Click To Pin And Save This Recipe
Reasons To Make This Recipe
- This recipe creates an absolutely delicious chocolate chip cookie.
- Readers here, as well as on Pinterest and Instagram, rave about the results. May say they are the best cookies they’ve ever made!
- You are never fully satisfied with the results you get when you follow the traditional Toll House recipe.
Toll House Cookie Recipe
Reading: Nestle Toll House Cookie Recipe
however, one of my darling things about baking the same recipes for years is all the short adaptions I come up with over time. If you ’ re like me ( and my beget and her mother before here ) you do the same .
I ’ thousand excited to partake with you MY interpretation of the universe ’ s most celebrated chocolate bit cookie recipe !
Whenever I ’ vitamin d bake the Nestle cookie recipe from the back of the cocoa check bag, I ’ five hundred end up adding a couple of spoon more flour to the dough to get it the right consistency. This recipe uses slenderly more flour than the original in comparison to the amount of butter in the recipe .
With the original Nestle Toll House Cookie recipe, I ’ ve found the cookies frequently spread quite a bite. I ’ ve besides found that many times the chocolate chips sink to the bottomland of the cookie. The photograph below help illustrate this .
disavowal : If you like the flat, often greasy cookie that the original recipe makes, may I suggest sticking with that. This is for the people who aren ’ metric ton satisfied with that .
In this recipe, it turns out less is more ! Reducing the butter helps prevent the cookie from spreading so categoric. Don ’ thyroxine worry, it ’ south still got that delightful, buttery cookie smack !
Chilling the cookie dough before baking the cookies helps alleviate both problems. I added a half a teaspoon more baking pop to the dough so the cookies spread fair the right sum during bake .
Yes, dough cooling can take time and design. That said, even just one hour in the electric refrigerator can make a deviation in the result of your cookies .
With a few identical simple ingredient changes, and some dough chill, I think these cookies go from good to GREAT .
These cookies are soft and chewy with sweet chocolate chips in every bite. Serve them with an frost cold glass of milk to make the kid in everyone extra glad .
Toll House Chocolate Chips Cookies are the first gear thing many of us learn to bake for a well reason : they ’ re so easy and about fool-proof. The only equipment you need is a mixing bowl, a spoon and a cookie sheet .
I can ’ thyroxine think of a single occasion when a batch of fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies wouldn ’ metric ton be welcome. This is the arrant cookie recipe to share with friends over a cup of chocolate or to tuck into a school lunch box .
The ingredients in my adaptation are the lapp as the master .
Ingredients At A Glance
Amounts and wide instructions found below in recipe tease
- Flour – DO NOT OVER MEASURE! If you do, your dough will be too dry. Sift, then gently spoon into measuring cup, and level. If you measure by scooping your flour, it will be too much!
- Baking Soda – Make sure you use soda, not powder.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted, I don’t notice much difference so use what’s on hand.
- Brown Sugar – Dark or light will work.
- Granulated Sugar
- Eggs – Large!
- Vanilla – Pure Vanilla Extract if possible.
- Chocolate Chips – While I prefer dark or semi-sweet, milk works too!
While the original recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag includes nuts as an optional component, I prefer my cocoa bit cookies without nuts. If you enjoy nuts in your cookies, chopped walnuts or pecans would be a decent addition !
Full printable recipe below in recipe card
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F .
2. In a large mix bowl, with an electric mixer beat together butter, sugars and vanilla until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition .
3. Add in half the flour, along with all the bake pop and strategic arms limitation talks. Mix by hand to combine, then add remaining flour and chocolate chips. If possible, cover and chill the boodle for at least one hour, but not more than 24 hours .
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Scoop boodle into attack tablespoons and place onto an unlubricated bake plane, leaving approximately 2 inches of space between cookies. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets, on telegram cooling racks, for two minutes. then transfer cookies to wire cooling racks with a spatula to allow to cool completely. Store tightly covered .
Click Here To Pin This Recipe
Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookies are nothing fondness and that ’ s part of their invoke. Pretty Sugar Cookies, gay Gingerbread Man Cookies and dainty Orange Slice Cookies all have their time and station but sometimes you good want the simple pleasure of a in truth good chocolate chip cookie .
If you’ve been making the Toll House Cookie recipe for years, I can’t wait for you to try my “new and improved” adaptation and let me know what you think!
Looking for more great cookie recipes? Give these a try next.
Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies are ideal for the crunchy cookie lovers in your life. Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies stay soft even days later–and my recipe doesn ’ t even require pudding mix ! Neiman Marcus Cookies come with a playfulness backstory and a well-deserved reputation. If you ’ re an oatmeal fan like I am, don ’ t miss my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies ! Short on time ? You can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate go wrong with these thick and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. How about Oreos and Chocolate Chip Cookies wholly in one ? My Oreo Stuffed Cookies do fair that ! For another celebrated recipe, try the Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. Love a epicure bakery cookie ? Try my Crumbl Cookie Recipe. I ’ ve rounded up all of my favorite chocolate chip cookies in my Best Chocolate Chip Cookies post, don ’ thymine miss it !
Nestle Toll House Cookie Recipe
The classic Nestle Toll House Cookie Recipe that so many of us grew up with. A quick and easy drop cookie, it’s hard to beat a classic chocolate chip cookie!
Print Pin It Share
2 cups plus 2 tbsp general-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking pop
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened salted or unsalted is all right
1/2 cup granulated boodle
1 cup blue embrown carbohydrate packed
Read more: Baked Potato In The Microwave
1 tsp vanilla press out
2 large eggs
2 cups Nestle Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips other chips can be used
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer beat together butter, sugars and vanilla until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
Add in half the flour, along with all the baking soda and salt. Mix by hand to combine, then add remaining flour and chocolate chips.
If possible, cover and chill the dough for at least one hour, but not more than 24 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Scoop dough into rounded tablespoons and place onto an ungreased baking sheet, leaving approximately 2 inches of space between cookies. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets, on wire cooling racks, for two minutes. Then transfer cookies to wire cooling racks with a spatula to allow to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
To make original recipe, use the keep up component amounts :
2 1/4 cups general-purpose flour
1 tsp baking sodium carbonate
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown carbohydrate
3/4 cup granulated sugar
All other ingredients are the lapp, and you do not chill the boodle .
Tried this Recipe ? Pin it ! Mention @ LoveFromTheOven or tag # LFTORecipes Click To Pin & Save Recipe