PRODUCT CARE & USE
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY PATTERN IS DISHWASHER SAFE?
Click here for information on microwave and dishwasher safety !
Noritake ‘s quality porcelain and bone china are actually the strongest ceramic dinnerware materials. They are fired at the highest temperatures and are made of the strongest ingredients. After conducting extensive tests on several of our porcelain and bone china patterns, we found that they are every bit as dishwasher safe as our casual dinnerware. Feel release to use your “ good china ” whenever you want to make an affair special, or any fourth dimension at all.
Reading: Noritake Product Care & Use
Most free-and-easy Noritake dinnerware is condom for practice in the microwave, refrigerator, and deep-freeze. Detergent-safe means that Noritake technology has protected the delicate decorations from the effects of the harsh chemicals present in many detergents. Keep this in mind about all of your dinnerware, glassware and tableware : treat them with the respect that high-quality, beautifully-crafted products of any kind deserve. Although very strong, these items are still breakable if abused .
CRYSTAL GLASSWARE & GIFTWARE
We recommend hand washing very well crystal. Make sure to remove all jewelry as not to scratch the looking glass besides place something in the bottom of the sink so the glassware does not break or fracture .
casual glassware from Noritake is dishwasher safe.
Noritake wood products are handcrafted from either Acacia or Para wood. Both are hardwoods known for their lastingness and beautiful texture. The wood is not dishwasher dependable, so plainly pass washout with warm water and a meek soap, and dry completely with a smasher towel. We besides recommend applying a dilute layer of vegetable vegetable oil occasionally to prolong the woodwind ‘s lastingness .
CLEANING YOUR DINNERWARE
- The majority of Noritake bone china, fine porcelain, and stoneware dinnerware is dishwasher safe. Check the pattern description on NoritakeChina.com to see if your pattern is dishwasher safe; if you cannot locate this information, please contact Customer Service
- Proper loading and unloading of your dishwasher will extend the life of any dinnerware. Follow the dishwasher manufacturer’s instructions for correct placement, detergent levels, and wash strengths to insure optimum cleaning and care of your dinnerware.
- Lemon or other citrus-scented detergents are not recommended as they may damage metallic elements of your dinnerware.
- Noritake crystal stemware should be hand washed unless the dishwasher has a stemware cycle and special rack to prevent movement, although we recommend hand washing. Noritake casual glassware is dishwasher safe.
- Use of the air dry setting is recommended. Metallic bands of gold and platinum should be allowed to cool to room temperature before removing from the dishwasher.
- For both dinnerware and crystal stemware, avoid any sudden temperature change, such as putting a hot item into cool water.
- To avoid scratches, steel wool, caustic liquids, and abrasive cleansers should never be used to clean your dinnerware or stemware.
- Grey marks and rust spots:
- Grey marks appearing on your dinnerware are most often caused by flatware or other metal utensils leaving deposits on the surface. These grey marks may appear on your dinnerware and build up over a period of time. These marks are not a defect in the product and can be easily removed.
- Noritake’s glazes are extremely durable, and while they appear to be very smooth, microscopic variations exist in the depth of the glaze. Metal utensils are often softer than the glaze, and so when they come into contact with the variations in the surface, they can leave tiny particles behind. These deposits are generally causing no damage to the dinnerware items and can be successfully removed by using Bar Keepers Friend®. Here’s a video showing the use of Bar Keepers Friend® to remove the grey marks: https://youtu.be/t-S6AEMpGlo?t=50
- Rust spots are almost always caused by dishwasher rack prongs that have worn to expose the metal. Bar Keepers Friend® or CLR® can be used to remove these rust stains.
- Sticker removal:
- The adhesive is water soluble. Soak in warm soapy water for approximately 1 hour for ease of removal.
Microwave and Oven Safety Tips
- Metallic bands of gold and platinum should never be put into a microwave oven. There is a small number of active patterns that have metallic elements that are microwave safe. Please check the description of each pattern on NoritakeChina.com for information on the status of each pattern/item. If you cannot locate this information, please contact Customer Service
- Use caution when removing any item from the microwave containing hot liquid.
- Bakeware items in the Colorwave collection can be used at temperatures up to 475°
- Casual dinnerware labeled Oven Safe should follow these six simple rules to prevent thermal shock:
- Never put a cold item directly taken out of a freezer or refrigerator into a preheated oven.
- Items going into an oven should be placed into a 200 degree preheated oven for the first 8 to 10 minutes – after such time the temperature may be raised to 350 degrees, maximum.
- Do not use regular tableware (dinner plates, salad plates, cereal bowls, etc) as bakeware.
- Be careful not to put dinnerware or bakeware taken from the oven into water.
- Always use hot pads or oven mitts when putting items into and out of the oven.
- Do not expose your dinnerware to direct flame either on the stove top or in the broiler.
CARE ADVICE FOR STORED CHINA
( See the “ storage ” section for instructions on storing your ticket chinaware. )
When taking your dinnerware out of storage, you may find that the gold or platinum ring has discolored. A good cleaning in ardent buttery body of water using a easy fabric should clean this discoloration and restore your dinnerware to its early beauty. Gold and Platinum do not tarnish and polish should never be used on your dinnerware as it could badly damage the metallic element ring .
We hope this information will help you keep your Noritake tableware beautiful and long permanent for generations to come. When you choose Noritake, you choose exceeding quality dinnerware of unexcelled beauty and value from a name you can trust .