How do I set up and light my Ooni Koda 12?
To set up your Ooni Koda 12, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps:
1. Unpack your oven, unfold the legs and insert the stone. 2. Place your oven on an outdoor open made of rock, metal, or wood that is set up outside. Tables made of glass or formative may break or melt and are not recommended. Never use your oven indoors.
Reading: Ooni Koda 12 FAQ
3. Allow your oven 3 feet/1 meter of clearance on all sides and 9 feet/3 meters above. 4. Connect the governor and hose to your propane tank car *This will either be a push-on suit or a thread appointment, depending on your region 5. Open up the boast from your propane tank 6. Find the control knob on the back of the oven. Push in and slowly turn the control knob counterclockwise until you hear a cluck and the burner ignites. 7. Continue to push in the command node for 5 seconds after ignition, then passing. 8. Gather your pizza peel off, thermometer, boodle and toppings – your oven will be in full preheated in 15 minutes ! *Your Ooni Koda 12 should run restfully when ignite. If you hear a roaring noise from the accelerator burner, switch the accelerator off for 5 minutes, then re-light .
|When using your oven for the first gear time, let it run at high temperature ( 750°F/400°C ) for 30 minutes, then cool it down wholly to season the oven and ready it for consumption .|
What should I do before I start cooking in my Ooni Koda 12?
Fire your empty Ooni Koda 12 at high temperature ( 750°F/400°C ) for 30 minutes. Allow it to cool amply and wipe down the inside with a dry newspaper towel. After this ‘seasoning ‘ summons, your oven will be cook to cook big pizza .
Where can I use and store my Ooni Koda 12?
Ooni Koda 12 is designed for outdoor use lone. Burning propane indoors can cause carbon paper monoxide to build up to dangerous levels. You must besides leave 3 feet/1 meter of headroom on all sides of your oven and 9 feet/3 meters of headroom above your oven. This means Ooni Koda 12 will not be desirable for use on most balconies. When your oven is not in use, use an Ooni Koda 12 Carry Cover to keep it safe from the elements. For occasions where the weather is stronger than usual, such as periods of heavy snow or rain, or extended vulnerability to sea breeze, bring your oven indoors to protect it .
How hot and smoky will my Ooni Koda 12 get?
Your oven will be hot to the touch, so please exercise some circumspection. The leg of your oven will not transfer this hotness, which will keep your wooden, stone or metallic element surface safe. The control knob will remain cool throughout the cook process. You should not see much smoke when working with accelerator, since propane typically burns very flawlessly .
I’m making my first pizzas, and some of them are burned while others are undercooked. What am I doing wrong?
There ’ s a modest determine curvature when it comes to using your Ooni Koda 12, but don ’ thymine worry, we ’ rhenium here to help ! If you ’ ve got pizzas that are burned and/or doughy, merely follow these tips and you ’ ll be back on track to make delectable pizza. 1. standard the temperature of the stone using an infrared thermometer. Aim it at the center of the stone and shoot for temperatures of 750°F ( 400°C ) and above. 2. Launch the pizza and dial the flame gloomy to a minimum using the control node on the back of the oven. 3. After about 20 to 30 seconds, when the back crust starts to rise, rotate the pizza 180˚. 4. After rotating, turn the flame back to high to bake the side airless to the flame. 5. Keep your eye on the pizza and revolve as necessity for an even broil. Keep in mind that the pizza will cook in 60 to 90 seconds, so don ’ t leave your pizza unattended for long ! 6. If the binding of your pizza looks like it is burning or overcooking, wholly switch off the flames and allow your pizza to cook using just the heat of the stone until it is ready to be turned. If you ’ d like more tips or tricks from an Ooni expert, get in tint with us at support.ooni.com .
How much fuel will my Ooni Koda 12 use?
|Gas (propane, butane, LPG)||0.63lb/0.28kg per hour
0.9lb/0.4kg per 10 pizzas
What kind of gas tank and regulator do I need?
Ooni Koda 12 will work with a criterion propane tank and comes with a governor. Propane tanks and regulators will vary across regions .
|If you are ordering a 30mBar burner, you will need to purchase your own region-specific gas hose and regulator.|
Please see the charts below for more information .
|Suitable Gas Tanks||Unsuitable Gas Tanks|
|20lb/3.9-13kg propane tanks||Natural gas|
|1lb/440g propane tanks*
*with purchase of adaptor(US/CA) or suitable regulator (UK/EU)
|Home propane hookups|
|Propane tanks larger than 30lb|
|Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey||30mBar
A 30mBar regulator will not come with your gas burner.
The range of 30mBar regulators is vast, and it is currently best for you to choose the regulator most suitable for use with the gas tanks available to you.
|Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland||37mBar||
“Patio Gas” = propane
*If using propane tanks like the red ones in this photo, please see below for further instructions
|Austria, Germany, Slovakia, Switzerland||50 mBar
If you have a 37mBar oven and you ’ re using a propane tank that looks like the red tanks in the chart above, you will need to purchase a POL regulator. It will look something like this. once you have the new regulator, watch this instructional video and follow the instructions below : 1. Loosen the jubilee clips, which look like this :
2. Soften up the edge of the hose by warming it with a haircloth dry or dipping the hosiery in hot body of water for 10 seconds. 3. once you have softened the hose, pull the governor off.
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
4. Replace the Ooni-provided regulator with the POL governor. 5. Replace the jubilee clips and tighten them so there ’ s an airtight seal around the hose and valve. 6. Do a leak quiz with fluent soap and body of water : Put some saponaceous water on the connection points of the hosiery, turn the flatulence on and see if any bubbles are created. If you see bubbles, you ’ ve got a escape .
- If there are bubbles, go back in and make sure to tighten the seals around the hose.
- If there are no bubbles, you’re ready to make some pizza!
Can I use butane and/or natural gas?
Ooni Koda 12 has been certified for function with propane, butane and LPG gas, which is a blend of both. propane and butane are very alike, but burn slenderly differently. Please note that butane will produce a slightly sooty flare .
- In the US/CA, we recommend only using propane.
- In the UK and EU, the regulator you’ll need for butane will depend on the oven you’ve got.
|Oven Type||Butane Regulator Needed|
|37mBar Koda 12||28-30mBar butane-compatible regulator|
|30mBar Koda 12||28-30mBar butane-compatible regulator|
|50mBar Koda 12||Not certified for use with butane.|
Ooni Koda 12 can not be used with natural gas. If you ’ rhenium interested in a natural gas choice, Ooni Koda 16 can be converted to natural gasoline using the Natural Gas Conversion Kit .
What safety devices are installed in Ooni gas-fired products?
Ooni Koda 12 includes a Flame Safety Device ( FSD ). This device ensures your accelerator burner will not continue releasing accelerator if the oven temperature suggests there is no flame. This was designed and implemented to make certain your oven is a safe as it is playfulness. If your accelerator burner appears to cut out when a flare is present, please contact us over at support.ooni.com .
What should my flames look like?
once ignited, you can expect the discolor of the flame in your oven to range between yellow and blue. Your flames should look something like those in this photograph : If you find that your oven is experiencing flare color changes along with reduced operation, there might be a problem. Please get in refer with us at support.ooni.com, and we ’ ll be felicitous to help get it sorted out .
What should I do if I’m having trouble lighting my Ooni Koda 12 or it’s making a strange sound?
There are a few flying troubleshooting tips that can get you spinal column to fudge. first, detach the hosiery from your propane tank and wait 30 minutes before re-lighting .
If Ooni Koda 12 does not light after this, carry out the following:
1. guarantee that your propane tank is full moon. 2. guarantee that the connections to the propane tank and regulator are sealed and secure. 3. Check there are no leaks in the flatulence hose using a leak spray or by doing a leak test with saponaceous water. ( leak examination explained below. ) 4. energy in and lento turn the gas control node counterclockwise. Keep the knob pushed in for 5 seconds after ignition. 5. If Ooni Koda 12 is not igniting but the gasoline is flowing, use a matchstick holder to light the boast. Full instructions on how to do this are in the condom manual. 6. If your Ooni Koda 12 is lighting but making a thunder sound, your boast burner may have ignited in the wrong blot. Simply switch the oven off for 5 minutes, then re-light. *To perform a leak test : Put some buttery water on the connection points of the hose, then turn the gas on and see if any bubbles are created. If you see bubbles, you ’ ve got a leak ; go back and make sure your hose is tightly sealed and does not have any tears. If there are no bubbles, you ’ re ready to make some pizza. If none of these troubleshooting steps helped, or if you find an issue with your hose and regulator when you do the leak test, please get in touch with us at support.ooni.com .
How do I clean my Ooni Koda 12?
How to clean the outside of your oven:
1. Let the oven cool down wholly. 2. Wipe away carbon black and crap with dry paper towels. 3. For tougher stains, clean with saponaceous water and dry immediately .
How to clean the inside of your oven:
1. Let the oven cool down completely. 2. Wipe away soot from the at heart of the oven using a dry paper towel. 3. Avoid using body of water to clean the inside of the oven .
How to clean your baking stone:
1. Let the oven cool down completely. 2. Scrape off refractory bits of food or debris using a pizza brush. 3. Flip your stone over and reinsert it for the adjacent cook. The heat from the oven should be enough to burn off any remaining residue while you ’ ra making pizza .
|Don’t worry about the stone changing color; that’s completely normal and is the sign of a well-loved Ooni Koda 12!|
How long does it take for my Ooni Koda 12 to cool down?
Leave Ooni Koda 12 for a minimum of one hour or until wholly cool before touching, moving or storing it.
MANUAL AND ESSENTIALS GUIDE
Ooni Koda 12 Essentials Guide Ooni Koda 12 Dimensions & Blueprint Ooni Koda 12 Manual CE, Manual CSA