensure that they are cooked on the outside but bid on the inside .
double the frost recipe if your syndicate loves lots of that ooey gooey cream cheese frost !
- Serving Size: 1 cinnamon roll
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 27.3 gigabyte
- Sodium: 435.6 magnesium
- Fat: 18.9 gigabyte
- Saturated Fat: 9.9 gram
- Carbohydrates: 72.5 deoxyguanosine monophosphate
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 7.2 g
Read more: The Top 3 Ways to Reheat Pizza—Ranked
- Cholesterol: 41.8 milligram
Keywords: homemade cinnamon rolls, cream cheese frost, scrape made cinnamon rolls, cinnamon buns
This post was primitively published in November of 2018. It was updated in March of 2019 to include work shots and tips for making the perfect cinnamon rolls every single meter !