easy Overnight Oats with Yogurt are a great healthy high-protein breakfast ! This recipe alone takes 6 ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare ! Plus it ‘s no-cook, gluten-free and can easily be made dairy-free !
Make-ahead breakfasts are life-savers on busy mornings ! Starting the workweek know that my refrigerator, deep-freeze and pantry are well-stocked with easy and goodly breakfast options makes me one happy ma .
This Overnight Oats with Yogurt recipe is a nutritional powerhouse. It ‘s loaded with protein, calcium and character and will keep you full all dawn long .
This is a great meal-prep recipe that is made with alone six ingredients in 5 minutes ( no cooking required ). Plus, it ‘s highly customizable and can flush be made dairy-free .
How do you make overnight oats?
As constantly, let ’ s base on balls through the steps of making this recipe. It ’ mho superintendent childlike and comes together in no time .
Gather the ingredients
here is what you will need to make these nightlong oats : yogurt, milk, oats, beloved, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt and toppings of your choice
Overnight Oats: Ingredients and Substitutions
It ‘s significant to take a infinitesimal and new world chat about the ingredients in this overnight oats recipe, angstrom well as possible substitutions ( because I know you all excessively well and I am certain you will ask ). Please remember, a recipe is only vitamin a well as the quality of the ingredients used to make it .
- Greek Yogurt. Our family’s favorite Greek yogurt is The Greek God’s Greek Yogurt. It is made with very minimal, natural ingredients and tastes amazing! In this recipe I use Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt. It adds a touch of sweetness and a more intense vanilla flavor – which we love. You can use your favorite yogurt variety and it doesn’t have to be Greek yogurt (even fruit-flavored yogurts if you would like to create fruity overnight oats). If you use plain Greek or regular yogurt, just be aware that your final product will not be as sweet, and you might want to add more honey to taste.
- Honey. Depending on the sweetness of your yogurt and your personal taste preferences, the amount of honey could either be omitted or increased. Any liquid sweetener works well in this overnight oats recipe, however the two that I recommend most highly are honey and pure maple syrup.
- Milk. I used whole milk in this recipe (because it’s what we have been buying lately). Any milk variety works well in these easy overnight oats. Just be aware that a milk with a lower fat content will result in less-creamy overnight oats.
- Oats. As stated above you can use any variety of oats you wish including old-fashioned, rolled, quick-cooking and steel cut. My personal favorite is old-fashioned oats.
- Cinnamon. I love the flavor the cinnamon imparts in this recipe. I think it’s a crucial addition and makes this overnight oats recipe special. However if you don’t love cinnamon you can omit it.
Mix it all together
This simpleton overnight oats recipe is so easy to make that the future mistreat is equitable to mix all the ingredients together .
Combine wet ingredients. Start by combining the wet ingredients and stirring until the mix is polish .
Add dry ingredients. The salt is optional in this recipe, but I find that a nip actually helps amp up the flavor .
Stir. Make sure to stir everything very well so that the ingredients are evenly distributed in the jars .
Store & Refrigerate
The future step is to pour the concoction into container and store in the refrigerator overnight ( or for at least 3 hours ) .
After these nightlong oats have been chilled, it ‘s time to crack open a jar and love !
My oldest daughter enjoyed these healthy overnight oats the best when they were served knit. here are a few other suggestions for toppings/mix-ins :
- Fresh Berries (careful not to use frozen berries unless you thaw and drain them first. They release water as they thaw and will cause your oats to become a little “soupy”)
- Fresh fruits (bananas, apples, citrus fruits, etc.)
- Nut Butters (like this vanilla almond butter or this homemade peanut butter)
- Chia Seeds
- Candied almonds
- Cinnamon Sugar pecans
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Strawberry Sauce
- Chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc.)
- Dried Fruits (cranberries, apricots, rasins, etc.)
The sky ‘s the limit with what you can serve in/on this nightlong oats recipe !
FAQS about how to make Overnight Oats
here are answers to some of the frequently asked questions about making nightlong oats .
How do you store overnight oats? Pour the yogurt nightlong oats into individual jars with lids. You can make two 8 snow leopard or four 4 oz servings. Do overnight oats have to be in a mason jar? No ! Of naturally not ! You can choose any container you ‘d like to store the nightlong oats. I do recommend using an airtight glass container with a hat. How long do overnight oats keep? These simple nightlong oats with yogurt keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 workweek. just be certain that the ingredients you use do not expire before you eat them.
For example, if you make this recipe with milk that expires in 4 days, make certain to eat the nightlong oats within those four days. Do you eat overnight oats hot or cold? You very can eat them at whatever temperature you choose. They are meant to be eaten cold, and taste delicious that way. however many people just have to eat their oatmeal warm, which is wholly satisfactory besides. Can you microwave overnight oats? Yes ! If you want to enjoy these greek yogurt overnight oats warm, you may heat them up in the microwave. I recommend starting by lone warming them for 30 seconds, then stirring and tasting. Warm them in 30 irregular increments until you reach your hope temperature. What kind of oats should I use for overnight oats? You can use all different types of oats to make this easy overnight oats recipe. here are some suggestions :
antique oats ( my personal preference ) !
steel geld oats Are overnight oats supposed to be runny? No, they should not be runny. They should be nice and chummy as pictured above. Can I make these overnight oats dairy-free? YES you can easily make this recipe into dairy-free overnight oats ! hera ‘s how :
Substitute your favorite dairy-free yogurt for the greek yogurt
Replace milk with your favorite non-dairy milk. I recommend coconut milk or almond milk.
I besides have this dairy-free Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe that is perplex !
More delicious recipes
here are some more of our darling make-ahead breakfasts .
If you make and love our recipes, it would mean so much to me if you would leave a comment and rat ! And do n’t forget to follow along with us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Youtube – be surely to tag @ joyfoodsunshine and use the hashtag # joyfoodsunshine so we can your creations !
Easy Overnight Oats with Yogurt
Overnight Oats with Yogurt are a great healthy high-protein breakfast! This recipe only takes 6 ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare! Plus it’s no-cook, gluten-free and can easily be made dairy-free!
Save Recipe Saved!
4 oz Jars
1 cup vanilla Greek Yogurt
2-4 terabyte honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup milk
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob – The BEST Way!
1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp cinnamon or to taste
berries for topping
- In a large roll, mix together yogurt, honey and vanilla. Stir until the mixture is politic .
- Add milk and stir until combined .
- Add oatmeal, sea salt, and cinnamon and stir until concoction is uniform throughout .
- Pour into four 4 oz mason jars, or two 8 oz mason jars and secure the lids .
- position in the refrigerator to chill nightlong ( or for at least 6 hours ) .
- Serve with fresh berries, a drizzle of testis butter or extra honey .
Tried this recipe ?Let us know how it was! This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!