Owners of small kitchens show interest in the motion of whether a microwave oven can be put on top of a refrigerator. In a limited distance, every centimeter is significant, consequently, a dry is placed on the wash machine and a microwave oven on the refrigerator. You will now find out whether this combination is approve .
Can you put a microwave on top of a refrigerator? You can put a microwave oven on top of a refrigerator. From the point of view of the interaction of microwaves and the refrigerator, there are no problems here as long as you ensure proper ventilation. If you meet all the necessary requirements for ventilation, for example, put the microwave on special legs, then it is totally fine.
The instructions for mod microwave ovens say that they need to be installed on a flat, firm airfoil while ensuring a col between the oven and surrounding objects. This is necessary to ensure ventilation of inflame vent through special openings, which can be located on the back, top or slope of the font. For the rear wall, the gap should be 10 curium, for the side walls – 5-10 curium, and for the top cover – 20-30 centimeter. For accurate information, see the manual for the finical model .
however, the instructions do not say anything about the fact that you cannot put the microwave on the refrigerator. On the contrary, you cannot put a microwave oven near hot surfaces, such as a stove and radiator.
What You Need to Remember If You Want to Put a Microwave on Top of a Fridge
If you want to put your microwave oven on top of a fridge, follow these rules:
- Observe the gaps between the walls of the oven. For a safer installation, insert a wooden plate between the appliances. A sheet of plywood will protect the refrigerator from dents that can be left on its lid from a heavy microwave.
- If there are lower ventilation holes, the microwave oven should be put on legs. The model without legs is best placed next to the refrigerator at a safe distance. There should be no oilcloth, film or other flammable thin materials between the devices.
- Focus on the height of the refrigerator. It is desirable that the oven door opens at chest level. If the equipment is higher, it will not be very convenient to heat a bowl of soup in the microwave oven.
- The height of the room is also important — it is important that at least 20 cm of free space remains between the stove and the ceiling. There should be a distance of 15 cm from the walls of both appliances to the walls, other household appliances or furniture.
- If you put a microwave oven on top of a fridge, you can use it only for defrosting or heating food. You cannot use the microwave for a long time, for example, for baking cakes as this will need more power which will create additional risks. If you plan to use the microwave oven constantly, it is not ok to put it on a fridge.
- Make sure the refrigerator does not vibrate too much. If there is a noticeable vibration, you need to level the cabinet or put special anti-vibration pads under the legs.
- Before installation of a microwave oven, clean the appliance with a soft cloth or sponge soaked in warm water. Remove the protective films from the case, assemble the turntable, if provided by the design.
- Make sure that there is no overheating electrical equipment nearby such as radiators, ovens, stoves, etc.
- Avoid the proximity of the microwave oven to a water source and water heaters. Moisture, splashes and water droplets can impair the functionality of the device and even provoke a short circuit.
- Remember that microwaves can interfere with other appliances, so keep vulnerable appliances away. Now you are aware of the compatibility of two electrical appliances: refrigerator and microwave. If you follow these rules, this neighbourhood is quite acceptable.
Features of Operation
If the microwave oven is installed on a refrigerator, you need to take into report some of the features of this operation. In this case, service providers will most likely defy guarantee repairs if the device breaks down .
The microwave oven puts an extra load on the compressor, so the refrigerator consumes more electricity, as the amount of heat in the chamber and on its condenser increases.
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
The metal parts of these two devices must not touch. Therefore, an extra insulator is needed between the microwave and the refrigerator, it can be a fabric or other insulating material .
The main requirement for the safe use of a microwave oven located on a working refrigerator is short-term and rare operation. That is, with this musical arrangement, it is worth limiting ourselves to two modes : “ Defrosting ” and “ Warming up ”. This will prevent the appliances from overheating .
Cooking with a microwave oven is possible merely in a device located at a distance from the refrigerator. According to the norms, it is not recommended to place the refrigerator near a goblin, gas or electric stove, oven, radiators, deoxyadenosine monophosphate well as an active and long-running microwave oven .
Of course, microwave ovens are safe to use. But no one is insured from injuries that can be caused by improper operation. What does the user want to know in order to avoid unpleasant situations ?
- Do not forget to read the instructions before you start working with the microwave oven.
- The microwave oven is a kitchen appliance and should not be used for any other purpose.
- Never turn on the microwave empty.
- If you have a damaged cord or plug, you need to urgently replace it. The use of equipment in such conditions is prohibited and unsafe.
- If you notice a malfunction, contact a specialist, and do not try to repair the microwave yourself.
- Install the microwave so that children cannot get near it.
- Do not leave food in the oven.
- Handle hot liquid food with care.
- Do not reheat food that is sealed. This could lead to an explosion.
Can a Refrigerator and Microwave Be on the Same Circuit?
Technically, a refrigerator and microwave can be on the same circuit, however, it is better not to do this. It is enough to read the instructions for the refrigerator. The manufacturer clearly says that it is not recommended to connect other household appliances to the same outlet with the refrigerator.
modern refrigerators, these are complex family appliances, ferment according to preset programs, the slightest voltage surge, due to a connected device in one release, will fail, which is not desirable for a refrigerator .
The best of the options ( if the wire cross-section is chosen correctly ) is to extend a separate ramify from the same exit to connect other family appliances. Just take into report the might of both the refrigerator and other appliances, the wire and the exit must match .